Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Northern Change of Pace

Re: A Northern Change of Pace

Quote Originally Posted by 64BonnieLass View Post
    Great Pics Cath. I'm sooo glad you had a great trip. That's just awesome. Seattle and surrounding areas are beautiful when the sun is shining.

I would like to ride the bike from Seattle to Vancouver. I have done it by car a few times, and the scenery is absolutely breathtaking. Hitting Vancouver made my heart melt a little. The sea-to-ski view left me speachless.

Salsa's route looks like a great time.

Welcome home and thank you for sharing. Hugs.
    LOL when the sun is shining... like for the month of August? Otherwise it's gray and misty.. that's why everyone has gear (gortex).

Have you ever done Chuckanut Drive, between Mt Vernon and Bellingham?

Sea-to-ski (hwy99) to Whistler sucks now, they took out all the twisty bits and made it a four lane sweeper highway for the 2010 Olympics.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter 64BonnieLass's Avatar

Yes, yes, Chuckanut Drive. I couldn't remember the name. And there is/was that awesome restaurant that stood alone nestled in the trees and eat seafood for hours. Course maybe there are a few of those now on that route. Mmmmm.....

It's been 4 years since I drove it.

Man, it would still be a great ride...on a sunny day.

I even named one my black lab's Whistler, after seeing that. Too bad the road has changed now though.
    "Keep that "what if" thought in the back of your mind; it's the angel on your shoulder balancing the devil in your right hand."

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."

2005 SV650S Street

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsTonic View Post
    It's beautiful up there...great pics. I've always wanted to go see Washington.
    It sure is. If you can do it, then you should go...like I said, if only to be a tourist just for a bit.

Although I missed my bike every time I saw one on the road, I was still happy just to be there and actually experience the sites, smells and sounds (the ocean breeze is a nice change of pace).
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways