Thread: Think its all just your Allergies right now?

Think its all just your Allergies right now?

No wonder we can't breathe and it's looking alot hazier, like California, these days. I just thought my inability to breathe the past few days was from the wind at Byers all weekend.

YUCK!!

AHHHHHHHHHH---CHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Smelling Smoke? Blame Western Wildfires

Smoke, Haze Coming From Multiple Fires To Our West

DENVER -- The National Weather Service in Denver said that the smoky smell lingering in our Front Range Foothills is from wildfires to our west.
    A look at wildfires across the U.S. West on Monday:
    COLORADO
    -- Crews fighting a nearly 2-square-mile wildfire in western Colorado are also putting out 17 smaller fires sparked by lightning. A Sunday night storm sparked the new blazes while crews were keeping the large fire away from three cabins and an outbuilding about 10 miles north of Nucla in southwest Colorado, according to fire information officer Lee Ann Loupe. The larger fire was reported Saturday and was also believed to be caused by lightning. Firefighters had no estimate Monday on how much of the fire was contained.
    ARIZONA
    -- More than 500 homes north of Payson, about 90 miles northeast of Phoenix, were under evacuation orders Monday as crews worked to control a wildfire that had consumed more than 500 acres. The Gila County Sheriff's office evacuated the Whispering Pines and Beaver Valley subdivisions and a campground. The fire was reported Sunday afternoon on Tonto National Forest land. No injuries had been reported.
    CALIFORNIA
    -- A massive fire in the Angeles National Forest nearly doubled in size overnight, threatening 12,000 homes Monday in a 20-mile-long swath of flame and smoke and surging toward a mountaintop broadcasting complex. The fire that burned at least 21 homes was moving north, south and east through the rugged foothills northeast of Los Angeles. Two firefighters were killed Sunday when they drove off a road on Mount Gleason near the city of Acton. It was the largest of at least eight wildfires burning up and down California. Three people were critically burned in the fire.
    -- Another 2,000 homes were threatened in San Bernardino County, and a mandatory evacuation was under way in Oak Glen, an unincorporated scenic community of apple orchards near Yucaipa and about 90 miles east of downtown Los Angeles. A 1.4-square-mile wildfire that began Sunday afternoon tripled in size overnight and was burning out of control in oak and conifer woodlands.
    -- A 3.8-square-mile blaze that began Thursday near the San Bernardino County town of Hemet was 95 percent contained and was expected to be fully surrounded Monday evening.
    -- Northeast of Sacramento, a fire that began Sunday afternoon destroyed 60 structures, many of them homes in the town of Auburn, with an entire cul-de-sac wiped out. The fire had blackened 275 acres amid high winds and reportedly was 50 percent contained Sunday night. The governor declared a state of emergency in the Sierra foothills area.
    -- In Mariposa County, a nearly 7-square-mile fire in Yosemite National Park forced the evacuation of about 50 homes. The blaze was reported to be 50 percent contained Sunday. Two people suffered minor injuries.
    HAWAII
    -- About 25 residents of Molokai had to evacuate when flames from a 9.4-square-mile wildfire headed toward their homes. But they were cleared to return several hours later when the wind shifted to the west, away from the residential area. A firefighter who suffered smoke inhalation on Saturday was hospitalized in stable condition. The cause of the fire was being investigated. Four public schools were closed in Molokai because of the brush fire.
    OREGON
    -- Firefighters on Monday were mopping up the nearly 2-square-mile Microwave fire that threatened Mosier over the weekend. Three homes and a barn were lost to the blaze, which has cost an estimated $1.7 million to fight and was reportedly 75 percent contained.
    UTAH
    -- Residents of New Harmony in southern Utah began returning to their homes Monday after authorities lifted an evacuation advisory driven by a wildfire flare-up. But fire officials warned that the blaze could become active again with expected hot and windy conditions. The lightning-caused Mill Flat fire had been burning in the remote Pine Valley wilderness area for more than a month before it flared up over the weekend, forcing hundreds from their homes and prompting new criticism that fire officials didn't attempt to extinguish it earlier. The blaze has blackened about 12 square miles. At one point, fire officials said the blaze threatened 550 homes and 58 commercial buildings. Three homes and eight outbuildings were destroyed.
    ----
    WASHINGTON
    -- Firefighters expect the blaze that destroyed a large hay warehouse in Moses Lake to smolder for days. No injuries have been reported. The Columbia Basin Herald reports about 60 firefighters were at the scene.
    Last edited by sprtbkbabe; Tue Sep 1st, 2009 at 12:56 PM.
    "Every Crotch is a Rocket" HDAVE

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

Re: Think its all just your Allergies right now?

So what you're saying is that California is so smoggy that even the smoke comes to Colorado for the weather?
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Yesterday the sunset from the office looked hazy and this morning I could swear I was back in Irvine. Now if we lane split the illusion would be complete.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    So what you're saying is that California is so smoggy that even the smoke comes to Colorado for the weather?
    Hopefully this fashion doesn't follow

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    Yesterday the sunset from the office looked hazy and this morning I could swear I was back in Irvine. Now if we lane split the illusion would be complete.

You haven't ridden on I-225 lately, hmm?

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

Quote Originally Posted by sprtbkbabe View Post
    You haven't ridden on I-225 lately, hmm?
    I work right there off the 25/225 interchange.
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Yet another California import I could do without.....
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Tylar's Avatar

This is rough.

Playing softball in this crap with asthma is going to be a problem.
    -Tylar

2009: 2009 GSXR 600 *wifey's*
    2010: 2008 YZF-R1

My parents live in Los Angeles. Just spoke with my mom, and their pool is covered in Ash. Luckly none of the fires are near my parents home this time. 3 years ago, they were a mile away up in the foothills.

The fires out there are no joke.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Tylar's Avatar

There's an iReport of a timeline for the fire. Massive doesn't describe it; and I had a front-row seat to the Hayman fire.
    -Tylar

2009: 2009 GSXR 600 *wifey's*
    2010: 2008 YZF-R1

Gold Member Yearly Supporter

If you saw the moon last night this thread would explain its orange color. I couldn't figure it out till now. And ya the CA fires are no joke. Remember the Oakland hills fire??? Almost everyone lost everything. Sad very very sad.
    2015 R1200GS
    03 & 11 XR-50 pit bike
    07 & 08 DRZ 400SM
    06 FJR 1300
    70 SL 350
    75 MT 250

Agreed on the seriousness of the fires. It's gotta be agonizing to be evacuated and have to wait & worry
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

It makes for cool sunrises and sunsets. I took this this morning.

Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

AKA "Devaclis"

Man, these fires lead to pretty bad mudslides in the spring too. It is going to be damned rough out there for a while. I am going to miss a few things about that state when it slides off into the ocean with Conan, Horsehead, and all of freaks that keep drinking the rest of this countries water.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Man the ride home from the worksite on Monday was miserable! The haze rolled in and then just turned into smoke that kept visibility waaaay low. The smell came shortly after and it was hard to breathe. I had two bandanas tied on to help, but my eyes were on fire themselves by the time the bike and I got home. UGH!!!!
    ~Jess~
    2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2008 Kawi GREEN Ninja 650R

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    It makes for cool sunrises and sunsets. I took this this morning.
    Nah, you just stole it from Facebook, I saw it there first anyway!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    Nah, you just stole it from Facebook, I saw it there first anyway!
    You caught me! I stole it from Chris Tomer on Fox News.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

I was out on my road bicycle last evening and really noticed how much harder I had to gasp for air.. over and above my usual gasping. Prolly need to reduce the heavy aerobic riding for a bit.
    my Facebook, SpeedShots

The haze/smoke tore me up yesterday morning while running outside....today I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and I hate running on treadmills.

Thanks Cali!!!!
    2011 Ducati 848 Evo "Bautista"
    2002 Honda RC-51 "Big Boi"

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!"

Sometimes sharing is not the right thing to do.

I feel bad for everyone in the path of the fires and I'm hoping like hell that they are able to evacuate the animal sanctuaries that are in direct danger.

But yes, just like with St. Helens, it does make for nifty sunrises/sunsets.
    So who lit the fuse on your tampon?
    "Panic, chaos and rampant innuendo. All in a day's work."
    "Your life is right now. It's not later! It's not in that time of retirement. It's not when the lover gets here. It's not when you've moved into the new house. It's not when you get the better job. Your life is right now. It will always be right now. You might as well decide to start enjoying your life right now, because it's not ever going to get better than right now--until it gets better right now!"
    Passion Parties by Stephanie

Soon, soon you will be mine...my precioussss...