Thread: Z b ds'n

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Z b ds'n

Yeah, the Zed went for a dirt ride today and now she's a dirty girl thanks to my dirty guide, Jeff (asp_125).

But, it wasn't all dirt, just some dirt. We did do some pavement...like hwy7 to p2p, to Central City Raceway, to Loveland Pass. After lunch is when things got just a tad, um...dirty.

Jeff was scouting some dirt pass roads, so I tagged along and the first road we took was easy on the Zed...sorta. We took Boreas Pass road to the summit and then back down again. We also went to take a look at Webster Pass, but just one look at that road and the Zed was whimpering back down the road. Wonderful scenery up there, though...

The Z really needs a good bath...but, um...I don't think this would have had the results I was looking for...

This might have been a bit overkill, I dunno...I'm thinking, better keep the Z to just the edge, but not all the way in...

What a tease!

What a day! Thanks Jeff, for showing me some dirt roads that the Zed can actually make her way through.

(Now, it's off to bed for me and some really hard sleeping. Can't wait to argue with my body in the morning. YOU WILL MOVE AND YOU WILL LIKE IT!!!)
    Last edited by mtnairlover; Sun Aug 9th, 2009 at 10:14 PM.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Re: Z b ds'n

That Cathy... on the surface she's all nice and proper, but underneath, she's a dirty, dirty girl. Yep I wanted to take her to get down and dirty and she was game. Not only a little dirty but all the way up!

Well after doing it all day long I'm about to pop a couple Ibuprofen and get rested up. Pavement? We don't need no stinkin' pavement!
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Oh, btw the Indian food made it home in one piece! And there would've been dirty video but the batteries failed.
    Last edited by asp_125; Mon Aug 10th, 2009 at 12:15 AM.
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

ok just one more...
    my Facebook, SpeedShots

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    ... And there would've been dirty video but the batteries failed.
    Good thing...we don't need to be sharing too much, dontcha know...

Hey, my body is actually cooperating this morning...well, cept for the soreness in the quads. Musta been all that standing on the pegs. I'd do it all again, though.

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

AKA "Devaclis"

Cathy, time for a DRZ. You know you want to.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

lol...yeah, I know.

Gotta get other life considerations taken care of first. Can't play too much until they are squared away. But, most definitely, that was some fun stuff and the roads you take when on a dual sport...very nice! And very quiet and less traveled.

AKA "Devaclis"

You can take mine out for a spin if ya want. I don't ride every weekend.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Thanks, Dana. I might just need to take you up on that. :-)

Hey Cath you should enter the Zed in BOTM, I'm sure you got a few good ones.
    my Facebook, SpeedShots

Hey Cath you should enter the Zed in BOTM, I'm sure you got a few good ones.
    I did, but I know better.

Douche Yearly Supporter Sortarican's Avatar

Wish I'd known you were up there.
    We were down Tiger road on Sunday looking for Kim & Dean (They left before we got there).
    Hung out in Breck and walked around before going back to Fairplay.
    If I'd know we could have grabbed lunch together.
    Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

lol...we need special gps's on everyone we hang out with. Something like a range-finder, or something like that...where if you're within a certain mile range of each other, it'll beep so you can find each other (like a radar detector, only for people).

Nice ride, sorry I missed it!
    Next time, next time...
    When I die I want to go to Heaven, just don't want to do it real soon!!!

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Tylar's Avatar

ok just one more...
    Purday. I think i'm going to go rub up against my snowboard for awhile now . . . .
    -Tylar

2009: 2009 GSXR 600 *wifey's*
    2010: 2008 YZF-R1

Quote Originally Posted by CHRISTIAN COWBOY View Post
    Nice ride, sorry I missed it!
    Next time, next time...
    Well, dunno if you have the FZ back together or do you have a dirt bike? Thinking this Sunday I'm going up Rollins Pass east to the Needle's Eye.
    Last edited by asp_125; Tue Aug 11th, 2009 at 08:49 AM.
    my Facebook, SpeedShots

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Great pics! My Pronstar is jealousy ... you dirty flirty Z girl !!
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

AKA "Devaclis"

Cathy, you need to join the "Dirty Old Men" crew It is sooooo much fun to get off the pavement. I am still not a huge fan of riding trails but hitting up the forest service roads is a blast

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

The VFR has been known to do some dirty work:

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Nice photo, Dirk.

I think I need to take a hint from the Zed...whatcha think?