Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: *** The Photography Thread ***

Wonderland, chasing the white rabbit.....

Re: *** The Photography Thread ***

lol, slackers!
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    "Saw It, Wanted It, Had a Fit, Got it!"
    1998 Grand Cherokee ~ 4.5" lift on 33's
    The Poserific Mall Crawler
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

So I hope someone could help me out on here. I am going to be doing a photo shoot for Snowboard Colorado for my company, and would love to get a picture with downtown and the mountains in the same picture. Does anybody know of where at in Denver this can be achieved? Thanks in advance and by the way all your pictures on here are amazing

New York's highest point...

Quote Originally Posted by slim775124 View Post
    So I hope someone could help me out on here. I am going to be doing a photo shoot for Snowboard Colorado for my company, and would love to get a picture with downtown and the mountains in the same picture. Does anybody know of where at in Denver this can be achieved? Thanks in advance and by the way all your pictures on here are amazing
    Maybe should shoot from a roof of tall condo building in downtown somewhere...

are you wanting action snowboard shots and downtown at the same time? You may have to wait untill some serious snow dumps and do a stairgap or something, that would be pretty rad.
    -Travis-

Quote Originally Posted by spdu4ia View Post
    are you wanting action snowboard shots and downtown at the same time? You may have to wait untill some serious snow dumps and do a stairgap or something, that would be pretty rad.
    Not for the first one, just looking for a spot that shows both downtown and the mountains. Some people said City park golf course but I don't know how they would feel setting up a photo shoot on there course haha. The shot your talking about would look awesome and I'll try and set that up later. I am doing 6 months worth of ads so changing them up every month would be pretty sweet.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

City Park, just behind the Nature & Science building. REALLY good shot of it from their deck, but I don't think they'd allow a photoshoot there.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    City Park, just behind the Nature & Science building. REALLY good shot of it from their deck, but I don't think they'd allow a photoshoot there.
    hmmm maybe we could sneak one in on a sunday or something haha. I'm sure there is a public place where you can see both. Just gotta drive around and find it

Those were some awesome pics of around denver. Good job.

Hey Slim775124. Last year at the milehigh big jump show they had downtown they had shots of the jumps that were taken from the capital building and had the mountains in the background. Pretty sweet pics too. Might wanna check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Scatterbrain View Post
    Hey Slim775124. Last year at the milehigh big jump show they had downtown they had shots of the jumps that were taken from the capital building and had the mountains in the background. Pretty sweet pics too. Might wanna check that out.
    Awesome, we were gonna just start driving around and looking haha. I guess we'll start there and see if thats what were looking for. Thank you

hmmm maybe we could sneak one in on a sunday or something haha. I'm sure there is a public place where you can see both. Just gotta drive around and find it
    +1

Location scouting can be a chore and a hassle, but can really pay dividends. Start by thinking about locations you KNOW will have a good view... so already you know you'll be searching East. Then hit up some Google Images of shots you like, and try to use info available in the image to uncover the location... http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1...w=1280&bih=909

Next, think about topography, or even use a USGS topo map to scope areas that may have good sitelines. I'd hit up the easy targets first... Five Points, Whittier, Cap Hill, Cheesman Park, Uptown... then move further east if you don't score anything there. Maybe Park Hill, Glendale, Cherry Creek, etc.

Best of luck - sounds like a fun, yet challenging shoot!

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeDude View Post
    +1

Location scouting can be a chore and a hassle, but can really pay dividends. Start by thinking about locations you KNOW will have a good view... so already you know you'll be searching East. Then hit up some Google Images of shots you like, and try to use info available in the image to uncover the location... http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1...w=1280&bih=909

Next, think about topography, or even use a USGS topo map to scope areas that may have good sitelines. I'd hit up the easy targets first... Five Points, Whittier, Cap Hill, Cheesman Park, Uptown... then move further east if you don't score anything there. Maybe Park Hill, Glendale, Cherry Creek, etc.

Best of luck - sounds like a fun, yet challenging shoot!
    awesome thank you, those are all amazing places to start. I was even thinking of just hitting up look out mountain. We'll see, I'm sure over the next couple weeks we will hit a lot of spots so I will for sure post the best one in my eyes haha.

New camera delivers tomorrow!
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Yea, but it's a Nikon. So who cares?????

just kidding. now go out and shoot with that sickness!!!!

Well? I don't see no pictures!
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeDude View Post
    Yea, but it's a Nikon. So who cares?????
    So true!

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    Well? I don't see no pictures!
    I don't see no camera! UPS shows up at the house around 12, so I'll be heading that way at lunch.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Here's some pictures of the camera from the guy that I bought it from.

Chadwick
    MRA #825

WAHOO!
    -Travis-

Awesome, I just bought a D7000 myself, loving the high iso performance and the 6fps burst mode.
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Old vs New
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    Awesome, I just bought a D7000 myself, loving the high iso performance and the 6fps burst mode.
    Pics! Or it didn't happen!
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Pics! Or it didn't happen!
    Well.. the sharpness is awesome:

(seems the forum or Flickr software compressed it a bit, but the original is sharp as a tack)
    my Facebook, SpeedShots