Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you deal with a breakup???

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Re: How do you deal with a breakup???

Quote Originally Posted by Wyck View Post
    PM me if you want my reasoning behind this.
    Yeah Mel.... Get ahold of Kristina. I'm certain that further despressing news is exactly what you need for recovery.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimwallace View Post
    for me and this is still ongoing cause it was only 2 1/2 months ago she left but for me is has been some drinking, lots of riding, some wallowing (at first), lots of bouncing between helping her (which i have done lots of and really shouldnt have because she has not done anything to be friendly to me) which has led to wanting the worst for her. i bounce between those two, wanting good for her and wanting bad for her. its hard to want something bad for someone you care for but its hard not to when they have pitched you out like garbage and seem happy about it. so besides aggressive riding, a fair amount of drinking, Im goin to vegas. as for a booty call i havent had one yet but maybe i should....hell im sure she's already got a fwb.
    I'm sorry to hear about you breaking up. I met her just that one time. She seemed nice. Oh well, I hope she is stuck using a B.O.B. (Battery Operated Boyfriend). Women never catch the rap for a break up even when they can drop a dude with no remorse. You will feel better if you have some anger sex. I always do. But hell I have been broken before. Now when I come across her picture I just wonder WTF I was thinking letting her hurt me. I was doing her a favor. Time heals all wounds.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

Drink, Passout, Repeat
    http://www.rapidfirebunker.com
    $15 FFL TRANSFERS. $15 Private Transfers
    Emergency Preparedness Store, Survival BULK Food, knives, Guns, Ammo, FREEDOM

Douche Yearly Supporter Sortarican's Avatar

Given the choice of not feeling anything or feeling like your heart just got run over by a truck, I'll take the pain.
    If it doesn't hurt, it wasn't very strong to begin with, and that would be a hollow life.

Breakups are like anything difficult you have to deal with.
    Sure it sucks while you're going through it, but when you come out the other side you're a stronger person and better off for the experience.

I'm constantly looking for my next heartache......shit, maybe I should become a country singer.

Quote Originally Posted by Medicjess View Post
    Hell... that was part of the reason I moved out here to CO... just to get away and start anew!
    Like my Grandma used to tell me:
    "Anyone who says you can't run away from your problems just never ran far or fast enough."

Quote Originally Posted by jimwallace View Post
    .... i bounce between those two, wanting good for her and wanting bad for her.....
    I've always noticed that when you get to the point that you can honestly wish your ex the best, you're cured.
    Sounds like you're halfway there in a really short time.
    Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

I don't wish illness towards him, due to what all went down, I know he has gone through enough punishment on his own without me adding to it. I chose not to be petty about it, but I also choose to maintain a WIDE distance between us and I will not respond when he tries to contact me.
    The key for me was getting past the initial gut wrenching part and focus on to bigger and better things. I am who I am now because of the traumas of my past. What more can you ask for? Life's lil' lessons! I'm just glad we didn't actually make it down the aisle.
    ~Jess~
    2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2008 Kawi GREEN Ninja 650R

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sortarican View Post
    Given the choice of not feeling anything or feeling like your heart just got run over by a truck, I'll take the pain.
    Now who's being the "bouncy one"?

Honestly, I couldn't agree more. Nothing like having experienced every single second of it...yes, even the pain.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

I've always noticed that when you get to the point that you can honestly wish your ex the best, you're cured.
    Sounds like you're halfway there in a really short time.
    only because i try to think logically ....my heart wants her to hurt the way i do, but my brain knows better, i know it wont solve anything, nor would it make me feel less pain.........although if she tried to come back that might return some of the self-value she took from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    and you did it!

the rest of us were just thinking it.

http://www.myspace.com/adrenalineaddiction24

01 zx9r
    99 r6 (race bike)

I'm constantly looking for my next heartache......shit, maybe I should become a country singer.
    Seems like you have the making of a country song right here....

Simple:

+

+

+

+

+

=

MRA Racer No.427

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by puckstr View Post
    Drink, EAT BACON, Passout, Repeat
    fixed it for you..
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Time.. friends.. pursuit of hobbies.

If you're the hurt party you can't just flip a switch and turn off your feelings for them. A year after my breakup, sometimes a song, or item, or place will still trigger a memory of her. But those thoughts get fewer and farther in between. You don't ever stop caring, you just find someone or something new to devote your energy to.

Me.. I bought a bike.
    Last edited by asp_125; Tue Feb 10th, 2009 at 02:30 PM.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

I think friends is the key, problem is most of the time in a relationship your friends is his/her friends. So not only are you trying to get over someone but trying to start a new relationship (friend wise) with someone who has no prejudgements of you and do not remind you constantly about the other person (be it good or bad)
    98 VFR 800 (Old faithful)
    06 Sprint ST 1050 (Sexual Chocolate)

You could try listening to love songs drinking and eating yourself silly. When you wake up smelling of liquor and bacon and it no longer appeals to you. The best thing to is relize she was a harpy or he was a loser and fuck the shit out their best friend/mom. All is fair in love and war. If their is kids involved you might have to resort to more civil proceedings. But if you win you will have the same sense of accomplishment.

If you go for the one night stand you should keep in mind all the things that sex can bring; kids, HIV or any other sexually transmitted disease. And if you pick up the first trans-gender sea hag keep in mind that you might fall in love on the rebound and might get stuck with them too. But rebounds never last in my opinion.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

cry like a bitch
    drink like a fish
    curse like a trucker

oh and Jeff, why do half of your posts look like they belong in the "things you could buy at Wal-Mart that would make the cashier look at you funny" thread?
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hate to say it but it feels good reading this. Coming from someone that just had the bomb dropped out of no where after almost 6 years a week ago....life is sucking pretty bad right now.
    1998 CBR600F3 "Desert Storm" - SOLD

WAS keeping the banana seat alive!

Any one seen "My Best friends Girl?" That is a good chick flick.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboGizzmo View Post
    Hate to say it but it feels good reading this. Coming from someone that just had the bomb dropped out of no where after almost 6 years a week ago....life is sucking pretty bad right now.

Awww... I'm so sorry, but glad we could help in a small way! *big hugs*
    ~Jess~
    2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2008 Kawi GREEN Ninja 650R

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidofColorado View Post
    nothing new here, move along
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Welcome to the CSC therapy group. It feels better because you find out you're not alone in this. ie everyone else is just as fucked up as you are.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

ugh I wont spoil it but I thought it sucked because of how it ended but thats just my mood....your talking the one with Dane Cook right?
    1998 CBR600F3 "Desert Storm" - SOLD

WAS keeping the banana seat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    nothing new here, move along
    You haven't seen it? Its got its moments.

You could try listening to love songs drinking and eating yourself silly. When you wake up smelling of liquor and bacon and it no longer appeals to you. The best thing to is relize she was a harpy or he was a loser and fuck the shit out their best friend/mom. All is fair in love and war. If their is kids involved you might have to resort to more civil proceedings. But if you win you will have the same sense of accomplishment.

If you go for the one night stand you should keep in mind all the things that sex can bring; kids, HIV or any other sexually transmitted disease. And if you pick up the first trans-gender sea hag keep in mind that you might fall in love on the rebound and might get stuck with them too. But rebounds never last in my opinion.
    So just where is this double wide livin, 3.2 beer drinking, redneck reality you live in?
    Honestly man stop trying to live those drunk cowboy songs.

Last edited by Snowman; Tue Feb 10th, 2009 at 02:59 PM.

MRA Racer No.427

ugh I wont spoil it but I thought it sucked because of how it ended but thats just my mood....your talking the one with Dane Cook right?
    Yeah the ending sucked. They always do if you want to be honest. But the rest of movie was good. Like the beginning when he's like "We'll take some artsy pictures, make some videos, have some friends over. You'll get paid. Don't worry." That was some funny shit.
    Just thought I'd mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    So just where is this double wide livin, 3.2 beer drinking, redneck reality you live in?
    Honestly man stop trying to live those drunk cowboy songs.
    Fuck you.

Make sure you DO NOT RIDE with alot on your mind. Riding takes to much concentration. It is better to plan short rides to locations that will not take alot from the enjoyment of riding. If you catch yourself thinking "what did I just pass the last mile or so?" stop, regain your senses, and get home safely.
    98 VFR 800 (Old faithful)
    06 Sprint ST 1050 (Sexual Chocolate)