Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Copper Canyon Mexico Tracking

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Copper Canyon Mexico Tracking

If anybody is interested you may follow us on our journey
    to the Copper Canyon area and about. Link is here...

http://rally.star-traxx.com/rallyview.asp?Rally=85

Our very own Mental is bike #1
    and myself is bike # 2.

See you all in about a week or so.

Peace Bash
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Re: Copper Canyon Mexico Tracking

hay caramba-can't sleep, chomping at the bit, let's go!

Have fun and post some pics when you get back.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Sweet.. there's the bike.. there's the mexican jail.. there's the donkey show..

May your tires never go flat, your gas tanks be full, and all that stuff. Be safe!
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Been up since 4, might say I'm excited....See you guys in a few..

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Zeta, your a freak!
    See you later.
    Bash
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Well one of them is across the boarder but the other is still in Douglass, AZ. Hope all is well.

http://rally.star-traxx.com/rallyview.asp?Rally=85
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

They're back together again... I'm so jealous of their trip!!
    ~Jess~
    2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2008 Kawi GREEN Ninja 650R

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

I want to hear the story of why the separation of the group??? I hope that there are no mechanical issues going on down there in MX.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    I want to hear the story of why the separation of the group??? I hope that there are no mechanical issues going on down there in MX.
    Perhaps it was a cavity search. Anyone want to bet on who the lucky fella was?
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Quote Originally Posted by Medicjess View Post
    I'm so jealous of their trip!!
    Me too.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

This is so neat to see their route being mapped.
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Very true! Although since the straggler was still in the US when it happened, I'm hoping that means everything was properly resolved!
    Is 636 getting updates on the phone by chance??
    ~Jess~
    2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2008 Kawi GREEN Ninja 650R

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

This is how Da South Side does Tounge Piercing.

I talked to Bash last night but alas not today. With the trackers they have on their bikes they have to push the upload button on the tracker every hour. As I haven't heard anything today I would guess one of them forgot to hit the button this morning. But they appear to be together now around Hermisillo. Here's hoping that they aren't in a jail by Hermisillo
    One time I got stopped for speeding on the Colordo Utah boarder
    and after a discussion with the Officer about Bannana's, pockets and glad tidings to all he let me off with a warning
    and a farewell of "I am always on this strech of highway and I will be watching for you."
    My response "I feel so much better knowing that you Officer Pennywise will be looking out for me."
    WAIT WHAT??!!!!!

I check their progress a couple of times a day as well.
    Day 1 to Deming
    Day 2 to Douglas
    Day 3 to ?
    They’ve now traveled about 970 miles. It seams like a long way to ride on big thumpers- but I don’t underestimate the dual sport bikes. I’m sure there having a great time! I thought they would head for the beach, but have instead gone toward the high country. The weather forecast looks perfect for riding.

Chihuahua, Mexico (not too far from them)
    MondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFriday

84° F | 48° F

80° F | 48° F

78° F | 44° F

78° F | 44° F

73° F | 41° F

No Krissy no need for beach
    R.I.P. Lahela 10/12/1986-08/01/2008

Want to become a super hero? http://www.donoralliance.org/info-page-1

"I don't fail I just succeed at finding ways that don't work."
    Chris Titus

CSC Spelling Bee Champ 2008 and 2009

All seems quiet so far this morning, still hangin in Hermillso must be sleeping in.......(knowing Mental and Weaver Bash and Mike are probably having a hard time getting them up and moving this morning)

I was thinking they were heading right for the coast yesterday but looks like they have turned inland some. Copper Canyon that way I guess?????? The highlight if the trip for Bash is riding to the bottom of Copper Cayon, so I would guess that is the way they are heading.
    and after a discussion with the Officer about Bannana's, pockets and glad tidings to all he let me off with a warning
    and a farewell of "I am always on this strech of highway and I will be watching for you."
    My response "I feel so much better knowing that you Officer Pennywise will be looking out for me."
    WAIT WHAT??!!!!!

It looks like Bike 2 has been a steady 5 miles ahead of Bike 1 all day. Did someone forget to shower last night?

There's no place like home............

Quote Originally Posted by dallas View Post
    It looks like Bike 2 has been a steady 5 miles ahead of Bike 1 all day. Did someone forget to shower last night?
    Geez you have riden with Bike 2 before and this suprise's you??????

Actually for awhile this morning it looked like bike 2 went on his own little side trip then caught up with 1 again knowing bike 2 doesn't suprise me.
    WAIT WHAT??!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 636chick View Post

Actually for awhile this morning it looked like bike 2 went on his own little side trip then caught up with 1 again knowing bike 2 doesn't suprise me.
    Nuthin' like trippin' on the side

I have plenty of miles logged behind Bike 2 and it is usually a few miles ahead of the "pack", of course I am on his heals due to the fact I usually don't know which route we are taking, but I don't think Bike 2 knows either and makes it up as we go.

There's no place like home............

I did notice one zigged and the other zagged. But turning on the satellite view showed bike #2 at what looked like a washed out creek crossing. Suppose they did a little explorin'?
    my Facebook, SpeedShots

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    I did notice one zigged and the other zagged. But turning on the satellite view showed bike #2 at what looked like a washed out creek crossing. Suppose they did a little explorin'?

With Bash ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!

It almost looked like maybe he Zigged when he should have Zagged but with that 4-some anything is possible. Curious though it almost looked like someone didn't make the right turn and had to back track to the highway, but then again looks like that road meet up with the highway further south maybe he was looking to get into the dirt and off the highway and was foiled by mother nature. Looking forward to hearing about though and getting a good laugh hopefully.
    Last edited by 636chick; Tue Mar 24th, 2009 at 04:03 PM.
    WAIT WHAT??!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post

Just so we don't have to TTT each time.