Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New registration law?

New registration law?

So, I was reading on the mountain biking forum about some new law that passed 6/1.

If you fail to re-register your car/trailer/bike/there will be a $25 per month penalty for up to $100. It starts after your grace month ends.

You guys heard about this?

Re: New registration law?

Quote Originally Posted by wankel7 View Post
    So, I was reading on the mountain biking forum about some new law that passed 6/1.

If you fail to re-register your car/trailer/bike/there will be a $25 per month penalty for up to $100. It starts after your grace month ends.

my neighbor just got hit for it last week. he had a trailer in storage that he pulled out to get registered. tags ran out at the beginning of the year. they tagged him for 140...40 to register and 100 for the fine

sucks nuts

gotta be some way around it for vehicles you dont put on the road for an extende amount of time...like rebuilding a car or motorcycle.

2000 tillis plus stuff with some polished stuff and some carbon fiber stuff and a little bit of tlr stuff and some gsxr stuff

Yeah, there should be this is retarded. If it is not using the roads...then why pay?

Edit

The real question is...how much is the ticket if you don't register the trailer?

Yeah, there should be this is retarded. If it is not using the roads...then why pay?

Edit

The real question is...how much is the ticket if you don't register the trailer?

ahh...good question. also, you could probably just apply for a new title (in the case of the trailer) and only pay 30 ionstead of 100 (going on hearsay here...not sure if this is really possible)

2000 tillis plus stuff with some polished stuff and some carbon fiber stuff and a little bit of tlr stuff and some gsxr stuff

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

This isn't a tax though, because if it was the voters would have had a chance to vote on it. This is a fee. I seen it the last of last month and I couldn't register that day because of all people in front of me (250 and I gave up). I guess we're screwed on this one.

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Shea's Avatar

Fees are just taxes for specific behavior. But then again I'm "unhinged"...
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    THERE IS NO TIME FOR RATIONAL SOLUTIONS!
    WE HAVE TO TAKE DRASTIC IRRATIONAL MEASURES NOW!
    LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

yep its a fee and went into effect on June 1st. they are trying to find more ways to get money out of Nick Ninja since local law enforcement is having trouble meeting their quotas with him.
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

If I'm not mistaken the funds go to the county clerk, department of motor vehicles, and not law enforcement. I have no problem with writing a check to the CC&R or the DMV. I do have a problem writing a check to lawyers and the court though.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Yeah was at the dmv this month renewing registration for my car and getting temp plates for my bike and saw that. Also I was told registration fees double in July so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get the title to my bike before then so I can get it registered.
    The time to hesitate is through
    No time to wallow in the mire
    Try now we can only lose
    And our love become a funeral pyre

07 cbr600rr - cookie
    02 yzf600r - sold

Quote Originally Posted by Shea View Post
    Fees are just taxes for specific behavior. But then again I'm "unhinged"...
    +1

There is a way around this, however it was not a law (irony) when I pleaded the case.

A really good excuse is all we have to use...
    It works! Slow in, Fast out
    "Sarcasm is difficult to convey on the internet, especially if the people reading it don't know you personally". By Spiderman
    Neither irony nor sarcasm is argument. By Rufus Choate
    Be smart, be nice, do what'cha love and always have fun.
    Let food be your medicine, and medicine be your food. - Hippocrates
    I will use treatment to help the sick. I will never use it to injure them or wrong them. I will not give poison to anyone. - The Hippocratic Oath

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing View Post
    they are trying to find more ways to get money out of Nick Ninja since local law enforcement is having trouble meeting their quotas with him.

What a load of shit!!! I just called the DMV and fortunately there's a $100 limit. I asked about project vehicles that are down for re-build or whatever. They said you still have to pay.

So my boat trailer used to be $20/year, now it will cost me $120 to register because I'm rebuilding the boat and didn't re-register the trailer last year.

The chick went on to say that it was pushed through extremely quick and we should call our legislators. Like that ever does anything!!!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

That sucks, I've had my project bike in the garage all this time. Stupid gubbmit.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Thanks for posting this. I didn't realize that there was another revenue generating nuisance fee to avoid.

I will need to make sure I keep up on all of my registrations from now on. My oldest bikes are only $18 a year to register. A $100 penalty is 5 years of registration.

We are going to see more and more fees/penalties like this since our local governmental agencies are desperate for money.

Those of you who are lapsed keep in mind not only is there the new late registration fee but regular registration fees double in July. Go take care of yo shit!
    The time to hesitate is through
    No time to wallow in the mire
    Try now we can only lose
    And our love become a funeral pyre

07 cbr600rr - cookie
    02 yzf600r - sold

Quote Originally Posted by Wyck View Post
    Those of you who are lapsed keep in mind not only is there the new late registration fee but regular registration fees double in July. Go take care of yo shit!
    FRACK!!
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wyck View Post
    When I renewed my bike, SUV & trailer in May, they gave me a handout with the details of both the late fees and the increase... not sure if registration fees are doubling, but there are definite increases based on the weight of the vehicle being registered.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

"Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

It only works if you haven't let your plate laps.

This will not go unanswered. I think Tax Ritter's number should be posted down at the license plate place.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    Haven't done this before. I'm assuming they just mail you the new stickers to the address on the registration?
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    Haven't done this before. I'm assuming they just mail you the new stickers to the address on the registration?
    Yep.

Last edited by modette99; Mon Nov 7th, 2011 at 04:34 PM.

So.. wait.. I'm a little confused here.. Do you or do you NOT get the 1 month grace to renew. IE - if my tags were up this month, do I have till the end of next month or does next month add $25 to the price of the new tags? This is so fuggin stupid. Might as well start taxing milk by volume if you let it go bad. Horse shit.
    - Fug-it.. Know your worth.
    - "SUV's get Groceries, Jeeps get Dirty"
    - '08 GSXR 600 Blue/White