Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I like you?

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Shea's Avatar

I like you?

These sorts of articles always make me laugh.

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/sex/h...esnt-he-446147

Wait, wait... So if I like you, I'll pay attention to you, call you and wrap my arm around you? NO SHIT!!!!!!

Given the level of clueless-ness women have about men (and vice versa) I'm surprised we actually can propagate the species half the time. So I guess it's no surprise we get articles like this.
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    THERE IS NO TIME FOR RATIONAL SOLUTIONS!
    WE HAVE TO TAKE DRASTIC IRRATIONAL MEASURES NOW!
    LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Cool Re: I like you?

Quote Originally Posted by Shea View Post
    Given the level of clueless-ness women have about men (and vice versa) I'm surprised we actually can propagate the species half the time.
    Beer helps shore up the gaps...

**Insert Clever Statement Here**

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Re: I like you?

Ha...yeah.

When you get shut down one time too many, you just don't feel like trying any more.

It's easier being someone's friend, but take that bold step and move beyond that? Um....I'll leave that up to the guy.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post
    Ha...yeah.

When you get shut down one time too many, you just don't feel like trying any more.

It's easier being someone's friend, but take that bold step and move beyond that? Um....I'll leave that up to the guy.
    Yeah I can relate Cathy, but nothing ventured nothing gained. If you have feelings, stand in your power and and voice them. What's worse, the possibility of losing a friend or living with the knowledge of what "could have been". Fortune favors the bold

Guys (for the most part) are direct, linear thinkers. It's why we don't understand you women and you drive us batshit crazy because of it. Women fail to realize (and yes, it goes both ways) that we literally think differently then you. We value direct communication.

In psychology it is referred to as report (men) versus rapport (women) talk.
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Which is why girls suck.
    -Greg
    2013 BMW R1200GS

Well hmmmmm

Maybe I should have been paying attention to actions and not words in the past. LOL Sometimes men r just not that easy to read. LOL

Why did I just read this?
    Is this the Cosmopolitan magazine, thread of the day?

AKA "Devaclis"

This should be in "guys only" so that the girls would have to squirm because they can't answer.

Anyway, I used to be VERY shy, quiet, reserved, and had no confidence. All that got me was my Sweetie Pie. She made me what I am today, blame her.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Yeah I can relate Cathy, but nothing ventured nothing gained. If you have feelings, stand in your power and and voice them. What's worse, the possibility of losing a friend or living with the knowledge of what "could have been". Fortune favors the bold
    Easier said than done. Why can't he just say something? And if he doesn't after all this time, then maybe he just doesn't feel the same...so, again...

Guys (for the most part) are direct, linear thinkers. It's why we don't understand you women and you drive us batshit crazy because of it. Women fail to realize (and yes, it goes both ways) that we literally think differently then you. We value direct communication.
    After being on this planet for the time I have been here and spending a good portion of it being around men of all ages (mostly geeks), I can say that I probably get men better than they think I do.

Oh and here's a very big one...I also value direct communication...can't stand catty behavior and can't stand innuendo where my heart plays a big part. Now, if I'm already involved...well then, innuendo is quite fun indeed.

In psychology it is referred to as report (men) versus rapport (women) talk.
    Guess I'll have to be one of those who breaks from the norm.

Some women value directness and also value a very good rapport. And I know there are guys out there who feel the same.

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

My experience has been that men value "report" from men, but not from women.
    When women are direct it gets them called "combative" or a "smartass."
    Hummm.....having grown up with five brothers...it's all I know.

Easier said than done. Why can't he just say something? And if he doesn't after all this time, then maybe he just doesn't feel the same...so, again...
    Of course, if it was easy everyone would do it We have a society where we are conditioned to care about what others think of us. If we look bad in another's eyes we freak out and take it personally. When the real truth is that their affect is beyond our control and we have to honor our feelings and thoughts regardless.

After being on this planet for the time I have been here and spending a good portion of it being around men of all ages (mostly geeks), I can say that I probably get men better than they think I do.
    Everything is on a continuum. Some who pay attention and have the capacity, understand the opposite sex to a certain degree. I think you and I would be in that camp. Many just don't care or don't really get it.
    Oh and here's a very big one...I also value direct communication...can't stand catty behavior and can't stand innuendo where my heart plays a big part. Now, if I'm already involved...well then, innuendo is quite fun indeed.

Guess I'll have to be one of those who breaks from the norm.

Some women value directness and also value a very good rapport. And I know there are guys out there who feel the same.
    Relationships and the dynamics involved are always interesting. Couples therapy is an area that I might explore in my continuing education. Being direct and having that rapport is important, to be sure, but I would opine that most men and women are too wrapped up in their own crap to fully understand why they do what they do.

I wish you the best of luck Cathy. Going out on that emotional limb is NEVER fun, but just know that you deserve the absolute best and if he doesn't bite, all he is doing is moving out of the way for the guy who is.
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

did you know they made a whole movie about this. "He Is Just Not That Into You" and its a pretty good movie.
    R.I.P. Lahela 10/12/1986-08/01/2008

Want to become a super hero? http://www.donoralliance.org/info-page-1

"I don't fail I just succeed at finding ways that don't work."
    Chris Titus

CSC Spelling Bee Champ 2008 and 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Tipys View Post
    did you know they made a whole movie about this. "He Is Just Not That Into You" and its a pretty good movie.
    LOL...um yeah...been there, done that. Actually, it was 3 years ago when a guy I was dating decided to buy me that book as a gift in order to break up with me. I got the last laugh though, cuz I knew what was on his mind before he could present me with the gift. And so, I asked him if he wanted to end the relationship. He was definitely shocked, cuz he thought I didn't get it. Like I said, I understand men...for the most part.

What I want to know is that if men are supposed to be the direct ones, then why hasn't he said anything? Again...cuz he's not that in to me. So, I can like as many guys as I want, but nothing's gonna happen until HE says something.

And I'm kinda speakin for all women on this one...sorta.

I do know there's also a certain amount of women out there who are bold enough on the relationship front to make the first move.

.... "I like you, you're my new best friend today, & I have cookies"
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

AKA "Devaclis"

games. too many peeps playing games.

You like someone, you tell them.

You wanna date/sleepwith/go to a movie/never see a person again, you tell them.

People are so afraid of rejection that they make it their life's work to avoid it.

If you don't say what you want, when you want you are going to miss out.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

also me being a guy i like being up front about everything and because of this i have been abused. also i hate fake people weither they are a guy or girl. in saying that be yourself fuck what others may think i have some of the best friends in the world for being me. havnt found that one girl yet but im still young.
    R.I.P. Lahela 10/12/1986-08/01/2008

Want to become a super hero? http://www.donoralliance.org/info-page-1

"I don't fail I just succeed at finding ways that don't work."
    Chris Titus

CSC Spelling Bee Champ 2008 and 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post

People are so afraid of rejection that they make it their life's work to avoid it.

That whole, "This is what I want" thing is pretty liberating isn't it Dana?
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Quote Originally Posted by Tipys View Post

Yeah I heard that movie was pretty bad. So I didn't see it. LOL

And I'm kinda speakin for all women on this one...sorta.

I do know there's also a certain amount of women out there who are bold enough on the relationship front to make the first move.

I may be bold when it comes to yeah lets have sex but the whole relationship thing to me is freaking annoyingly confusing. I don't know any woman who is bold enough to start out doing the relationship conversation. Besides how do u decide (or know) when the actual relationship starts and when u r no longer just enjoying eachother? Cause I have found that that point is usually hit for 1 person and not the other first and unless someone says something u screw it up to begin with.

I love how people always say that is what they want or do and very rarely actually is what they want or do.

AKA "Devaclis"

hahah I don't have that problem. ^^

I don't have that problem either....FINALLY!.

Leah
    05 Raven R1
    01 YZ250F

^^^^ Congrats Leah! Maybe I just need to wait a few more years and I won't have the problem anymore either.

I'm curious if you women who replied are representative of the bigger population? Or is it because most women who ride their own bikes are pretty confident to start off with and don't have problems being bold?
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

be nice till it's time to no longer be nice

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

I don't mind on missing out
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV