Thread: anybody interested in a ride to central city?

Question anybody interested in a ride to central city?

I just talked to a buddy of mine from my old work. We will take a "quick ride" to Central City. I will be leaving around 11:15 from I25 and Colorado Blvd to meet him in Lakewood. Anybody else wants to join? Give me a call...
    Last edited by FALCONSEYE; Sat Feb 18th, 2012 at 02:01 PM.
    Xbox 360 :: FALCONSEYE
    PS3 :: FALCONSEYE_

Re: anybody interested in a ride to central city?

Wow, It was fun. Is that what you call canyon carving? I got nervous moments. Trying to keep up with a much more experienced guy and the jeep behind me didn't help either. I think I saw at least 100 riders out there. Sorry, if I didn't greet you, it was because I was holding tight.

Need to edit the video and post it over here. I couldn't believe my eyes how far we were leaning.

Quote Originally Posted by FALCONSEYE View Post
    Wow, It was fun. Is that what you call canyon carving? I got nervous moments. Trying to keep up with a much more experienced guy and the jeep behind me didn't help either. I think I saw at least 100 riders out there. Sorry, if I didn't greet you, it was because I was holding tight.

Need to edit the video and post it over here. I couldn't believe my eyes how far we were leaning.
    I know you're working on it, ride your own ride. Go at a speed where you feel in total control. It's common for newbies to be pressured to keep up or be too concerned with cars behind. Relax and go your own pace. Glad you got a taste of the twisties.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Is that what you call canyon carving?
    Well, that kinda depends on which roads ya took! If it was 25 to 70...then no, I wouldn't call it canyon carving, but if you took squaw pass through Idaho Springs to Central City Pkwy, than hells yeah!

Glad you had fun mang!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

I have to ask him what route we took. We were on 6 to Golden, than took a "left" and it was a two lane road. It was impossible to see more than 20 ft on some of the turns. There were couple 360 turns. We stopped at a cemetery. I took some pix. Hope to post it here soon. Oh well, anybody wanna ride this coming Sunday?

Congrats man! It sounds like twisty's to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    ride your own ride. Go at a speed where you feel in total control.
    This is the best advise you can get. Don't worry about keeping up and don't worry about the jeep behind you. If they want to get by you, they will.

I have to ask him what route we took. We were on 6 to Golden, than took a "left" and it was a two lane road. It was impossible to see more than 20 ft on some of the turns. There were couple 360 turns. We stopped at a cemetery. I took some pix. Hope to post it here soon. Oh well, anybody wanna ride this coming Sunday?
    When you feel more comfortable try the I-70 route,

I took I25 to the 6th going up there. I25 is a challenge for me. I felt much more comfortable on 6th. It's probably because of the awesome asphalt and less traffic. On my way back, I was facing a very strong wind on 6th. So, I ended up getting off at Federal and taking side roads back to home.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    Well, that kinda depends on which roads ya took! If it was 25 to 70...then no, I wouldn't call it canyon carving, but if you took squaw pass through Idaho Springs to Central City Pkwy, than hells yeah!

Glad you had fun mang!

This is what he said:
    we took hwy 6 to hwy 46(golden gate canyon), left on hwy 119(peak to peak highway),left on hwy 6(clear creek canyon) back to golden.

Let's do this on Saturday. Anybody?