Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 253233343536 LastLast

Thread: *** The Photography Thread ***

Re: *** The Photography Thread ***

Quote Originally Posted by WolFeYeZ View Post
    Here are some of my first attempts with my new T3. And some others, messing with overexposure mostly: https://picasaweb.google.com/1103741...eat=directlink
    Awesome shots man. Thanks for new additions to my screensaver, woot!

I'm down for any night session too as long as it isn't freezing, heh. I'm a n0ob like Damir when it comes to night shooting. Need help with my T2i.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Word on the street is there will be a super moon on the 25th.

I would love to go out with some people and learn tricks and tips for moon shots....

"Don't hate me because I'm Beautiful, hate me because I'm better than you, better yet, hate me because I'm fuckin bad ass!!!"

Came here for the nudes.... was disappointed!

Here is my latest pic of the Tetons

"Don't hate me because I'm Beautiful, hate me because I'm better than you, better yet, hate me because I'm fuckin bad ass!!!"

I moved to SLC, Utah. Mountains are not as good as in CO. I miss Left Hand... but here are some new pics shot this year.

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by deadline View Post
    I moved to SLC, Utah. Mountains are not as good as in CO. I miss Left Hand... but here are some new pics shot this year.
    Which canyons have you ridden so far? I'm from Utah, and know numerous roads that I wish I could have taken on 2 wheels. But I didn't start riding until I moved here. Have you taken American Fork Canyon up and over the Alpine Scenic Route? I was able to ride Wolf Creek Pass, UT-35, this summer and had an absolute blast, especially because it had almost no traffic. Other canyons I would try, if you haven't already, would be Millcreek Canyon, Little and Big Cottonwood Canyons, Immigration Canyon, definitely go down to the Utah Valley and try out American Fork Canyon if you haven't already. The Utah Sportbike Association is a good place to start as well, if you haven't already. http://www.utahsba.com/

I like the pics, but I'm surprised to not see any of Mount Timpanogos, or any pics of the Wasatch Front. I may be biased, but nothing I've seen from Denver or the Springs holds a candle to the mountain ranges ringing the Salt Lake, and Utah Valleys. They're just so close, it's hard not to notice them. The really sucky thing about SLC is the inversion and pollution cloud in the winter. It burns your eyes! That said, I will agree that once you are up in the Front Range, the vistas easily dwarf anything the Wasatch Front has to offer, but still, my particular favorite view is the one you get on the North-East face of Mount Timpanogos.

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
    Which canyons have you ridden so far? I'm from Utah, and know numerous roads that I wish I could have taken on 2 wheels. But I didn't start riding until I moved here. Have you taken American Fork Canyon up and over the Alpine Scenic Route? I was able to ride Wolf Creek Pass, UT-35, this summer and had an absolute blast, especially because it had almost no traffic. Other canyons I would try, if you haven't already, would be Millcreek Canyon, Little and Big Cottonwood Canyons, Immigration Canyon, definitely go down to the Utah Valley and try out American Fork Canyon if you haven't already. The Utah Sportbike Association is a good place to start as well, if you haven't already. http://www.utahsba.com/

I like the pics, but I'm surprised to not see any of Mount Timpanogos, or any pics of the Wasatch Front. I may be biased, but nothing I've seen from Denver or the Springs holds a candle to the mountain ranges ringing the Salt Lake, and Utah Valleys. They're just so close, it's hard not to notice them. The really sucky thing about SLC is the inversion and pollution cloud in the winter. It burns your eyes! That said, I will agree that once you are up in the Front Range, the vistas easily dwarf anything the Wasatch Front has to offer, but still, my particular favorite view is the one you get on the North-East face of Mount Timpanogos.
    Had moved the bike over end of the last riding season so only been to Immigration Canyon and Big and Small Cattons(but i don't like the fact that they are one ways)
    I don't like to shoot something that everyone had seen before. its always good to put ur own spin on it, but not my priority to do so.

Here are some new shots from me taken with my new lens!

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Generic's Avatar

Beautiful, thank you for not taking the HDR processing too far, those look really good.

Surprised I have not seen a photographer out on Deckers loop or other popular riding areas sitting in the corners taking action shots. Heard of a few places around the country where photographers sat at popular spots and took action shots then sell the prints.
    Mike
    USAF
    '10 Kawasaki Z1000

I could care less about the type of motorcycle or brand, as long as it gets me to my destination with a smile on my face.

There used to be someone who took shots on one of the corners between Deckers and Woodland Park. Haven't been there for years though.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by deadline View Post
    Had moved the bike over end of the last riding season so only been to Immigration Canyon and Big and Small Cattons(but i don't like the fact that they are one ways)
    I don't like to shoot something that everyone had seen before. its always good to put ur own spin on it, but not my priority to do so.
    I'd definitely recommend taking a trip into the Alpine Scenic Loop. Sadly, it usually doesn't open until late spring, but the views are absolutely worth it. It is pretty twisty, and narrow in places, but you are smack dab in one of the largest Aspen groves in the country. It's beautiful. It might also be worthwhile to hit Timpanogos Cave if you take American Fork Canyon. It is on the way as you go to the loop. Those are some beautiful shots btw.

I am back. Here is more of Utah from my view point!

This is Utah Salt Flats...

Utah Arches National Park

We were just there a couple of weeks ago!

When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

I done went and got me one of them fancy cameras.....I took photography back in highschool and the basics were easy to pick back up but man these new DSLR's are intense!!!