Thread: Bring it!!!

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Bring it!!!

Spring, Summer, Fall...c'mon guys...let's ride!!!

Baby's got new shoes...

...and I'm itchin' to make those chicken strips disappear...

The Zed's ready for pure ridin pleasure!

Many thanks to Bruce and the guys at MotoAdventure.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Re: Bring it!!!

i dunno but sounds like a challenge to me.....
    "Beauty before anger" ~ Cat118!

cool cathy!
    what type of tire did you get?
    can't quite tell.

and hell yeah. bruce is the hook-up man for tread.
    great guy
    mayo....

Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain."

.........a crotch rocket going 85 to 90 down the highway looking like a power ranger on a mission...

Quote Originally Posted by busagirl View Post
    i dunno but sounds like a challenge to me.....
    Ha...yeah...I be a big ol' whimp. I'm challenging the weather, my job, time...all the things that get in the way of enjoying the freedom of the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by daemon View Post

and hell yeah. bruce is the hook-up man for tread.
    great guy
    I got tires that I trust and feel comfortable on...I got the Avon Storm STs. Bought them on BikeBandit. The Zed's got 16,356 miles on it and needed the 15k service. I haven't been to MotoAdventure before and thought I'd use the opportunity to go check 'em out. I'm happy with my bike and happy to report nothing was in dire need of repair. Everything checked out fine, including the valves.

The Zed's ready for another wonderful season. Now, I just gotta get myself ready...lol.

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

New shoes! Wait a week, I'm getting a new front on the Gixx. Then we'll have a chicken strip removal party!
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    New shoes! Wait a week, I'm getting a new front on the Gixx. Then we'll have a chicken strip removal party!
    Nice!!! I'm just hoping the weather clears again in time for the weekend. I spent this past weekend holed up at home getting some work done...damn. I'll be ready for a good ride.

Look at those chix strips....nooooooooooob

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Look at those chix strips....nooooooooooob
    You got that right sunshine!!!

I don't know how many times I've gotten new tires and heard the same story about a guy who took off out of the shop parking lot only to biff it immediately, cuz of new tires...and each shop I've been to has had the same story.

Shoulda seen me puttin' away from the shop that night...cold and new tires, cold road...yeah, I was not about to do anything drastic for fear of making more rash marks along my plastics.

Can't wait for the warm up and longer rides...woohoo! These tires can take everything I dish out to them.

Must be the thing just put on new Perrelli Diablo Rossi on the busa been out a couple of times love em

Account Deactivated at users request

Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post
    You got that right sunshine!!!

I don't know how many times I've gotten new tires and heard the same story about a guy who took off out of the shop parking lot only to biff it immediately, cuz of new tires...and each shop I've been to has had the same story.

Shoulda seen me puttin' away from the shop that night...cold and new tires, cold road...yeah, I was not about to do anything drastic for fear of making more rash marks along my plastics.

Can't wait for the warm up and longer rides...woohoo! These tires can take everything I dish out to them.
    Guy down the street from me out in LA bought a brand new R1, went around a corner in the neighborhood, goosed it and put his unprotected head into a pole. Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Dragger View Post
    Must be the thing just put on new Perrelli Diablo Rossi on the busa been out a couple of times love em
    I think I've gotten new tires in March for the past couple of seasons...oh and have done the bike service thing at the same time, too. It seems I put on right around 8000 miles per year. One of these years, I'd like that number to happen in a very short while...like in a month, cuz I want to do a very long trip.

Quote Originally Posted by YZFRydn View Post
    Guy down the street from me out in LA bought a brand new R1, went around a corner in the neighborhood, goosed it and put his unprotected head into a pole. Dead.
    Awe man, that's really sad.

I got new shoes as well. Corsa IIIs. But please let me just get a couple more powder days up on the slopes and then we can have summer time!!!

That, and my bike needs a new oil pan, and i plan on doing a couple other mods to it over the next couple of weeks.
    Last edited by Matty; Thu Mar 12th, 2009 at 07:25 AM.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

You better get your powder play done this weekend, then. Take a look at what's coming next week...

I've got a couple of other mods myself. A couple are quite functional/practical. Then there are a couple of mods that'll just be for looks. I think I'll hold off on spending on those until the practical stuff is taken care of first.

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post

I'm game!!

[quote=mtnairlover;419453]You got that right sunshine!!!

Same thing happened to me, took 2 bikes to TFOGS, new rears on both bikes, just as soon as my friend gets on the highway in front of my house, back end slids out and he high-sided his bike!!
    Looking for new plastics for 07 honda 1000R now!!!
    (No, i wasnt there, yes I told him)

You better get your powder play done this weekend, then. Take a look at what's coming next week...

Damn............ Unless we get some more snow up in the mountains, i think i'm going to cut back my boarding to maybe once or twice a week.

I've got a couple of other mods myself. A couple are quite functional/practical. Then there are a couple of mods that'll just be for looks. I think I'll hold off on spending on those until the practical stuff is taken care of first.

Ya my mods are somewhat practical. And a few for show and comfort. I just need a lil change.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

I've gotz a new mod to try out myself.