Thread: A Mother's Joy

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

A Mother's Joy

Welp, two down, one more to go...

I think I'm in a sort of time warp, ya know. Being pregnant isn't a memory, it was like yesterday...and now, my second child is graduating high school. And all the emotions, the worries, doubts, fears, joys, tears are as vivid, as real as the graduation gown hung up in my daughter's closet.

I'm a weird parent, because my happiness is not derived from my kids going off to college, or from amazing grades, or from feats of athleticism. I'm happy, because my kids learned how to be amazing human beings, despite the obstacles. They could have dropped out. They could have become dependant on drugs/alcohol. They could have gotten pregnant/gotten someone pregnant. They could have run away. Instead of doing any of those things, they became reliable friends, trustworthy children and steadfast employees. They learned compassion, empathy, strength of character. They understand what it means to take on the responsibility of a job, of being there for a sibling, of being a good friend.

Naw, I'm not proud...I'm freakin' ecstatic that another one of my children has successfully navigated the first part of her life.

For all you parents out there who have yet to experience the joy of your children graduating high school...I hope you all get to feel this way when the time comes.
    Last edited by mtnairlover; Thu May 28th, 2009 at 09:29 PM.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Re: A Mother's Joy

Congratulations! It looks like you've been a great parent and your children will be and already have been rewarded for your devotion. If more parents took pride in their children and taught them how to be adults and good people, this world would be completely different.

I hope to follow in your shoes one day, maybe in 3-4 years, who know??

Congrats to your new graduate as well! I still just barely remember that day
    "Leze Le Bon Temps Roulet"
    Let The Good Times Roll!!

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter 64BonnieLass's Avatar

Congratulations Cath!!! I know you must be a very proud Mom about now. I am happy for you.

My sister gave me that gift in her children. And when my first favorite nephew graduated it was a most phenomenal feeling. And I was sooo very proud then too. Now he is in the Air Force. Yay, my favorite. And doing well in Guam.

Good Job Cath! You are an awesome Mom.
    "Keep that "what if" thought in the back of your mind; it's the angel on your shoulder balancing the devil in your right hand."

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."

2005 SV650S Street

Quote Originally Posted by RajunCajun View Post

I hope to follow in your shoes one day, maybe in 3-4 years, who know??

The joy of being a parent begins from the time you learn you are going to have a child. You will love it!

Thanks.

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

It's a great joy......for sure.
    Congrats!

"....dumb.....arrogant......condescending..... .
    lunatic.....douche....limited.....nut-case...."

oh...and from PMs "dumb broad".

"Posted by chanke4252"

Congrats!!!! Its a wonderful feeling watching your kids grow I have only just started to experience it and know I have many more years to go.

Congrats on the new high school grad!
    We are goddesses among men!

Congratulations! I cant imagine how truly proud you must be!!! That's really great!

All my 4 year old daughter can talk about is school and growing up - i wish she'd slow down! Shes breakin' my heart already>

-Dedicated to all of those with BIG egos.

Congratulations Cathy! And to the new grad! The best any parent can hope for is for their children to enter adulthood a fully functional, contributing, member of society. To that end you have succeeded admirably.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Thanks guys. This weekend is gonna be crazy, too. Her cousin is graduating today and then she gets to walk the isle tomorrow. I'm still thinking, "Did I forget to do something?" It really does come fast.

Cherish every single moment.

Cathy, you're far to young to have a 2nd child graduating from HS. Anyways, congrats.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

That's it Matty...you go to the top of the Christmas...er, Hanukkah list

Last edited by mtnairlover; Fri May 29th, 2009 at 08:30 AM.