Thread: Weekend ride suggestion?

Weekend ride suggestion?

Just found out my wife and I are without kids for the weekend so we are wanting to do a quick weekend overnight ride. Last year we went 285 then over Independence Pass, stayed in Glenwood for the night, then rode home on I70. Other than the I70, it was a good ride (wife said NO I70 this time!!!). Thought of doing that again, but also thinking maybe go up to Steamboat Springs (6 to I70 to 40, maybe back over Trail Ridge road), or up to the Black Hills, possibly through the Snowy Range west of Laramie.

What's everyone's suggestion (these ideas or others)? I've never ridden to Steamboat, driven over to snowmobile, but that we do through Silverthorne. Ditto for the Snowy's, been snowmobiling there plenty, but never when the highway wasn't white. Black Hills the downside is hauling it through Wyoming..not great riding... Hot springs or something similar at the end would be nice, but not required. Will just grab a hotel room wherever we end up for the night and some dinner at a decent resturant.

Anybody know how the roads are on these little trips? Suggestions for better routes, or better destinations?

Re: Weekend ride suggestion?

Trail Ridge is more suckage these days, due to construction. Try going further north via the Poudre and Cameron Pass to Steamboat.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    Trail Ridge is more suckage these days, due to construction. Try going further north via the Poudre and Cameron Pass to Steamboat.

...what he said

Lake City is a great destination for a weekend. 285 out to 50. 50 west to Gunnison. Just as you see Blue Mesa rez head south on 149.

Then loop west to 550 through Silverton and Ouray

or loop east to Saquache and 114.
    twisty mountain hop

Well, we decided to hit South Dakota this weekend. Maybe stay with a friend in northern Colorado tonight, head out in the morning... Probably try to hit Spearfish Canyon, definitely drive through Custer State Park on the way home.

Go to Telluride
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!

My wife and I are going to go the long way (through Deckers) from the Springs to Black Hawk later this month.