Thread: Holy Tornado part II

Holy Tornado part II

Looks like a warning was issued north of Denver

What's with the weather?
    To those dead souls inching along the freeways in their metal coffins,... ..we show them that the human spirit is still alive

Hyper 1100
    KTM 450 XCW

Re: Holy Tornado part II

Greeley is getting hit hard right now. 2 reports of twisters in that cell:
    http://www.wunderground.com/wunderma...=Greeley,%20CO
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    08 KTM Super Duke Rtard

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

I left work today around 3:45 from Church Ranch and hwy36. Headed East along the NorthWest Pkwy to I25 and along the parkway, I looked up and saw those lower level clouds that accompany funnels. Sure enough, a small funnel was wanting to form. Nothing came of it and it was probably the leading edge of that tornado that touched down in Firestone. I made it home around 4:45.

Whew...what a freaky day/week!
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

I had just gotten back from a ride with MedicJess and was sitting at the computer when the cell started to get going right overhead. I paused to watch for a bit, but it didn't seem like much really. Kicked on the news to a tornado warning, and them zooming in on my neighborhood on the radar map highlighting the circulation. I saw a definitive wall cloud, but never any funnels. Not like Sunday when I had dozens of pictures from my front porch.

By the way, I'm right off 7 and Sheridan in Vista Ridge.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    I don't ride like a tool, tools ride like me! foo...

I think we have too many trailer parks... attracting these tornados. Riding home from Durango on Monday night we came over Monument with dark angry skies, lighting and rain. For a sec I thought we'd have to pull off for shelter.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

I rode to work tonight and wont get off until tomorrow morning at 7. I hope its going to be a dry commute from DTC back to Thornton.
    For My Diavan

yea we just had a tornado out here north of town yesterday afternoon that we were out watching and the night before i think it was fort collins got hammered with hail and a tornado warning.. Thankfully todays tornado didn't hit out here and we just got rain..

I called this before though saying tornados were going to be hardcore this year
    "If you love something, let it go... If it comes back to you, you've just high sided!"

'01 GSXR 750~Scorpion Exhaust~Carbon rear wheel cover, chain guard, intake, mirrors and signals~Targa Windscreen