...in 28 days!!!

So, I've been trying to buy a home for the past 8 months. I had a couple of maybe's during Spring, but backed out, cuz they were short sales and needed more work than I thought I could handle. By late Spring, I was beginning to feel a tad worried. I intensified my search and got pretty freakin serious. But, even though I was serious and went through not one, but two inspections on two different homes, neither of them panned out.

So, I figured the third time would be the charm. I found a place that I thought would be just right for me and my girls and wanted to make a bid. It was in move-in condition and just about the right price. Unfortunately, someone beat me to the punch. Luckily though, there was a townhome 2 doors down. It was a bank-owned, which meant possibly lots of work to get ready for move-in. Undaunted, we took a peek. Amazingly, the problems seemed easy enough to work with. So, I made my offer. The bank balked. I came up just a tad and the bank accepted. The contract was written and signed on August 3. My realtor put dates in the contract that would have me closing on the 31st...today. But, in the middle of the week, last week, that did not look like it was going to happen.

On Friday of last week, I got a call from my lender (Catherine Eusea, Chad's wife) at work who said, "Guess what? You're closing on Monday!"

So today, at 4pm, I closed on my very own home...28 days from signing the contract.

Props to Catherine and my real estate agent.