...in the canyons...

Don't do it if you don't like not knowing where you're going.

(Can't see that rock wall on the left side of the road, can you?)

Actually, I've been up and down hwy's 36 and 34 so many times, I could do it in my sleep...but...WARNING...it's so different from driving in a car in the canyons at night when you're on your motorcycle.

So, here's the thing...in a car, you have two headlights whose beams will light up the whole canyon wall on both sides as you twist and turn your way through them. But, because you are on 4 wheels, the lights on the canyon walls, never falter all the way through.

On a bike...on 2 wheels, that light beam isn't steady at all. Each turn you take, no matter how much you try not to lean (can't believe I just said that), the beam still moves. I mean, it doesn't stay steady all the way through a turn. So, as you are in a left turn, that beam tilts and continues pointing straight ahead, but does not shine in the direction you are going. In front of you is complete and utter black. If it weren't for the lines in the road, you'd be mushmeat off into a ditch, or into a river, or a rock wall.

Night riding most definitely makes you concentrate a whole lot more...and slow down.