Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Update on GCHI

Gold Member

Re: Update on GCHI

fuck yeah good news for sure...

heres to a healthy and full recovery!!!!!!!!

Tipys and I just got back. We saw Ly and he nodded to let us know he saw us there, but when he tries to talk his temperature starts rising quickly so we left the room so he could just relax. We talked with his mom for about an hour.

Here's the short version:

- He's still in a lot of pain, and there is still some internal bleeding. He has to be put on medication to allow him to sleep at night.
    - His internal injuries are starting to heal very well
    - Having surgery on his broken arm and leg Monday
    - He will be in the hospital for around 3 weeks before he can go home.
    - The Dr. is impressed that he has recovered as fast as he has
    - He can talk, and was talking a lot to his parents earlier today, but he keeps wanting to talk about the wreck and make sure things are getting taken care of with his family while he is in the hospital. These conversations lead to his heart rate and temperature rising so his mom has to calm him down. (That's Ly - he always wants to make sure everything is running smoothly and his parents are taken care of.)
    - His mom and dad are driving back and forth every day to visit him so his mom hasn't been eating or sleeping much. We asked her to look after herself more. She said she is starting to eat now that Ly is doing a lot better.
    - A lot of his family members have been coming in from out of town and state to see him

- His mom doesn't mind him having visitors as long as they are quiet and if he starts talking about the wreck, just nod but don't give him any feedback - just move onto another topic because from the way she explained it, he's pretty upset about what happened and he told her and the Dr. that he is done with riding. I highly recommend not talking about riding at all with his mom unless she brings the topic up. She was against Ly getting the bike in the first place and she is really against riding now. She wants people to just focus on talking about him being able to recover fast and getting home.

I let his mom and sister know that all of you are wishing him the best and if there is anything we can do to help to let me know.
    "6 pairs of kicks is my definition of 12 steps"

Glad to hear that he's doing better.
    Tim

05 R6 blue

Quote Originally Posted by thatmofo View Post
    Tipys and I just got back. We saw Ly and he nodded to let us know he saw us there, but when he tries to talk his temperature starts rising quickly so we left the room so he could just relax. We talked with his mom for about an hour.

Here's the short version:

- He's still in a lot of pain, and there is still some internal bleeding. He has to be put on medication to allow him to sleep at night.
    - His internal injuries are starting to heal very well
    - Having surgery on his broken arm and leg Monday
    - He will be in the hospital for around 3 weeks before he can go home.
    - The Dr. is impressed that he has recovered as fast as he has
    - He can talk, and was talking a lot to his parents earlier today, but he keeps wanting to talk about the wreck and make sure things are getting taken care of with his family while he is in the hospital. These conversations lead to his heart rate and temperature rising so his mom has to calm him down. (That's Ly - he always wants to make sure everything is running smoothly and his parents are taken care of.)
    - His mom and dad are driving back and forth every day to visit him so his mom hasn't been eating or sleeping much. We asked her to look after herself more. She said she is starting to eat now that Ly is doing a lot better.
    - A lot of his family members have been coming in from out of town and state to see him

- His mom doesn't mind him having visitors as long as they are quiet and if he starts talking about the wreck, just nod but don't give him any feedback - just move onto another topic because from the way she explained it, he's pretty upset about what happened and he told her and the Dr. that he is done with riding. I highly recommend not talking about riding at all with his mom unless she brings the topic up. She was against Ly getting the bike in the first place and she is really against riding now. She wants people to just focus on talking about him being able to recover fast and getting home.

I let his mom and sister know that all of you are wishing him the best and if there is anything we can do to help to let me know.
    Great news, glad he is recovering quickly....thanks TMF for the update.
    For My Diavan

That's great feedback. Good job.

"....dumb.....arrogant......condescending..... .
    lunatic.....douche....limited.....nut-case...."

oh...and from PMs "dumb broad".

"Posted by chanke4252"

Just got back & read all this. Damn. Definately give him my best & add my thoughts & prayers as well as wishes for a speedy recovery. I'm glad he's at least on the mend!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

He's got a long road ahead, but good to hear he's improving.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Thats great to hear, if he's worrying about things for his family, there has to be something we can help with.
    GSXRScott made me follow him into that corner,...down that hill...there was the time up that washout...crankcase alley...man I gotta stop following him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmerKyle View Post
    ...I knew all too well what would happen if the old guy on the Beemer took the lead...

Thanks for the update...have had him in my thoughts several times. Please continue to keep us all updated.

07 GSXR 750
    07 GSXR 600 (RIP)

That is excellent news. So glad to here his is on the mend. Again let us know if there is anything me can do to help and take some stress off of him and the family.

Faster. Till the thrill of speed over comes the fear of death.

http://www.myspace.com/yvonneforever15

http://colocustommetal.zoovy.com/

great to hear!

Awesome news! Alright Ly! I would like to try and go see him the next time a few of you are going please.

a specific position or point in physical space

Good news for sure!
    9/7 MotoGP Fan
    "Four wheels move the body...Two wheels move the soul"

http://www.lubedealer.com/otg_oil_lube

thanks for the update.
    Imma girl....so what! What's your next question?

Thanks for the updates guys...my thoughts are with Ly and his family

Great News!!! Thanks for the update.

Put me on the list also. I'm willing to help with mowing the lawn etc. if needed.

I went and saw Ly today. I was able to visit with him for about ten minutes before his hear rate jumped from 122 to 136. After that his Dad and I left the room so he could sleep.

The cool thing today was that he actually talked to me! He said he's still in quite a bit of pain and then he had me find a button for him that he has to push for more pain medication. He said something else that was pretty funny too, but I can't post it on here. It was just really good to hear him crack a joke in his condition. They "fixed" his broken arm and leg already, and that wasn't scheduled until tomorrow so that is good. He's still on a fast track for recovery.

I went to a couple of points where I saw guard rails on that path, so if someone can PM me the mile marker location, then I will know which of the three it was. If it was any of the ones I saw, he sure did luck out that he didn't high side.

BTW: I let him know that you guys/gals are wishing him the best.

Thanks for the great news and taking the time to check in with Gchi and his family. That is wonderful news and I am very happy to hear Gchi is recovering quickly. Please continue to send him our best wishes.

It is good to hear that he is doing better.
    Imma girl....so what! What's your next question?

I went down there yesterday and talked with Ly for about 15 minutes this time, but then he had get some rest. He is doing a lot better, but still in quite a bit of pain. He will be starting PT this week and depending on how it goes he may be out of there as soon as two weeks. He is eating solid foods now too so it looks like he has made quite a bit of progress since I last saw him. I dropped off the card and he was pretty happy to know that people are wishing him the best.

GOOD NEWS. To many riders goign down so fast

Represent The Green Monster In You!

AKA "Devaclis"

positive thoughts positive thoughts positive thoughts positive thoughts positive thoughts
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

thanx for the update....
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).