Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just wanted to say hi!

Re: Just wanted to say hi!

Quote Originally Posted by FALCONSEYE View Post
    Thanks, I will try these next time minus the red light running.
    Devaclis, asp_125 and Matty.
    I work at the building right across from Hyatt Regency ( 4643 South Ulster Street) and live by i25 and Colorado.
    I am typically in by 07:00~07:30 and out by 15:00~16:00. I guess it depends on if I have last min requests.
    One of these days, maybe we can meet for lunch or grab a diet coke at baker street after work.
    Ha, I probably pass you on the road then! I'm off of Yale & 25 (used to be colorado & 25) and I'm usually at work in the ranch by 7 am or so.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Thanks, I will try these next time minus the red light running.
    Devaclis, asp_125 and Matty.
    I work at the building right across from Hyatt Regency ( 4643 South Ulster Street) and live by i25 and Colorado.
    I am typically in by 07:00~07:30 and out by 15:00~16:00. I guess it depends on if I have last min requests.
    One of these days, maybe we can meet for lunch or grab a diet coke at baker street after work.
    Just keep an eye on the boards while at work if you are able. People around here often post last minute lunches in the DTC.
    And congrats on the progression!!!!
    ~Jess~
    2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2008 Kawi GREEN Ninja 650R

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by = Buckeye Jess = View Post
    Just keep an eye on the boards while at work if you are able. People around here often post last minute lunches in the DTC.
    And congrats on the progression!!!!
    Like tomorrow?!! I'll start a new thread.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

(formerly "ABATEStateCoord") THoward's Avatar

Drop an email on this page. They'll get you where you need to be. There are a lot of issues with the signal lights. Not all even work with a heavy cruiser sitting there. I refer everyone to this page, if we keep complaining, maybe we will get them fixed.

http://www.dot.state.co.us/contacts/form.htm

Quote Originally Posted by ABATEStateCoord View Post
    Drop an email on this page. They'll get you where you need to be. There are a lot of issues with the signal lights. Not all even work with a heavy cruiser sitting there. I refer everyone to this page, if we keep complaining, maybe we will get them fixed.

http://www.dot.state.co.us/contacts/form.htm

Just filled out the form. BTW, I was at your basic rider course at Red Rocks Community College last weekend. Great job!
    Xbox 360 :: FALCONSEYE
    PS3 :: FALCONSEYE_

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Congrats! You're off to a great start... MSF course AND Gear!
    Why are leather pants/textile not considered gear? I see so many people just wearing jeans and pavement will eat through those in a heartbeat. Proper gear should consist of the right pants and boots. He is off to the right start, but thought I would throw that advice in
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Of course he would need pants, but I was happy to see that he had most of it (can't see his foot wear). I'm not a gear nazi. It's your road rash
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Why are leather pants/textile not considered gear? I see so many people just wearing jeans and pavement will eat through those in a heartbeat. Proper gear should consist of the right pants and boots. He is off to the right start, but thought I would throw that advice in
    They are. Took me a minute to get the full getup, and that was really just to do trackdays. Of course I wear the 2pc if I'm hitting the canyons up now, but I'll throw on Jeans 'n' steel toes if I'm just heading around town.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

I was thinking about riding to work this morning. I rode yesterday taking side roads in almost no traffic just to see. It took me 22 mins vs. 7 to 12mins in my car driving on I25. It's kind of funny that I came to realize the cracks, pot holes on the road that I have never seen before. When I checked the weather this morning, I read chances of thunderstorms so I decided not to ride. I might need to ride in my neighborhood just to test braking, and turning before riding on roads where the speed limit is 40 mph.
    Other thing, pretty much the entire summer in Denver is a 20%-80% chance of rain, so get'n used to it when you can be comfortable beats get'n stuck in it & having no other option!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    Other thing, pretty much the entire summer in Denver is a 20%-80% chance of rain, so get'n used to it when you can be comfortable beats get'n stuck in it & having no other option!
    given our usual weather patterns, I can pretty much count on being dry riding to work in the morning, and if I get soaked going home, it doesn't matter. FWIW a $10 Walmart rain suit in a backpack is all i need to carry.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Good looking bike! Congrats! Keep at her!

2003 Triumph Bonneville (Goodwood green with gold inlay)

2006 Fusion White Speed Triple (SOLD)

In A Land Far Far Far Away Lifetime Supporter

Go to Home-Depot and in there screw Isle they sell magnets get a nice big flat one and epoxy it into your lower fairing, works for me, never had an issue at lights, but the draw back you gotta be careful when washing that area cause you will pick up metal shavings in that area.
    Αφροδίτη

https://www.facebook.com/dcbk.stanley

The one in the back still catching up....

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    Ha, I probably pass you on the road then! I'm off of Yale & 25 (used to be colorado & 25) and I'm usually at work in the ranch by 7 am or so.
    Lol same. Falc if your looking for someone to ride with hollar at me. Been riding for about a year and a half but will be glad to ride with you around the block or w/e your comfortable with.
    1996 VFR 750
    1997 TL1000S

Falcon,

If you'd like to hit the canyons for an hour or two, I'd be happy to take you out with a very relaxed pace and no expectations.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    Falcon,

If you'd like to hit the canyons for an hour or two, I'd be happy to take you out with a very relaxed pace and no expectations.
    Yeah, that's like level 7. I am at level 2. Maybe, next year..
    Xbox 360 :: FALCONSEYE
    PS3 :: FALCONSEYE_

AKA "Devaclis"

He's just trying to get in your chihuahua.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Maybe you could borrow Devaclis' epic mount?

Seriously though, ride your own pace but don't be afraid to push yourself out of your comfort zone sometimes!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Ya know Falcon.....83 is a great road to just build your confidence up on - particularly once you get south of Parker. It's a pretty road with the occasional curves and minimal traffic (especially during the week). I rode there all of the time when I was just starting back up from my wreck.
    ~Jess~
    2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2008 Kawi GREEN Ninja 650R

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

105 down to monument.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    He's just trying to get in your chihuahua.
    From what I heard, you are trying to get in your chihuahua, and out, and in, and out, and in.

Falcon, you can turn your bike, can't you? Riding a quick canyon at the speed limit or under would teach you a lot. Holler at me when you feel ready.
    Last edited by Zach929rr; Wed Sep 9th, 2009 at 09:32 AM.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

You can do it. When I was trying to learn how to ride a canyon (which I'm still trying), I would go out when there is little to no traffic. Saturday and Sunday mornings are great around 6-9am. No traffic and you can go under the speed limit. Most of the people on here are really helpful if they know you are starting out. Don't be shy about going out with someone for a quick ride.