Thread: Sportbike boots

Board Newbie

Sportbike boots

Wondering if anyone knows of a good pair of sportbike boots? My main problem is I have wide feet and am looking for boots made in wide sizes. Also I would want to wear them after arriving at the destination, so comfort is also high on the list. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Sportbike boots

I just picked up some Sidi B2s. I don't know if they'd be the sort of boot you're looking for, but they are a good compromise, IMHO. I don't have any discomfort walking around campus in them. Best advice I've gotten is, try on as many pairs of different kinds (and sizes, in many cases) of boots as you can. I got mine at MotoGear Outlet (they just moved to new digs off Sheridan just north of 76). Their selection is decent, I think, and if they don't have the size you need they'll order whatever you're interested in in multiple sizes for you to try on without any obligation to actually purchase them. I found their customer service to be, in a word, enthusiastic. They encourage trying stuff on, and I think I must have tried on two different sizes two or three times each just to be absolutely sure what I settled on was the best. I also talked to the salesman about enhancing the fit--in my case--by adding footbeds.

One thing's for sure, boots are a "quest item". You gotta put in the time and the miles to get the best thing for you.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

+1 for Sidi's, love mine.

Although, not exactly the kind of boot I'd want to walk around all day in.
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Sidi's are NOT made for wide feet, IMO. They seem to run rather narrow. I believe there was another post about this about 6+ months ago..

Found it - the information may be helpful
    http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...ighlight=boots
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Quote Originally Posted by Squisha View Post
    I just picked up some Sidi B2s. I don't know if they'd be the sort of boot you're looking for, but they are a good compromise, IMHO. I don't have any discomfort walking around campus in them. Best advice I've gotten is, try on as many pairs of different kinds (and sizes, in many cases) of boots as you can. I got mine at MotoGear Outlet (they just moved to new digs off Sheridan just north of 76). Their selection is decent, I think, and if they don't have the size you need they'll order whatever you're interested in in multiple sizes for you to try on without any obligation to actually purchase them. I found their customer service to be, in a word, enthusiastic. They encourage trying stuff on, and I think I must have tried on two different sizes two or three times each just to be absolutely sure what I settled on was the best. I also talked to the salesman about enhancing the fit--in my case--by adding footbeds.

One thing's for sure, boots are a "quest item". You gotta put in the time and the miles to get the best thing for you.

I've been thinking about getting some Sidi's but am really particular about the way my shoes fit. Sounds like motogear would be the place to go thanks for the advice!
    The time to hesitate is through
    No time to wallow in the mire
    Try now we can only lose
    And our love become a funeral pyre

07 cbr600rr - cookie
    02 yzf600r - sold

I think you should go to your favorite shop/s and simply try on different types for opinions are like assholes~~~we all have one.
    be nice till it's time to no longer be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Sidi's are NOT made for wide feet, IMO. They seem to run rather narrow.
    +1

I have a very hard time finding shoes that fit due to my narrow feet. However, the Sidis fit me great. I would NOT recommend them for wide feet. As already noted -- find a shop and just start trying stuff on... that's the best way to find what works for you. I spent about 3 hours at performance trying on boots until I found a pair that worked... even then I still needed some soles to make it the perfect fit.

Sidis run narrow, A-stars seem to be a bit wider. If you're looking for street boots that you can walk around in, look at Icon. I wear them at work unless I happen to need steel toes that day.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

okay, i am probably gonna get a ration of shit for this but here goes, i bought a pair off of ebay, the brand is nitro sports. i wear a size 13 and my feet are fairly wide, these boots fit great, and are unbelievably comfortable (moreso than ANY of my shoes), they were also cheap at 60 bucks, i have crashed in them 2 times and they have held up quite well. there is one downside i have found however, these boots are not stiff around the ankle and if i was to get into a nasty downer i imagine i could suffer some broken ankles, otherwise i love them.
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    and you did it!

the rest of us were just thinking it.

http://www.myspace.com/adrenalineaddiction24

01 zx9r
    99 r6 (race bike)

I got the alpinestars one-o-one boots last year. They have ankle support but dont go all the way up your shin. I love them, super comfortable to ride or walk around in. I wore them the whole time I was at the Moto GP last september without any problems and I have wide feet also.

Board Newbie

Thanks for all the input, this definitely helps. I bought a pair of alpinstars smx-5's from sportbike track gear and they were too small. They said I would be able to exchange or return them but I have called them 3 times and emailed them once and no response. So I may have a pair of smx-5's for sale. Appriciate the input.

What, not everyone is wearing flip-flops? What are these sportbike boots you speak of?

John

Sorry - couldn't help it.

Sidis are so comfortable. but not really for wide feet. I sleep in mine at night ha. jk

I ride in Sidi Vertigo Airs that I got from Sportbike Track Gear. I paid $275 for them and love them. I wouldn't really want to walk around all day in them but could if I needed to. I normally wear a 10 1/2 but ended up with an 11 to fit my wide feet. I tried on different boots locally before I bought them to make sure they felt good. They are a little longer but it doesn't bother me at all. I've bought a bunch of stuff from them with no problems and would definetly buy stuff from them again. This is just my 2 cents and my expirience with them.

Oxtar - very easy in/out and ohh so comfy, and they don't squeak.

Board Newbie

Angry Re: Sportbike boots

Quote Originally Posted by age315 View Post
    I ride in Sidi Vertigo Airs that I got from Sportbike Track Gear. I paid $275 for them and love them. I wouldn't really want to walk around all day in them but could if I needed to. I normally wear a 10 1/2 but ended up with an 11 to fit my wide feet. I tried on different boots locally before I bought them to make sure they felt good. They are a little longer but it doesn't bother me at all. I've bought a bunch of stuff from them with no problems and would definetly buy stuff from them again. This is just my 2 cents and my expirience with them.

I wish I had the luck you had with Sprortbike Track Gear. I just called them again and all I got was their voice mail. I told them this was my 4th time calling and I had already emailed once. Now a going to email them a nice sarcastic email.