Thread: Why do some cops not pull you over?

Why do some cops not pull you over?

So i have had numerous encounters where i was speeding down a country back road and or highway and the cops will just flip their lights on and not pull me over. I have seen it with friends and have had experience with it. And then again i have heard about friends that were pulled over for speeding. So tell me your thoughts on the matter.

Re: Why do some cops not pull you over?

The ones that DON'T pull you over are being VERY nice! And are just saying "slow it down dummy!"
    Eric
    CSBA#477
    00 Triumph Sprint RS
    www.cocsba.com

I've had this happen to me but I was in my car speeding when I shouldn't have been. Usually, like 'BigE' put it, they're being extremely nice and just giving you a visual warning.
    2003 Honda CBR600RR

^^^I agree. Their job is to keep roads safe and if they can simply remind you to slow down without the danger of pulling over on a busy highway, that's an easy way to do it....
    "Leze Le Bon Temps Roulet"
    Let The Good Times Roll!!

Quote Originally Posted by RajunCajun View Post
    ^^^I agree. Their job is to keep roads safe and if they can simply remind you to slow down without the danger of pulling over on a busy highway, that's an easy way to do it....
    Exactly. I actually wish more police officers did this, granted there are certain situations in which it would be more logical to pull someone over, i.e. 100+mph, but if it's for something such as 5-10mph over it would definately help with traffic and people 'rubber-necking' just to check it out which is a big contributer to traffic and accidents.

Just my .02 cents
    2003 Honda CBR600RR

Well when i say speeding it was definitely speeding over the speed limit. i was passing a car so i rolled on the throttle. Don't even know how fast i was going at that point. then i had to slam my brakes on. So i don't think we're talking a little over the speed limit.

Quote Originally Posted by R6biker122 View Post
    Well when i say speeding it was definitely speeding over the speed limit. i was passing a car so i rolled on the throttle. Don't even know how fast i was going at that point. then i had to slam my brakes on. So i don't think we're talking a little over the speed limit.
    Haha, well regardless, I think more police officers should do this. You are one lucky S.O.B.!
    2003 Honda CBR600RR

Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    The ones that DON'T pull you over are being VERY nice! And are just saying "slow it down dummy!"
    My thoughts exactly, if they just light em up and don't pull out to chase. They are saying in so many words, "hey I'm being cool and letting you know to just slow it down".
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Ah geez, if only...

Bat (recipient of yet another speeding ticket last Saturday)
    I have a problem...only two points left to last me until November. I don't know how the hell I'm gonna make it.

Some people do drugs, some people drink, I have a speeding problem.
    Damn this lead foot and lead hand.
    ...you're one of them, aren't you? No, I'm something else...

It's a trick. Get an axe.
    ~~~ ~~~

"I say let the sky continue to fall on those that expect nothing else, and let the sky continue to be limitless, for those of us who will settle for nothing less." Barn in a sublime moment (well-done!)

On most of the mountain roads they flip the lights because:

- You are away from heavy traffic and residential areas, if you crash it's only you they have to scrape off the side of some mountain. They are cutting you a break.
    - There's no room or time for them to safely do a U-turn and give chase, but don't let that fool you. Chances are they've probably radioed ahead.
    - If it's a large group of bikes by the time the last rider passes, those at the front are long gone.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

If youre on a open road way above the limit, is there really a reason for a cop to chase? just askin...
    The cheapest mod that you can make to increase HP on two wheels is to remove the weight from the equation. In other words, put the spoon down once in a while and loose some fat off ur a*s ..lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspeed View Post
    If youre on a open road way above the limit, is there really a reason for a cop to chase? just askin...
    Naaaaa, it just looks like you're speeding since there is nobody around.
    2003 Honda CBR600RR

I have seen it several times. As stated, it is the "he dummy, slow down and this is your visual warning."

Aaron
    '08 Suzuki GSXR600

The question can not have an answer.

CSC co-founder

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    The question can not have an answer.
    That is the Answer isn't it????
    PHX, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrich_R1 View Post
    That is the Answer isn't it????
    It is an opinion, which is all anyone can give.

Chalk it up to luck.

A friend on an RC-51 was doing 100+ near Deckers. The cop who pulled him over was near the end of his shift and let my friend off with a 19 over ticket (54 in a 35). The cop didn't want to spend the time to arrest him and impound his bike. Just pure luck (the good kind).

A friend and I were pulled over for passing on the double yellow. The guy we passed was doing 10 in a 40 zone. He had a pickup loaded with firewood plus a trailer loaded with firewood. We passed where you could easily see for half a mile. The cops (yes 2 of them) that pulled us over had been bored all day. They originally were going to impound my friends bike (a tow truck was on the way) and arrest him. After 2 hours of sitting on the side of the road listening to their bullshit (I truly believe they were trying to entice one of us to take a punch), they finally lets us go with careless driving tickets. Again, just luck, the bad kind.

Too many motorcyclists have done too many stupid things over the years. If you ride and break any law, expect the maximum penalties. If you get passed over for a ticket, count yourself lucky.

Luck pretty much covers it.
    Some of us have good luck, some of us just don't learn!
    ...you're one of them, aren't you? No, I'm something else...

It's a trick. Get an axe.
    ~~~ ~~~

"I say let the sky continue to fall on those that expect nothing else, and let the sky continue to be limitless, for those of us who will settle for nothing less." Barn in a sublime moment (well-done!)