Thread: Denver to Sacramento and Back

In A Land Far Far Far Away Lifetime Supporter

Denver to Sacramento and Back

In August I am heading to Sacramento for about 9 days Aug. 4th~ Aug. 13th. I am going to take my EX on this trip and do the entire

jaunt to get there on the bike with a truck as back up. all my in-laws live there and I plan on escaping with some folks I know from

the EX-500 forum when there. it will be nice to get away and see California never been, are there any good knee dragging curves out

there? Scenery? My initial goal it to do the entire trip in less than 24hours on the bike. I am looking at 18 hours in the saddle. We'll see when I get underway.
    Αφροδίτη

https://www.facebook.com/dcbk.stanley

The one in the back still catching up....

Re: Denver to Sacramento and Back

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite View Post
    it will be nice to get away and see California never been, are there any good knee dragging curves out
    there? Scenery?
    Nope Cali is flat with nothing to look at especially along the coast.

Sac is about 2 hours west of Lake Tahoe. Which has some great scenery and some fun mountain roads.

Sac is also about 1 1/2 hours from San Francisco, on your way there you can stop in Berkely. And if you really want some nice roads and really nice views take the 4 hour trek to Pismo Beach and Monterey.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post

Sac is about 2 hours west of Lake Tahoe. Which has some great scenery and some fun mountain roads.

Sac is also about 1 1/2 hours from San Francisco, on your way there you can stop in Berkely. And if you really want some nice roads and really nice views take the 4 hour trek to Pismo Beach and Monterey.
    Yeah, I'll be in Berkely for good by July 31st, so holla if you're in the neighborhood (303)720-1361, or if you get lost and end up in Oakland, then I guess you are just in,,, the hood

18 hours in the saddle, wow! I still hurt when I remember my 9 hours on the old FZR. Have a wonderful trip!
    "Leze Le Bon Temps Roulet"
    Let The Good Times Roll!!

Board Newbie

are there any good knee dragging curves out

there? Scenery? My initial goal it to do the entire trip in less than 24hours on the bike. I am looking at 18 hours in the saddle. We'll see when I get underway.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_State_Route_1

given your route Im not sure which way you will be coming into cali, but sanFran is roughly 2 hrs from sacto, which hooks up with the 1. best drive you can treat yourself to IMO.

If you go via Reno you get to ride through SLC to Wendover... wooo frickin wooO!!! That'll square off your tires a bit. (Head straight west, don't turn). Pick up a crampbuster.. you'll need it.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Are you taking 70 to 50? There are some twisties going into Austin Nevada and I believe a little bit more after Fallon. 50 is a great road. Not many fuel stops. Other than that, straght as an arrow. We always level off around 110mph cruising through that section on our way out to the GP's. Have fun. I love seeing the military planes and copters buzzing around Fallon. Awesome trip. Enjoy
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!

I am looking forward to this trip finally a vacation for more than the

weekend!!

Αφροδίτη

What route are you taking?

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

So far this is what i have come up with it a little longer but looks more interesting so far

Αφροδίτη

Right on!

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Board Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post

Second that! Tahoe is a must if you are going that direction and it sounds like it's on your way. There are some great roads, but you need to avoid the traffic to truly enjoy them.

Have a safe trip!

Board Newbie

Nevermind, I just fully read her post. Looks like she is on the road now.. Oh well, hopefully Tahoe was seen.

Made it back from Cali aside from the ride, put another 1500 miles +/- on the bike in Cali and rode the Mosquito Ridge and all through the NAPA Valley and to San Fran Lots of nice twisties in their Foot hills.

Almost caught the big flight right off the edge of Mosquito ridge no guard rail and took a corner a little fast and panicked a little and ran into the other lane right over to the other side didn't drop it, or have any incidents but if anything would have been coming from the other side it would have not been pretty.
    Αφροδίτη

Made it back from Cali aside from the ride, put another 1500 miles +/- on the bike in Cali and rode the Mosquito Ridge and all through the NAPA Valley and to San Fran Lots of nice twisties in their Foot hills.

Almost caught the big flight right off the edge of Mosquito ridge no guard rail and took a corner a little fast and panicked a little and ran into the other lane right over to the other side didn't drop it, or have any incidents but if anything would have been coming from the other side it would have not been pretty.

I am so late on this, I am glad you had a good trip. Next time you go to Cali use this site to plan your trips. www.pashnit.com. This site use to be free, but now it is $20 for a year. Totally worth it. This guy has riden almost everyroad in California and did a write up about it. I use to live in Cali and this site was the bible. I didn't read the whole thread, so it was probably mentioned earlier and I seem like a total goof. Anyhow if you go back here is what you need.
    MRA #176 Rookie/Novice
    Sponsor: Visa Mastercard overdraft protection

Did you ened going straight through. I did that when I was like 20. Not sure that I can do it now on a sportbike.
    Last edited by jonny05; Sat Sep 12th, 2009 at 04:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by jonny05 View Post
    Did you ened going straight through. I did that when I was like 20. Not sure that I can do it now on a sportbike.

Took I80 all the way back....I was in pain for a couple days afterward. 36 ain't no spring chickie either.
    Αφροδίτη

That's great. Good on you!