Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Death Star vs. Enterprise

Re: Death Star vs. Enterprise

I am going to geek out here for a second too. Let me first start by saying that I think trying to figure out who would win in an Enterprise V Death star is like trying to figure out who would win between a spider and my shoe. The enterprise is WAY out classed pure and simple you have one Sovereign class (or whichever Enterprise you are using) against a battle station the size of a small moon. Even trying to compare the Enterprise vs a smaller ship say the Republic's Acclamator Class. I do however think that the Enterprise would have the technological advantage in any fight vs a star wars ship.

As far as the Borg cube goes remember that Star fleet was only able to destroy the cube because Picard could hear the borg and knew the week spot of the ship. Without him the Federation would have had a much harder time taking the ship out. I think the borg's attack plan would have been something along the lines of bombard the Death Star's shield generator when it was in orbit around the moon until the shields dropped then beam aboard and start the assimilation.

Now back to reality.

On another related note I liked the movie.
    Someday someone my kill you with your gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because its empty.

A woman is like a motorcycle, both scream and get hot if ridden hard enough.

Yes...sonny boy....but I need a resupply....can you help me?

Enterprise TOS SOP: Beam a kilo of antimatter into the center of the Death Star....that'll put a hitch in their gitalong....
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGuys View Post
    Enterprise TOS SOP: Beam a kilo of antimatter into the center of the Death Star....that'll put a hitch in their gitalong....
    "your force is no match for my technology."
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

"I see your schwartz is as big as mine, Lonestar."
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by Bebop View Post
    I am going to geek out here for a second too.

As far as the Borg cube goes remember that Star fleet was only able to destroy the cube because Picard could hear the borg and knew the week spot of the ship. Without him the Federation would have had a much harder time taking the ship out. I think the borg's attack plan would have been something along the lines of bombard the Death Star's shield generator when it was in orbit around the moon until the shields dropped then beam aboard and start the assimilation.

Now back to reality.

On another related note I liked the movie.
    Geek mode engaged…

Good point about Picard having the advantage of knowing where to strike the Borg cube.

However, given that both Death Stars had members aboard that were very familiar with the Force (ie. the Emperor and Darth Vader) we can make the assumption that using their knowledge of the force would have a similar advantage in the destruction of the Borg cube.

I believe the minds of the drowns would be very susceptible to Jedi mind tricks. You would only have to confuse a small number to buy enough time to point and shoot.

The Enterprise would be unable to do so because of the shielding that was present around both classes of Death Star. A fact noted in both A New Hope and Return of the Jedi.

Returning to normal insanity mode…
    Last edited by Snowman; Mon May 11th, 2009 at 03:14 PM.

MRA Racer No.427

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Geek mode engaged…

Good point about Picard having the advantage of knowing where to strike the Borg cube.

However, given that both Death Stars had members aboard that were very familiar with the Force (ie. the Emperor and Darth Vader) we can make the assumption that using their knowledge of the force would have a similar advantage in the destruction of the Borg cube.

I believe the minds of the drowns would be very susceptible to Jedi mind tricks. You would only have to confuse a small number to by enough time to point and shoot.

The Enterprise would be unable to do so because of the shielding that was present around both classes of Death Star. A fact noted in both A New Hope and Return of the Jedi.

OMG........

Geek mode engaged…

Hmmm....but the rebels were able to fly into the center of the 2nd Death Star without much trouble (other than some harrassment from a few TIE fighters), so the hypothesis is that their shielding would block the transporter beam, because it is energy, not matter?
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Hmmm....but the rebels were able to fly into the center of the 2nd Death Star without much trouble (other than some harrassment from a few TIE fighters), so the hypothesis is that their shielding would block the transporter beam, because it is energy, not matter?
    The only reason that they could fly into the center was because of the small rebel force on the forest moon of Endor... you know... the muppets! They disabled the shields from the surface.
    Last edited by salsashark; Mon May 11th, 2009 at 02:57 PM.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Geek mode engaged… Again.

The Death Star Class 1 in the movie A New Hope the small rebel fighters where able to pass through the magnetic field of the station by doubling up their forward shields. So yes this class would have been susceptible to such a ploy.

However, the Death Star Class 2 shielding was impenetrable by smaller craft. As you recall, all approaching craft were required to give a security code that had to be verified before the shield was lowered, also once the rebels determined the shield generator had not been destroyed all craft were ordered to pull up meaning they would have been destroyed once they came in contact with it.

We can also make and assumption that this more advance shielding would have been part of the completed design of the Class 2 Death Star. So transporting anything would not have worked as long as the shielding was maintained. Also one more note, the Class 2 Death Star was able to fire its main weapon through its own shield.

MRA Racer No.427

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    The only reason that they could fly into the center was because of the small rebel force on the forest moon of Endor... you know... the muppets! They disabled the shields from the surface.
    ....at which point, they could beam a kilo of antimatter into the Emperor's desk, and
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

So fire a couple of photon torpedo's onto the shield generator or send an away team lead by Ensign Ricky, shields go down like a $2 whore, beaming of antimater...(cue Jim)
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    So fire a couple of photon torpedo's onto the shield generator or send an away team lead by Ensign Ricky, shields go down like a $2 whore, beaming of antimater...(cue Jim)
    Do you honestly think a couple of weak ass photon torpedoes could do that job?

MRA Racer No.427

Do you honestly think a couple of weak ass photon torpedoes could do that job?
    probby a little better than a few teddy bears with slingshots
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

probby a little better than a few teddy bears with slingshots
    That’s like saying you want to knock over Fort Knox with your home boys, when termites would be much more effective.
    Last edited by Snowman; Mon May 11th, 2009 at 03:27 PM.

MRA Racer No.427

That’s like saying you want to knock over Fort Knox with your home boys, knowing that termites would do the job much faster.
    Randall, have you ever seen my home boys?
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Nothing says you can't use a probe with antimatter to do in the shield generator too....hell a pound of the stuff stripped away half the atmosphere on the planet with the vampire cloud thing on it...
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Shea's Avatar

Geek mode engaged… Again.

The Death Star Class 1 in the movie A New Hope the small rebel fighters where able to pass through the magnetic field of the station by doubling up their forward shields. So yes this class would have been susceptible to such a ploy.

However, the Death Star Class 2 shielding was impenetrable by smaller craft. As you recall, all approaching craft were required to give a security code that had to be verified before the shield was lowered, also once the rebels determined the shield generator had not been destroyed all craft were ordered to pull up meaning they would have been destroyed once they came in contact with it.

We can also make and assumption that this more advance shielding would have been part of the completed design of the Class 2 Death Star. So transporting anything would not have worked as long as the shielding was maintained. Also one more note, the Class 2 Death Star was able to fire its main weapon through its own shield.

And yet a YT-1300, several A-Wings, X-Wings and a few B-Wings were able to fly into the DS2 and gut it. I'd say it's time to start waterboarding some piss-poor Geonosian engineers for a crappy design.
    Last edited by Shea; Mon May 11th, 2009 at 03:42 PM.
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

THERE IS NO TIME FOR RATIONAL SOLUTIONS!
    WE HAVE TO TAKE DRASTIC IRRATIONAL MEASURES NOW!
    LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Photon torpedo's what is this the 2267's. They could use Quantum torpedo's
    Someday someone my kill you with your gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because its empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Shea View Post
    And yet a YT-1300, several A-Wings, X-Wings and a few B-Wings were able to fly into the DS2 and gut it. I'd say it's time to start waterboarding some piss-poor Geonosian engineers for a crappy design.
    Into an uncompleted design and only after the shield was destroyed on the ground. A full completed Class 2 Death Star I would doubt have these issues.

MRA Racer No.427

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Shea's Avatar

Into an uncompleted design and only after the shield was destroyed on the ground. A full completed Class 2 Death Star I would doubt have these issues.
    The Emperor stated that the station was fully operational, yet once the shield generators on the surface were down, it ceased to have that protection...
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

THERE IS NO TIME FOR RATIONAL SOLUTIONS!
    WE HAVE TO TAKE DRASTIC IRRATIONAL MEASURES NOW!
    LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Geek mode engaged…

I believe the minds of the drowns would be very susceptible to Jedi mind tricks. You would only have to confuse a small number to buy enough time to point and shoot.
    Interesting thought. However I think the question remains that does the Jedi mind tricks work on half organic half machine life forms or would the nanites keep the mind tricks from working?

Another question with star trek is that it was thought that the borg was a collective with no single entity being the ruler however this theory was proven wrong in first contact with the borg queen. However she has died (and when she did so did all the borg on the ship) so wouldn't reason state that the borg are no more.

Quote Originally Posted by Shea View Post
    The Emperor stated that the station was fully operational, yet once the shield generators on the surface were down, it ceased to have that protection...
    Did you actually watch the movie or only listen to the soundtrack?

He was obviously referring to the weapons systems. The thing had months if not years of work before it was fully operational. I would bout it could leave orbit, much less survive light speed.

MRA Racer No.427

Quote Originally Posted by Bebop View Post
    Interesting thought. However I think the question remains that does the Jedi mind tricks work on half organic half machine life forms or would the nanites keep the mind tricks from working?

Another question with star trek is that it was thought that the borg was a collective with no single entity being the ruler however this theory was proven wrong in first contact with the borg queen. However she has died (and when she did so did all the borg on the ship) so wouldn't reason state that the borg are no more.
    The definition is that Jedi mind tricks only work on the weak minded. Collectively the Borg are not weak minded. Individual Borg however would have to be weak minded in order to conform to the will of the collective. Why else would a Borg walk into certain death without flinching?

(And yes they really screwed up the whole idea of the Borg when they put in the queen idea.)

The mechanical parts would of a Borg would fall under how Jedi where dealing with things like droids. They would be ale to push them around in ways to deactivate them.

MRA Racer No.427