Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on GCHI

Re: Update on GCHI

Quote Originally Posted by lil_shane84 View Post
    coulda been any one of us out there today, really makes you think. stay strong, ill throw in a special prayer for you tonight brother.
    +1 Anyone of us anytime... sucks to hear. Ride safe out there guys...

dang. sad to hear. best wishes for a healthy recovery..

Thats shitty to hear. Get better soon GCHI.
    MRA #595
    01' YZF R6 RACE (Kinky Kylie)
    Facebook - Shawn Parrish

No, he wasn't wearing any leathers. He had on a pair of jeans, short boots (under the ankle), textile jacket, spine protector, and gauntlets.

I called last night before I went to bed and his condition hadn't changed. He's going back in for surgery this morning to take a look at the progress of some of his internal injuries. He should be out of surgery by early afternoon and back in his room a little while later, so I'll update around 1530.

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Tylar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaneZach View Post
    No, he wasn't wearing any leathers. He had on a pair of jeans, short boots (under the ankle), textile jacket, spine protector, and gauntlets.

I called last night before I went to bed and his condition hadn't changed. He's going back in for surgery this morning to take a look at the progress of some of his internal injuries. He should be out of surgery by early afternoon and back in his room a little while later, so I'll update around 1530.
    Thanks, Zach.
    -Tylar

2009: 2009 GSXR 600 *wifey's*
    2010: 2008 YZF-R1

Pulling for him. Thanks for the update.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Heal up bud, our thoughts are with you!

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

Bummer to hear, best wishes to a speedy recovery.
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

Zack thanks for the update.
    R.I.P. Lahela 10/12/1986-08/01/2008

Want to become a super hero? http://www.donoralliance.org/info-page-1

"I don't fail I just succeed at finding ways that don't work."
    Chris Titus

CSC Spelling Bee Champ 2008 and 2009

Best thoughts and wishes!
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

How horrible to hear. Hope he heals up to ride another day.
    The time to hesitate is through
    No time to wallow in the mire
    Try now we can only lose
    And our love become a funeral pyre

07 cbr600rr - cookie
    02 yzf600r - sold

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

I'm just catching up on this thread, also. I do hope everything turns out okay for him. =\
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Still no changes. The surgery that was scheduled for today had to be postponed due to a scheduling error in the OR, so he may have it later today or tomorrow. Remember, the surgery was to check on some of his internal injuries, so it's not like they were going in for some sort of emergency procedure. This is purely speculation on my part, but I would guess that the doctors and surgeons are comfortable with his status as of now if they aren't rushing him back in, if that makes any sense. I would think that Le would take priority if he was more seriously injured. Still no visitors allowed. As always, I'll update everyone here when I know.
    Last edited by CaneZach; Mon Jul 13th, 2009 at 03:28 PM.

Maybe someone can update the first post, but it seems a bit fuzzy to me what actually happened and what injuries he has? Or, just nobody really knows at this point.

Zach, any ideas what he's getting surgery on?
    '02 RC-51 - Street

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

Brian, I know the full extent of his injuries, but I am not at liberty to disclose them. Since I can't give out the full extent of his injuries, I give updates as best as possible. Since I and a few others were with him when he went down, I can give you an account of the crash (forgive me if it's a little dry or clinical):

We were traveling east on Colorado 96 following a morning of riding from the Springs down to Bishop's Castle. Le admitted that he was not an experienced rider and was encouraged not to override his abilities, which he took to heart as he would ride much slower than the rest of the group. For those who have never ridden down to Bishop's Castle, it's a very fun ride, full of nice twisty roadway, both on 96 and 165. During our return, we turned onto 96 in order to return to Florence. While riding, Le failed to take a curve to the left, locked up the front brake and lowsided. As he lowsided, he and the bike continued straight off the curve, into the guardrail. Le hit a guardrail post with his body while the motorcycle collided with the guardrail and returned back to the roadway where it came to rest. Le came to rest under the guardrail and was initially unconscious as well as breaking his leg and arm. We waited with him until he was flown out and the investigation was completed.

As far as the surgery goes, it is to ensure the first surgery he went through was successful. He suffered some serious injuries to his upper body that required surgery. Unfortunately, from the sounds of it, they cannot just suture up the damaged internal organs or put a band-aid on them. Instead, they have a different method of stopping the bleeding from the injuries and resulting surgery. It sounds like they have to go back in to check on that method of stopping the bleeding in order to ensure its success and if necessary, remove and/or replace it.

Le did suffer some pretty severe trauma, but as of right now, everything is stable. Unfortunately, as the saying goes, "Time heals all wounds" and this case is no exception. The more severe trauma did not require surgery and appears to be healing on its own, but as with any injury, the possibility of things taking a turn for the worse is always present.
    Last edited by CaneZach; Mon Jul 13th, 2009 at 04:00 PM.

Bishop's Castle is cursed! Wish him a quick recovery.

Gold Member

damn.. poor guy..

What a scary situation it must have been. Hopefully everything goes well. You are such a great friend CaneZach for keeping such a close eye on him and for reporting his status to us. Please let us know if you, Gchi or his family need anything.

Faster. Till the thrill of speed over comes the fear of death.

http://www.myspace.com/yvonneforever15

http://colocustommetal.zoovy.com/

Quote Originally Posted by y_merkle View Post
    You are such a great friend CaneZach for keeping such a close eye on him and for reporting his status to us. Please let us know if you, Gchi or his family need anything.
    +10 on both counts. You are a stand up guy, Zach.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Tylar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaneZach View Post
    Brian, I know the full extent of his injuries, but I am not at liberty to disclose them. Since I can't give out the full extent of his injuries, I give updates as best as possible. Since I and a few others were with him when he went down, I can give you an account of the crash (forgive me if it's a little dry or clinical):

We were traveling east on Colorado 96 following a morning of riding from the Springs down to Bishop's Castle. Le admitted that he was not an experienced rider and was encouraged not to override his abilities, which he took to heart as he would ride much slower than the rest of the group. For those who have never ridden down to Bishop's Castle, it's a very fun ride, full of nice twisty roadway, both on 96 and 165. During our return, we turned onto 96 in order to return to Florence. While riding, Le failed to take a curve to the left, locked up the front brake and lowsided. As he lowsided, he and the bike continued straight off the curve, into the guardrail. Le hit a guardrail post with his body while the motorcycle collided with the guardrail and returned back to the roadway where it came to rest. Le came to rest under the guardrail and was initially unconscious as well as breaking his leg and arm. We waited with him until he was flown out and the investigation was completed.

As far as the surgery goes, it is to ensure the first surgery he went through was successful. He suffered some serious injuries to his upper body that required surgery. Unfortunately, from the sounds of it, they cannot just suture up the damaged internal organs or put a band-aid on them. Instead, they have a different method of stopping the bleeding from the injuries and resulting surgery. It sounds like they have to go back in to check on that method of stopping the bleeding in order to ensure its success and if necessary, remove and/or replace it.

Le did suffer some pretty severe trauma, but as of right now, everything is stable. Unfortunately, as the saying goes, "Time heals all wounds" and this case is no exception. The more severe trauma did not require surgery and appears to be healing on its own, but as with any injury, the possibility of things taking a turn for the worse is always present.
    Thanks for the info, Zach.
    -Tylar

2009: 2009 GSXR 600 *wifey's*
    2010: 2008 YZF-R1

Thanks for all the updates. Hang in there Le. You got a lot of riders standing behind you and praying for you.
    Imma girl....so what! What's your next question?

Sorry to hear about this.

I met Le when he and Drift and another rider I didn't meet came up north on father's day, Le and I being the least experienced hung out in the back of the pack all day, When I first met him at the stop in Ned he and I admittedly had a good laugh over our inexperience and decided the back was safest as we could maintain our own pace, and stay out of the faster paced way. Good guy, I know he knew where he stood as far as his experience and what he could handle. I am just sorry to hear about this, wish him a speedy recovery. Hang in there Le our thoughts are with you.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by y_merkle View Post
    What a scary situation it must have been. Hopefully everything goes well. You are such a great friend CaneZach for keeping such a close eye on him and for reporting his status to us. Please let us know if you, Gchi or his family need anything.

Thanks for giving us what information you can and clearing up my confusion about the details.

Let us know if Le's family needs anything, or if we can all help out some way.

Here's to a speedy and full recovery for Le.
    '02 RC-51 - Street

~Dave Karlotski

Wow....With what I just went through...really made me relive mine and think. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

07 GSXR 750
    07 GSXR 600 (RIP)