Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April Bike of the month

Exclamation April Bike of the month

Happy April everybody.
    hope that we get many awesome pics of your bikes and our beautiful state again this month!.
    please note some minor changes in the time line below.

the posting Guidelines:

1. please submit only ONE current picture of your current bike preferably with a season appropriate background.
    2. the picture should have a scenic Colorado backdrop seeing the theme of this calendar is CSC bikes and Colorado. In other words don't submit your favorite pic of your bike in the garage or in front of your house. Along with your pic tell us a little about you and your bike to include yr/make, model mods if any, your name, age , occupation and most importantly where the pic was taken.
    3. It must be your current bike and you must be a active member of the CSC.
    4. There is no more limit as to how many peeps can submit pics per month for we've decided to select the 10 awesomest pics every month for the viewing public to vote on. Rest assured that there will be no favoratism of any kind going into this selection process. We're simply going to select the most calendar worthy submissions based on the posting criteria and our love for the sport and Colorado.
    5. you may submit your pic in subsequent months if your bike is not chosen. If you win the bike of the month poll you may submit up to 5 more detail pics of your machine. These may be action pics, detail up close and personal pics or pics with you and or a model on your bike. We may put these in thumbnail format on the bottom of the winning months pic once the calendar gets put together.

the voting Guidelines:

1. YOU MAY ONLY VOTE ONCE
    we'll keep the thread open for the first 7 days of the month for pic submissions. A poll will be inserted in either the thread or a seperate new voting thread.
    Remember~~ you can only vote once.
    2. voting will start no earlier than the 7th day of each month and will run until the 10th day at which time a winner will be announced.
    Please vote carefully and without bias to people and or their particular flavor of bike.
    I hope you all are looking forward to this as much as I am for the finished product ought to be something we CSCers can all be proud of and needless to say the month to month braging rights if you're the lucky one.

Have fun with this and best of luck to all that participate.

NOW BRING THE PICTURES!!!!

_
    Last edited by SaShWhO; Tue Apr 7th, 2009 at 08:49 AM.
    be nice till it's time to no longer be nice

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Re: April Bike of the month

Well, there was a flicker of love for the vintage beast last month so let's try this one:

Bike: 1985 Honda VF1000R, quite the technological marvel at the time with gear driven cams, slipper clutch, first street bike to use a radial tire, on-the-fly adjustable shock... No mods.

Picture location: Boulder

Dirk
    Last edited by dirkterrell; Mon Mar 30th, 2009 at 10:57 AM.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

AKA "Devaclis"

I am just gonna go ahead and ask.

Dirk, buddy, pal. Can I have that bike? Please?
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    I am just gonna go ahead and ask.

Dirk, buddy, pal. Can I have that bike? Please?
    I don't think I'll get rid of that bike until I am on my deathbed.

And don't get any ideas...

Dirk

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    I don't think I'll get rid of that bike until I am on my deathbed.

And don't get any ideas...

Dirk
    Have yourself cremated and put into the gas tank then bury the bike…
    That’s what I’m going to have done.

That being said here is my submittal…

1999 Honda CBR1100xx Blackbird
    White Ranch Park, Jefferson County, Colorado
    Last edited by Snowman; Mon Mar 30th, 2009 at 10:36 AM.

MRA Racer No.427

Asp125, GSX-R600K8, Independence Pass CO.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Sweet I got it to work!!! My name is Nate I am 22
    2003 Honda vtr1000 (Superhawk996)
    This was taken on my way to steamboat.
    Last edited by bs_nate; Mon Mar 30th, 2009 at 11:33 PM.

07 Yamaha R6 lookout mountain

2002 Yamaha R1
    Red Rocks
    Mike

Why tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death!

www.myspace.com/mikehoner
    http://www.pickeringsauto.com/index.htm
    I wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself

Y'all know this location. Another VFR. Picked up last month and I'm smitten...

That is a beautiful shot. Dirk, you've got some competition!

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sfarson View Post
    Yep, I would have to agree...some competition. Beautiful bike and great shot of that road.

G'luck guys.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Easily one of the best looking bikes I've ever seen.
    -Greg
    2013 BMW R1200GS

Shot was framed just perfectly. BTW is that kickstand support Genuine Honda?

Mmmmm... gear driven cams.... drooool
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by fullgrownbear View Post
    That is a beautiful shot. Dirk, you've got some competition!
    Yep, that is a beautifully executed picture.

Dirk

--Thomas Jefferson

This is how Da South Side does Tounge Piercing.

Oh wow guy's this month they are all great pic's guy's hard choice........... all of them are right on the money for Repso's theme!!!!!

Hmmm gotta give it to ya though Dirk that whole package their just gives me a super chill!!!! I think you got my vote this month.................and no not just cause you got's a big monitor!!!!!

However Sfarson that is one awesome pic their fine looking bike with the twisty's behind it showing what riding is all about!!!! Spectacular I think that would be awesome for a bike of the month in the summer!!!!!!
    Last edited by 636chick; Wed Apr 1st, 2009 at 01:03 PM.
    One time I got stopped for speeding on the Colordo Utah boarder
    and after a discussion with the Officer about Bannana's, pockets and glad tidings to all he let me off with a warning
    and a farewell of "I am always on this strech of highway and I will be watching for you."
    My response "I feel so much better knowing that you Officer Pennywise will be looking out for me."
    WAIT WHAT??!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brennahm View Post
    Shot was framed just perfectly. BTW is that kickstand support Genuine Honda?
    Not genuine Honda... saved a few $$$ by going aftermarket... Under-the-Tree Motorcycle Products.

Dirk... We connected once at Deckers when I brought an HP2 Sport to the store. Talked VFR's. Been casually on the lookout for one every since renting one overseas. Found a mint '01 with 12.8K on the clock owned by a middle aged gent who kept detailed service records. Have made a few mods since bringing it home in Feb. Was 35 degrees last week when pausing for the image on the way to Woodland Park, but the V-4 had me happily oblivious.

Not genuine Honda... saved a few $$$ by going aftermarket... Under-the-Tree Motorcycle Products.

Dirk... We connected once at Deckers when I brought an HP2 Sport to the store.
    Yep, I remember that! Congrats on scoring a cherry 5th gen.

Dirk

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by 636chick View Post
    Hmmm gotta give it to ya though Dirk that whole package their just gives me a super chill!!!! I think you got my vote this month.................and no not just cause you got's a big monitor!!!!!
    Thanks. The 1000R is much more than just a bike in the collection to me. I posted something on the VFR board a while back in response to a guy who was thinking about selling his (paid for) bike because of tough financial times and it describes what the 1000R means to me:

Larry, I won't presume to tell you what to do or pass judgement on you for asking for input. I'll just relate my story. I was a freshman in college on my own working two jobs to pay for school and have a little food to eat when the 500 Interceptor came out. I had been drooling over one of my bosses' original 1983 750 Interceptor for months. If I could have afforded the 750, I would have gotten it but the 500 was the one that I thought I could just barely pay for. My boss co-signed the loan for me with two conditions: 1) if I ever couldn't make the payments, the bike was his and 2) someday down the road, I'd be in a situation to help someone get their dream bike. I still vividly remember the guy at the dealer (Foothills Honda in Easley, SC) calling me up and saying "Dirk, the bank says come get this bike." As a physics student, I knew that faster than light travel was impossible but I came pretty damn close on the way there.

Working two jobs and going to school full time (in physics, not underwater basket weaving) was very tough. I had very little free time during the school year but what I had was spent riding that 500. It truly did keep me going, on through graduate school in astrophysics. There were times in grad school when money was very tight and I would skip meals for lack of money. I would sometimes look at the 500 and think that I could get a decent amount of money for her. But I just couldn't bring myself to do it. It might have helped me pay a few bills on time or eat a little better, but selling it would have eliminated my greatest release from the stress of school and trying to keep everything together. I am sure selling it would have been a disaster for me. I told myself that one day all of this hard work would pay off and it did.

A year after I bought the 500, the VF1000R arrived in the States. God, I wanted that bike so bad but there was no way I could have possibly afforded it. I told myself that I would continue to work hard and one day I would have one. I finally bought a pristine example of one a few years ago and when I got it home and put it in the garage, I just stared at it. I am not ashamed to say that I was in tears. It was the culmination of years of hard work and sacrifice, and a very emotional moment. Yes, it was just an old bike to everyone around me. But to me, it was much, much more than a machine. It was a symbol of what I had gone through to get it. It was a reminder to me of the very positive impact that motorcycling and the motorcycling community had had on me. Riding means a lot more to me than just being out there riding. Maybe it's the same for you.
    Dirk

--Thomas Jefferson

I think for her it’s more about the big monitor than your bike.

MRA Racer No.427

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    I think for her it’s more about the big monitor than your bike.

Waiting for a pic of your monitor.......you know I can be bought just ask Rybo
    and after a discussion with the Officer about Bannana's, pockets and glad tidings to all he let me off with a warning
    and a farewell of "I am always on this strech of highway and I will be watching for you."
    My response "I feel so much better knowing that you Officer Pennywise will be looking out for me."
    WAIT WHAT??!!!!!

Last edited by Snowman; Thu Apr 2nd, 2009 at 02:47 PM.

MRA Racer No.427

Well well well your bike is looking mighty good to me now........................Do you have proper protection for that thing I hope?????
    WAIT WHAT??!!!!!