Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: To those who speed on I25

Re: To those who speed on I25

Bum deal Zach, Webman is right, Thornton and Northglenn PD have been covering that area pretty good. Good excuse for me to get a speedo healer when I get the bike up and running. Chaulk it up to (bad) experience brother.
    For My Diavan

Yeah...Zach I feel for you....and yup Cesar a learning one!

Whenever I'm meeting the Northies I take it speedlimit all the way to 120th from a little after 58th on...cause hasn't been a time when Ive been headed that way where I haven't seen the cops.

07 GSXR 750
    07 GSXR 600 (RIP)

It's all good. I found out State Farm typically only checks on big changes in policy, so I should be alright.

And to the guy talking about doing 160+ cuz 'your on a sportbike duhduhdurr'.....

Srsly?

I'm not calling anyone out in particular or else I would have quoted him directly. I'm speaking about the thrill of riding a sportbike in general. Speeding is not for everyone, nor is splitting lanes. I do both of these about 90% of the time. I do what I do because I enjoy the thrill of the ride.

I would have purchased a cruiser if all I wanted to do was "cruise" around town or watch my speed. Cops are a deterrent, nothing more. If I see one in time, I'll slow down to avoid getting a ticket, but if I have enough time I'll get some miles between us as fast as possible.

Not everyone is comfortable riding that way, so I'm not faulting anyone for respecting speed limits, just telling everyone that I personally don't care. The OP himself stated that he was pacing traffic and still got a ticket (I know you can still be speeding and pacing traffic lol). The point I'm trying to make is that you should do what you feel is comfortable, but don't do it just because everyone else is.

Quote Originally Posted by swademaster View Post
    And all while one one wheel, too.

Looks like MHM is back to it's normal bullshit.
    Yeah, I forgot my full racing gear get up and my stop to the local Starbucks before I hit that wheelie. I can't think of anything more exciting than cruising around in my track gear, sipping on my latte and waiving to the little old ladies on the street. Enjoy! lol
    President-Syndicate Riders
    www.syndicateriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by Carlito View Post
    Yeah, I forgot my full racing gear get up and my stop to the local Starbucks before I hit that wheelie. I can't think of anything more exciting than cruising around in my track gear, sipping on my latte and waiving to the little old ladies on the street. Enjoy! lol

OH MY GOD,,, You do that too??? However while doing a wheelie @ 120mph+,,, I've found that a cup holder works very well when I pick up a Frappuccino before the ride!
    " Dream as if you will Live Forever,,, Live as if you will Die Today ! "

I got nicked by a State Trooper today on Neva Rd, a tiny little arrow-straight 2-lane that runs from Gunbarrel to 36. (Hits 36 right before Left Hand Canyon.)

I was doing around 15 over, after a short lecture about all the dead bikers he's had to clean up lately, he kindly let me go with a warning. I rode like old people fuck the rest of the day. In the straights, anyway.

In the 2.5 years I've lived up here, I've seen Boulder County 3 times, Boulder City 2, and that is the first Trooper I've ever seen off Foothill Parkway. It's just a freak sighting. Thank God I wasn't going my usual speed there. Must be the Spidey-sense.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    08 KTM Super Duke Rtard

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Have lived in Boulder for over fifty years. My county record is:

BCSO - Zero times
    BPD - Once in 1986 ---- 30 in a 25
    CSP - Once in 1984 ---- 135 in a 55 (written up as 94 in a 55)

This doesn't mean I'm violation free.

2008 Speeding <= 15 MPH over the limit / Jefferson County SO
    2007 Speeding <= 15 MPH over the limit / Jefferson County SO
    2005 Speeding <= 15 MPH over the limit / Summit County CSP
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Damn, 135 in a 55! What was the cop's reaction on that one? In my experience, they turn into rage-filled lunatics at a violation like that.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    08 KTM Super Duke Rtard

Traffic? What's that? lol Unless traffic is really heavy and prohibits me from passing, I don't waste my time in it. As far as speeding is concerned, why have a bike capable of doing 160+ if you plan to follow speed limits. Sounds like a cruiser is better suited for some, as sportbikes are not designed for comfort or cruising, they're designed for speed and performance.

Sportbikes don't even begin to shine until you get to 80+. We went carving up the canyons yesterday and while it's still too early to fully enjoy the twisties (gravel), the thrill of the ride didn't even start until I was taking my turns at 60+. It will be even better when I can hit the canyons at 80+, but that's still a month or two away unfortunately.

As far as cops are concerned, we always look out for cops, always. If we do spot one and he lights it up, we're usually way ahead of traffic by the time he even thinks of trying to find us again, if he finds us at all.

To each his own I guess.
    You RAWK so hard!
    Last edited by RCStylin'; Sun Mar 22nd, 2009 at 07:22 PM. Reason: too offensive...

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    Damn, 135 in a 55! What was the cop's reaction on that one? In my experience, they turn into rage-filled lunatics at a violation like that.
    He was fairly outraged. Told me he could have my bike towed ----- but allowed men to ride it home where I snagged my '79 Honda CBX
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

I got nicked by a State Trooper today on Neva Rd, a tiny little arrow-straight 2-lane that runs from Gunbarrel to 36. (Hits 36 right before Left Hand Canyon.)

I was doing around 15 over, after a short lecture about all the dead bikers he's had to clean up lately, he kindly let me go with a warning. I rode like old people fuck the rest of the day. In the straights, anyway.

In the 2.5 years I've lived up here, I've seen Boulder County 3 times, Boulder City 2, and that is the first Trooper I've ever seen off Foothill Parkway. It's just a freak sighting. Thank God I wasn't going my usual speed there. Must be the Spidey-sense.
    Neva road? There's never anybody on Neva road .... thanks for the heads up. I usually take Nelson, with the nice esses.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Good point, I should ride up 63d to Nelson when going to the Estes playroads. Often I'm heading to Lefthand and Neva's perfect for that. Actually, that might not work, I think theyr'e closing 63d again north of Niwot road for work.

No way in hell will Neva become cop-infested. I probably got unlucky enough to meet a trooper on it the one time they drive it in the year.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    08 KTM Super Duke Rtard

i was ticketed a little over a week ago for supposedly parking in a handicapped space with no placard at northglen open space when it was most definitely not a handicapped zone... im the typa person who sees someone just hop out of their car in a handicapped zone at the grocery store and get little pissed... so i def dont do it...

anyway onto my point..

i immediately went to challenge it and the judge ended up suspending the fine..phew

BUT - 10 of the 13 people ahead of me in the docket got nearly the identical ticket you (zach929rr) got @ 104th and i25... all on february 13th too... so... i already had this noted... but damn do i hate getting tickets for going with traffic and even especially right after you get passed by a group going much faster... gahh.. oh well...

how else will obama pay for his budget?

I don't think any state or municipal traffic ticket dollars go to the feds. Unless there's some way to get a ticket from a fed...anybody been pulled over by the FBI?
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    08 KTM Super Duke Rtard

It sucks to be singled out like that and I feel us as bikers are much more likely to get ticketed or pulled over for anything even if stupid shite but fortunately I never got a ticket on my bike.....as for driving cars a have gotten a bunch to count for!!!

Carpe Diem Civibus!!!

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter t_jolt's Avatar

I'm not calling anyone out in particular or else I would have quoted him directly. I'm speaking about the thrill of riding a sportbike in general. Speeding is not for everyone, nor is splitting lanes. I do both of these about 90% of the time. I do what I do because I enjoy the thrill of the ride.
    Im just saying that there will be people if they see someone lane splitting, they may move over at the last minute to block you. Also, ( yeah i've done this) if i see a vechile running from the cops, i will put my ass right in front of you and do what i can to slow you down. But to each his own.

For every action comes reactions. You cant have one without the other. Know that if you speed you risk the ticket. ( sucks man im sorry, I go to court for mine on the 14th ) Im calling anyone out here, just letting people know to be perpared for what ever they choose
    Mitsujagvettecedes 1000RXTS GTR

Hand built by Jerry Garcia, Dan Gurney, Chuck Norris and Duntov's ghost. GT97 turbo,
    8WD, berilium pistons, titanium rods, unobtanium crank. Block forged from the dead souls of Mongol warriors. Depleted Uranium Dog box, Flubber tires, and stage 87 axles.

-1.07 @5.7c

Quote Originally Posted by t_jolt View Post
    Im just saying that there will be people if they see someone lane splitting, they may move over at the last minute to block you. Also, ( yeah i've done this) if i see a vechile running from the cops, i will put my ass right in front of you and do what i can to slow you down.
    Yes, but @ 120mph you're traveling at 175.2 feet per second. So lets give the cop a standard 3 second reaction time, another 3 seconds to holster the laser/radar gun, and assuming that it takes him another 20 seconds to merge with traffic and start to reach high speeds. So in that 26 seconds that we used as an example, you would be over 3/4 of a mile down the highway.(apprx 4,555feet) At that point I would say that the vast majority of people wouldn't even begin to notice the flashing lights comming up behind them. Let alone it would take them a couple seconds to put two and two together, that the cop is chasing you.
    " Dream as if you will Live Forever,,, Live as if you will Die Today ! "

giiran your a moron if you going to even try and run from the cops your putting yourself at risk and everyone else a risk. while i still going to be riding my bike while your stuck behind bars.
    R.I.P. Lahela 10/12/1986-08/01/2008

Want to become a super hero? http://www.donoralliance.org/info-page-1

"I don't fail I just succeed at finding ways that don't work."
    Chris Titus

CSC Spelling Bee Champ 2008 and 2009

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic...A11_hTwoy84735

Here are a couple of pictures of the aftermath and they are graphic:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/gruesom...met2_small.jpg

http://www.snopes.com/photos/gruesom...met3_small.jpg

You guys blasting down the highways in traffic at 100+ and running from cops when you get caught endangering others need to think hard about what you're doing. There is a time and place for pushing your machine to the limit. On the track is. In traffic on I-25 is not. There is more to think about than just your own selfish desires. You have no right to endanger others on the highway. Come race with us and get it out of your system.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

I don't think any state or municipal traffic ticket dollars go to the feds. Unless there's some way to get a ticket from a fed...anybody been pulled over by the FBI?
    The Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia. That's a federal park and the park police have given $2,000 tickets to the local riders.

Carl

Long Distance Gear Checklist 2002 Hayabusa - Now with 100,000+ miles!

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter t_jolt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Giianee View Post
    Yes, but @ 120mph you're traveling at 175.2 feet per second. So lets give the cop a standard 3 second reaction time, another 3 seconds to holster the laser/radar gun, and assuming that it takes him another 20 seconds to merge with traffic and start to reach high speeds. So in that 26 seconds that we used as an example, you would be over 3/4 of a mile down the highway.(apprx 4,555feet) At that point I would say that the vast majority of people wouldn't even begin to notice the flashing lights comming up behind them. Let alone it would take them a couple seconds to put two and two together, that the cop is chasing you.
    Oh i understand that, but what im saying is that the cop; one is either going to catch up to you, or he is going to radio it in. ( No one can out run a radio) Now if lets just say the cop gets up to speed with you, and you dont slow down, then you see where im going with this. im not saying i have to be right by the cop when you do this. Im saying that if i can tell your running from the cop, you know the cop is chasing you, and im in front of you, i have no problem making it harder for you to get away.
    Maybe i just think that its crazy and stupid, to do triple digets with traffic. It doesnt take much at those speeds to lose it. You lose focus and well there are no corner workers to come running after you. We all have things we like to do to get that rush. Right, wrong, or indifferent. Doesnt matter. Just know to expect the unexpected. I feel those speeds are best suited elsewhere. and when it come to running from the cops, that a personal choice you make.

Tyrel
    Mitsujagvettecedes 1000RXTS GTR

Hand built by Jerry Garcia, Dan Gurney, Chuck Norris and Duntov's ghost. GT97 turbo,
    8WD, berilium pistons, titanium rods, unobtanium crank. Block forged from the dead souls of Mongol warriors. Depleted Uranium Dog box, Flubber tires, and stage 87 axles.

-1.07 @5.7c

Account Deactivated at users request

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic...A11_hTwoy84735

Here are a couple of pictures of the aftermath and they are graphic:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/gruesom...met2_small.jpg

http://www.snopes.com/photos/gruesom...met3_small.jpg

You guys blasting down the highways in traffic at 100+ and running from cops when you get caught endangering others need to think hard about what you're doing. There is a time and place for pushing your machine to the limit. On the track is. In traffic on I-25 is not. There is more to think about than just your own selfish desires. You have no right to endanger others on the highway. Come race with us and get it out of your system.

Dirk
    Need anyone say more?

If I see one in time, I'll slow down to avoid getting a ticket, but if I have enough time I'll get some miles between us as fast as possible.
    ...Best
    ...advise
    ...ever!

(please reread last statment with more sarcasm. )

I like going fast in the canyons as the next guy, but running is stupid. There are basically three endings if you run:
    1. You get away (and there's a checkered flag waiting for you at home)
    2. The cop catches you (or radios ahead) you wind up in jail and have a very expensive and bad day. (tickets, fines, repo etc)
    3. Due to the excessive speed you crash. Hospital/death and also making it really unsafe for everybody around you. Because you want to get out of a $150 ticket you t-bone a mini van with mom and kids hurting/killing them.

To me it's not worth it. A 1 out of 3 chance of having a good result is not justifyable. Why do 60+ in the canyon corners (cops/dirt/minivans) when you can do 90+ in the corners on the track, for less cash than a ticket? But what do I know, I like wearing gear and I went to Starbucks yesterday morning. I'm in it for the longevity of riding.

Quote Originally Posted by utsv650 View Post
    how else will obama pay for his budget?
    I suggest you do your research. Those monies don't go to the feds. Hell, I'd be surprised if ANY of it even goes back to the state. The majority of that money will stay in the county where you got the ticket.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F