Thread: SV650s Turn signals

SV650s Turn signals

I know there are a bunch of SV riders on the board. Anybody know a good aftermartket turn signal? If I'm not mistaken, not just any signal will work? I had a little trial and error session last night.
    Any tips? Suggestions?

Or, if anybody has a stock one for an 06 or 07 that they might be interested in selling, let me know. Thanks!

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter 64BonnieLass's Avatar

Re: SV650s Turn signals

Sean, I picked up my flush (ish) mount front one's from Performance. And picked up the fender eliminator kit on a website.

My bike is an 05, so not sure if the stock one's I have would work for you, but you are welcome to try if you want them.
    "Keep that "what if" thought in the back of your mind; it's the angel on your shoulder balancing the devil in your right hand."

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."

2005 SV650S Street

If you want LED signals, you'll need a resistor to slow them down (some people don't care about that but I do). Some come with resistors, some don't. I've got my eye on a set of Rizomas. They're on the pricey side, but much more visible than most LED.

What problems did you encounter? Maybe we can figure out what happened with what you've got!
    Last edited by Squisha; Tue Jun 30th, 2009 at 01:59 PM. Reason: thought of the question after I posted!

A bunch of SV riders on the SV board run the stubby Buell signals.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

One thing to be aware of is if your running a integrated tail light (clear alternatives anyway) and LED front turn signals the integrator won't work properly. I'm still trying to track down the proper resistors to fix this since clear alternatives doesn't care to solve thier own problem
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Thanks everybody for the good info.

Basically one of the front turn signals doesn't work due to blunt force. Just lookin for a solid fix, nothing expensive. The bike will probably go down the road next summer anyways. I had picked up some universal ones and they didn't really work because of the fittings. Didn't know if there was something I was missing.

I just made little brackets out of an old license plate holder. Basically it a rectangular piece of metal with a slot in it. I screwed it to the old mount holes from the back side and put the universal signal threw the middle.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!" — Hunter S. Thompson