Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gilpin County Sheriff, Gixxer??

Re: Gilpin County Sheriff, Gixxer??

Quote Originally Posted by CaptGoodvibes View Post
    My HD kicks its own fucking ass. As do my Red Wing boots. FWIW no one ever trash talks HD to my face... why is that?
    Fixed but nice play with the boots case the hockey team really does suck. I havnt talked shit about HD to your face because I have never met you.
    R.I.P. Lahela 10/12/1986-08/01/2008

Want to become a super hero? http://www.donoralliance.org/info-page-1

"I don't fail I just succeed at finding ways that don't work."
    Chris Titus

CSC Spelling Bee Champ 2008 and 2009

I dont know. My HD kicks ass too. For its intended purpose which aint the same as the sportbike (although I ride that equally slow too...).

But then again this is CSC and not CHDC....

Oh wait, I am also the heretic that waves to all bikers regardless of what I am on or they are on. Except scooters.

John

Quote Originally Posted by BeoBe View Post
    Most police dept that have bike cops are contracted with harley davidson so you would prolly crap yourself if you ever found how how much these dept are actually paying for these bikes... i will tell you its nowhere even near 14k nor 10k.. The Harley davidson company likes having the look of cops riding their bikes rather then the bad image they get from the biker gangs etc.. so its more of a reward for HD then the PD. If you can get your local chief etc to tell you what they paid per HD.. i think you might even be pissed off lol..

so yea, that is why they were riding HD, as for Honda,some departments might be going to some Honda but im sure they aren't getting the prices they are with harley

Most departments are on a lease program w/HD.... $1 a year, with a $1 buyout at the end of 5 years. They also get an allowance on parts.

Not sure where the numbers in the article come from.....
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

yup... its a good deal for the fact that they replace them every so many years...
    "If you love something, let it go... If it comes back to you, you've just high sided!"

'01 GSXR 750~Scorpion Exhaust~Carbon rear wheel cover, chain guard, intake, mirrors and signals~Targa Windscreen

A bike I built back in the early 90s:
    Attachment 12490
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

My HD kicks fucking ass. As do my Red Wing boots. FWIW no one ever trash talks HD to my face... why is that?
    That's because HD riders are wildhogs!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnEffinK View Post
    Oh wait, I am also the heretic that waves to all bikers regardless of what I am on or they are on. Except scooters.

John
    Haha, I wave even at the people on scooters and get an occasional wave back.

We dont have to bash HD, harley has been given its bad name by most of its owners... no that was not directed towards you so dont go all ape shit..

2 bad things about harleys, the old ones had saddle bags to keep the tools and the extra gallon of oil. The new bikes, im not spending 35k on a fricken bike..

A joke i made up awhile back. You know why harley invented the harley edition pickup? So that harley riders could keep their new harley in the back to avoid the repo man cause they cant afford the bike.
    "If you love something, let it go... If it comes back to you, you've just high sided!"

'01 GSXR 750~Scorpion Exhaust~Carbon rear wheel cover, chain guard, intake, mirrors and signals~Targa Windscreen

Quote Originally Posted by Slo1299 View Post
    That's because HD riders are wildhogs!!!!
    Hahaha! I just wanna ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Slo1299 View Post
    Haha, I wave even at the people on scooters and get an occasional wave back.
    the guys on scooters are like kids on their bicycles.. they look up to you cause you have what they want lol... they are like mini me's

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

My HD kicks fucking ass. As do my Red Wing boots. FWIW no one ever trash talks HD to my face... why is that?

My HD kicks fucking ass too. It is custom and has a WD (Western Digital) logo on the side.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    When was the last time people actually listened to the media?
    Swine flu scare

Quote Originally Posted by Tipys View Post

And yes this has to be made into a HD bashing thread because HD suck more then the Red Wings
    My Harley will just plain kick your ignorant ass

FWIW no one ever trash talks HD to my face... why is that?
    Umm ... perhaps you could use a Tic-Tac?
    2005 Yamaha YZF-R6 (SOLD)
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    Stupidity should be painful.

They've been trained by Keith Code...

Suzuki Hayabusa Police Interceptor

by Paul Crowe - "The Kneeslider" on 5/25/2006
    in Alternative thinking, Motorcycle Safety

If you’re passing through Oklahoma and you think you can just speed through the state without any chance of getting run down from behind, think again. The Oklahoma Highway Patrol has a little surprise for you, a Suzuki Hayabusa Police Interceptor, all nice and shiny and black and radar equipped. The OHP is set to get special training at the California [COLOR=#ee0000! important][COLOR=#ee0000! important]Superbike[/color][/color] School. Better slow ‘er down boys.
    Source: Cycle World

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    My Harley will just plain kick your ignorant ass

So I am ignorant because I don't like something? Interesting.

Chris Titus

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Vess View Post
    Umm ... perhaps you could use a Tic-Tac?
    That may be true. Or most people only talk shit online where it's safely anonymous. I, for one, like all bikes and appreciate all riders no matter their choice. See, I'm happy that people ride. But then again, I've been out of High School for most of my life so I'm not in a my-click vs. their-click mentality. Isn't it sad that the small percentage of motorcyclists on the road vs. cars is not aligned with each other? Really.

So I am ignorant because I don't like something? Interesting.
    I'd suggest it's because you hate something... not that you don't like something. It's a big difference. Do you hate people that like beef because you prefer chicken?

Say what you want about HD mechanically or stylistically, but their marketing department has been gold for the past 20 years.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

I'd suggest it's because you hate something... not that you don't like something. It's a big difference. Do you hate people that like beef because you prefer chicken?

See I never said I hated the person that rides them or prefers them. I think they are just an over priced motorcycle that most people buy because of the name on the side. See I let people like what they like as long as they don't try to push it on me.

I also think are views of hate and don't like are different because I see don't like and hate in the same view.

Chris Titus

See I never said I hated the person that rides them or prefers them. I think they are just an over priced motorcycle that most people buy because of the name on the side. See I let people like what they like as long as they don't try to push it on me.

I also think are views of hate and don't like are different because I see don't like and hate in the same view.
    Like most brands, there are many different models in varying price points. My bike was a little over $12k. When I factor in the absolute quality of the parts, fit and finish, and longevity, I am actually saving money by buying H-D as opposed to another cruiser. It's easy as hell to maintain and modify. Parts and accessories are more available than any other brand. As for sportbikes, I never hear someone complaining about price for $40k Duc's or $100k MV's. Someone brought up the cost of maintenance. How much is the first service on a Duc?

I'm really just talking about marquee brands here and not at all comparing performance.

Ultimately, the argument against Harley is either concerning cost, quality, performance, or the owners. Sure, I can't lean as far on a Harley. Isn't a reason to hate a brand IMO. Sure some of the owners don't wear ATGATT, same as sportbikes. Is that a reason to dislike either? Does one bad apple make the entire bushel spoiled?

If the argument is against all cruisers, does that mean the person making the claim that I should have bought a better performing bike drives a Ferrari or Corvette and they would never be caught dead in a Caddy or Lincoln? FWIW, I consider my bike to be in a class of "pony-bike" and I'm completely satisfied with the performance until I scrape hard parts and then I slightly regret choosing a cruiser.

Why do I care what is posted here on CSC regarding H-D? Because I can't afford both but I feel more akin to race bikes and the ability to ride fast. I'd prefer to feel welcome here regardless of the bike I ride as is spelled out clearly in the club rules but I never really do...

Oh well... no worries...

Enjoy the ride.

I'd prefer to feel welcome here regardless of the bike I ride as is spelled out clearly in the club rules but I never really do...

Oh well... no worries...

Enjoy the ride.
    You make some great points...

I agree with most.

But you overlooked the fact you're posting on a forum named "Colorado Sportbike Club"

Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

And yes this has to be made into a HD bashing thread because HD suck more then the Red Wings
    Ultimately this has to do with bashing HDs although when called out you retreated.

Yes this is CSportbikeClub and not CHarleyDavidsonClub. But what it comes down to is riding. So what if YOU believe the HD is overpriced and undervalued.

I have not seen you bashing Bashed, Ploater, or Devaclis for riding a dirt mobile. Same thing.............aint a sportbike.

Each bike serves it's purpose. Whatever you deem it to be.

Be consistant. Enjoy the ride.

John

The underlying fact is that this is the CSC forum, so opinions will be biased. But take the time to get to know the riders, and you will find quite a few have cruisers in their garages as well, perhaps even HD. This is the interwebz therefore anything posted should be taken with a grain of salt, cause we'll smack talk your Honduh, or Gixxer too.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...