Thread: NoCo n00b ride!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

NoCo n00b ride!!!

Ok, so I'm borrowing Brian's (McVaaaagh's) words for this thread to keep things straight. So here goes...

It's time for the annual noob ride.

For those that don't know, there's a couple of reasons we put this ride on every year:

1) Introduce new members of the club to old members of the club.
    2) Introduce anybody to group riding
    3) Give people that are new to riding the opportunity to ride at their own level and not feel pressured to "keep up". At the same time these newer riders will hopefully learn a little something from the more experienced riders.

Anybody is welcome to join in on this ride, but I'm going to say this several times between now and then. THIS IS A SLOW-PACED RIDE. If you simply can't handle going at or below the speed limit this ride is NOT for you. There will not be slow/medium/fast groups on this ride. All groups will be at a slow pace. Remember the purpose of the ride.

Gear is required! At the minimum you need helmet, jacket and gloves. If you show up with your helmet strapped to the tail of your bike I'm going to ask you to skip this ride.

Details:

Sunday May 17
    Time: Pre-ride at 9:45, leaving at 10:00
    You need to be ready to go before 9:45. That means gassed up and ready to roll. First group will roll out at 10:00am and no we're not waiting for you because you're nursing a hangover or got up late or forgot gas or whatever.

Start: South Loveland King Soopers parking lot on the Starbucks side (southside) -- there's a gas station in this parking lot as well
    1275 Eagle Dr
    Route: Will be shared at time of ride
    End: Blackhawk, or Central City, which ever is closer...
    Note: You may go on to Gibby's in Aurora from that point to meet other CSC'ers for MotoGP if you wish...http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...ad.php?t=29966

Please post up if you plan on attending.

We'll need several leaders and sweepers as we tend to get quite a few bikes involved in this ride, even on the North side, and need to split into groups of about 8. If you can lead or sweep please post up and PM me.

I look forward to seeing you all at this!
    Last edited by mtnairlover; Sat May 9th, 2009 at 07:27 AM.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways