Thread: Christopher Dodge

Thumbs down Christopher Dodge

I know that a lot of people have their vehicles serviced by christopher's dodge world who supposedly has a 5 star rating for their service and sales. I also know that a lot of people have had some pretty bad experiences with Christopher Dodge.

Last year I took my truck in because the front end was bouncing, loose and was making some popping sounds. I took the truck to them to have them check the shocks and struts (received recommendations from a few different mechanics on what the problem was). They told me that there was nothing wrong with the struts, so i told them to replace them anyway. I get my truck back and it's doing the same thing, so I find a mechanic that I can trust and take my truck to him instead.

He looks at the struts and says that the clip at the top of the strut is loose and that's what is causing the popping, and the struts are weak. He also said that those struts didn't look like they'd been replaced.

So I called Christopher Dodge to see what they would do for me. Their response was "we wouldn't charge you $900 to replace the shocks and struts if it wasn't done". So I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt I say "Even if the struts were replaced, there's no way they should be doing this if they are only a year old and haven't undergone any heavy towing, 4 wheeling or other adverse driving conditions." Their response was that I had them replaced just over a year ago, and they are no longer covered.

Moral of the story is, if you don't have to take your vehicle to Christopher Dodge for service....don't.

Leah
    05 Raven R1
    01 YZ250F

Re: Christopher Dodge

I had the (formerly John Elway) Go Jeep Chrysler Dealer off of Colfax & 6th try to tell me a couple of bent axels on my jeep wrangler were my fault (they wouldn't have sold me a used jeep with bent axels) and that I needed to pay them $900 to replace them since they weren't part of my powertrain warranty at the time. Took it to phil long jeep off of wadsworth and guess what.. they scratched their heads and said it was covered. I payed $200.00 to cover the inspection and a couple of miscellaneous parts and was send happily down the road. Unfortunately, Phil long is one of the dealers that will be closing this year as part of the ripple of the financial failure of the big 3. If you can.. stay away from GO dealerships. Not a good experience, at least at the jeep chrysler off of colfax and 6th!
    - Fug-it.. Know your worth.
    - "SUV's get Groceries, Jeeps get Dirty"
    - '08 GSXR 600 Blue/White

I work at GO Jeep on Broadway as a mechanic. We had a wrangler come in with bent axles and we just replaced them under warrenty. We hear a lot of Story from Go Jeep West (Colfax jeeps name). Come to Jeep on Broadway, we usually will take care of the costumer.
    "Ride Naked!"
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 (Fazer)
    1984 Kawasaki 250 4-stroke enduro
    1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2L V8 (Gas Whore)

Thankfully I found a great mechanic that I trust. (Thanks to Aracheon for the referral.) He's had my truck for 2 days, fixed everything that was wrong with it except for the struts (they have to be ordered) and the price was reasonable enough that I'm able to do some small fun stuff to my truck in addition to having the suspension repaired.

It's all been a learning experience and now i know better. I'd never until now had an encounter like that with a dealership in all the years that i've been having my service done with dealerships. For the most part it's all been good experiences until now.

Leah
    05 Raven R1
    01 YZ250F

Would you mind sharing the name of said mechanic? I need to get some stuff done to my truck as well... I don't have the tools to do so.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by RyNo24 View Post
    I work at GO Jeep on Broadway as a mechanic. We had a wrangler come in with bent axles and we just replaced them under warrenty. We hear a lot of Story from Go Jeep West (Colfax jeeps name). Come to Jeep on Broadway, we usually will take care of the costumer.
    Yea.. I guess it's unfair to say all GO dealerships, but west is a piece in my opinion. Good to hear there are honest GO dealerships out there. This was a year or so ago when Go was first aquiring John Elway. I know of another mechanic at one of the GO toyota's who had heard a ton of bad things about Jeep West as well.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    Would you mind sharing the name of said mechanic? I need to get some stuff done to my truck as well... I don't have the tools to do so.
    he is a member- http://cosportbikeclub.org/forums/member.php?u=3158

and his website- http://www.ultimatedieselperformance.com/
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post

My brother, Cory. Owns Ultimate Diesel Performance.

877-879-3437
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    There's nothing that will ever replace the warm feeling of a perfectly blipped 6th-to-4th downshift, that drops right lane traffic like 1st first semester chem-lab.

thank you... and thank you...
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Yup I won't be takin my truck anywhere else. That's fo damn sure! He's gonna order the goodies for my truck tomorrow. Can't wait!

Leah
    05 Raven R1
    01 YZ250F

GO didn't aquire John Elway, they just changes names. They have been owned by autonation forever, and Elway just wanted his name back. A lot of people had no Idea that Autonation already owned all those dealers. and of all the names they could have picked, they went with GO... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mister BOYD View Post
    Yea.. I guess it's unfair to say all GO dealerships, but west is a piece in my opinion. Good to hear there are honest GO dealerships out there. This was a year or so ago when Go was first aquiring John Elway. I know of another mechanic at one of the GO toyota's who had heard a ton of bad things about Jeep West as well.
    "Ride Naked!"
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 (Fazer)
    1984 Kawasaki 250 4-stroke enduro
    1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2L V8 (Gas Whore)

I hate stealerships, they'll invent anything to make themselves look good. There's no way your struts brand new will blow in a year with just city driving.... I also worked at Jeep on Broadway with Ryno24 and it's a good shop with knowledgeable techs that actually know what they're doing. This is the reason why I'm starting college for motorcycle tech/car-diesel tech this fall, I'm already pretty mechanicaly inclined and have learned a lot from working at so many dealerships. That way I can do what I love, help others and just do work on my stuff and know it is done the right way.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by RyNo24 View Post
    GO didn't aquire John Elway, they just changes names. They have been owned by autonation forever, and Elway just wanted his name back. A lot of people had no Idea that Autonation already owned all those dealers. and of all the names they could have picked, they went with GO... lol

Lol.. yea in the case of Jeep West, it fits though.. as in "GO" back home and never "GO" back to them.

Hotchkiss Auto on Colfax/Onieda is also a great place if you're in this area.

I went to Lithia down in Colorado Springs due to them getting pulled. This was a week ago. I was looking at a Rubicon Wrangler, sales lady did her deal and now here comes the Manager. I tell him I know how the game is played and I know they can do better. He looks right at me and says, "I'm not here to haggle, I'm out of a job in 5 days and I do not care if the vehicle does not sell for MSRP". I just look at him and say, well I know you can do better, he just response with "I guess you did not hear me I'm not here to haggle". So I get up and walk out. I still do not know why he came and sat down if he was done with the process, I actually feel sorry for the sales lady because I'm sure she had no clue he was going to say that and in fact she was not standing there when he did. Hell they also wrote down minus $500 because my car was dirty on the outside for a trade, plus minus $250 for interior although it took me 10 minutes to vacuum the inside when I got home. The outside was dirty due to the rain *shrug* Guess that is why they went under.

Phil Long Ford there by Chapel Hills Mall sucks balls. They are the ones that did not screw the castle nut on or use a pin and the wheel popped off on my wife & I. I posted here with pictures on that. I would never go there again although they fixed the vehicle and gave us 4 new tires as part of the hassle FEE. Ford paid for the towing as the vehicle is a lease.

Then there is Faricy Boys in Springs off of Woodman. I went to them to look at Jeeps after I did Lithia. I was seriously considering a Jeep Wrangler, really wanted the Rubicon but the sales guy kept trying to talk me into a different one to hit my monthly payment goal...but I like to be given all the numbers and let me decide. Anyways I took the wife into the dealership and a sales guy took us on the test track off road deal. My wife then test drove one...said she could drive it when needed. They kept telling me the first day I was there my tax on vehicles is 7.9%, I said no it is lower in Monument, so the guy got some paper and claimed it was 7.9%. So I called my Town Hall the next morning before taking the wife into see the Jeep and the lady emailed me the tax info and told me DO NOT PAY 7.9% that is not what YOU PAY. It is 5.9%, Faricy says I am to pay the 7.9% and if they over paid they will mail the finance company the check (Yeah I find that hard to believe)....I flat out said NO I am not going for that, I showed them the email and told them to call the lady, I guess that was too hard for them to do...and needing that the wife and I needed to be somewhere I told the guy about 10 times, we ended up walking out as they were dragging it out. I have yet to hear back from them, which is surprising as they ran my credit and said I am approved at the best rates. Whatever I do not NEED a Jeep and I never show NEEDING something. Worst case you think they drop the price $500 basically what the difference in tax is and call it a day.

I noticed dealers out here are SLOW. Back in MI yeah your there for a bit, but they have a desk, they have a PC, they can make calls on price to a degree. Out here I hate the whole little table you sit at in the middle of an open space....I just find that it just plain sucks. Plus I never saw someone go back to ask for a better deal from the manager as many times as he did...why do they take 15-25 minutes each time they go ask??? I guess they fail to see, that I will simple LOWER my price the longer I am there, I'm not going higher!!!

My father said it best to me, a sales guy worth anything knows the basic value of a trade-in and knows what the dealership will let that new vehicle go for. I agree, them playing stupid, well makes them look stupid.

Okay enough of my rant...I just can not stand dealerships and their little games. As for good dealers, I know one in Michigan with a good sales guy. I know one with a good service bay manager, dealer I bought my car at, but the sales side was bad.
    Last edited by modette99; Mon Jun 8th, 2009 at 12:58 PM.