Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hate typing on those tiny phones???

Hate typing on those tiny phones???

Holy cow, this looks TEDIOUS!!!

I imagine that it could work for newer generations that are just learning to type anyway...but who in the world wants to learn to type all over again?

http://www.the8pen.com/
    ~Jess~
    2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2008 Kawi GREEN Ninja 650R

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

Re: Hate typing on those tiny phones???

That's a real departure from the norm.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Swype FTW.

[/thread]
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Swype FTW.

[/thread]
    +1000

I don't even have to know how to spell words exactly.

8Pen reminds me of the stylus "writing" that the original Palms used.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

new = scary

it looks interesting to me and I'd be willing to give it a shot. Thanks for the link. I see how that could be faster and make fewer mistakes.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Just like switching phones, takes some getting used to. I think it looks pretty cool.

I might give it a try when they release it for droid 2.2 since it's just an app.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

If you try out a few words based on the second character-layout, it's actually very easy to write with. This might be the app that makes me move to Android.

iPadG3 +text+email= never talking to anyone on a phone again.
    Now if I could fit an iPad in my pocket I'd be set.

Swype FTMFW! Got a droid 2 today which has it preinstalled and its awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by PoweredMotives View Post
    Swype FTMFW! Got a droid 2 today which has it preinstalled and its awesome!
    Yup, I got the Drod 2 on Thu and I'm already texting like mad with swype...pretty cool stuff!
    ~Jess~

Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

No
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by = Buckeye Jess = View Post
    Yup, I got the Drod 2 on Thu and I'm already texting like mad with swype...pretty cool stuff!
    How do you like it? I picked up the Droid X last week. Think I'm gonna regret it.

Oh really? Why do you think you'll regret it? I was teetering on the fence on X vs 2, but I ended up getting the 2 for free - so that took care of the decision for me! lol
    I really am enjoying it and have found that I only used the physical keyboard the first day or two and then one time since then. I do miss some of the SU like capabilities that I had with my Blackberry, but the overall experience is vastly improved. I may end up rooting the phone in order to regain some of the control I'm used to with Berry, but we will see.
    ~Jess~

Oh really? Why do you think you'll regret it? I was teetering on the fence on X vs 2, but I ended up getting the 2 for free - so that took care of the decision for me! lol
    I really am enjoying it and have found that I only used the physical keyboard the first day or two and then one time since then. I do miss some of the SU like capabilities that I had with my Blackberry, but the overall experience is vastly improved. I may end up rooting the phone in order to regain some of the control I'm used to with Berry, but we will see.
    I was with Tmobile for years. I upgraded to the HTC G2 and the hinge dealy felt cheap and I never used the physical keyboard. So I sent it back and switched to verizon. Got the X for 70 bucks and a healthy corporate discount. The X just seems very sluggish. More bloatware. Its got Froyo, but it just doesnt seem as fluid as the G2. Verizon's internet speeds are a lot slower than Tmobiles new HSPA "4g" too.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    I was with Tmobile for years. I upgraded to the HTC G2 and the hinge dealy felt cheap and I never used the physical keyboard. So I sent it back and switched to verizon. Got the X for 70 bucks and a healthy corporate discount. The X just seems very sluggish. More bloatware. Its got Froyo, but it just doesnt seem as fluid as the G2. Verizon's internet speeds are a lot slower than Tmobiles new HSPA "4g" too.
    Ah... well it all comes down to personal preference and where you are coming from. I was on a Blackberry on AT&T and Verizon's D2 is kicking the pants off of it comparatively! lol
    ~Jess~

Ah... well it all comes down to personal preference and where you are coming from. I was on a Blackberry on AT&T and Verizon's D2 is kicking the pants off of it comparatively! lol
    Werd. For the price, I really shouldnt be complaining. We need a favorite app thread. I've only found a couple that I've actualy downloaded.

Switched to an HTC EVO 4G when they first came out, and I absolutely loathe the touchpad as my fat fingers mis-key more than they hit right, and the "prediction" sucks.

I may have to look into Swype or this...or go get something like the Samsung Epic with an actual keyboard...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

I have the HTC Touch Pro 2 and the QWERTY keyboard is great and pretty big, so never have issues.

I challenge all swype users to a speed contest
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    I have the HTC Touch Pro 2 and the QWERTY keyboard is great and pretty big, so never have issues.

I challenge all swype users to a speed contest
    You win. This is one race I won't even attempt.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    How do you like it? I picked up the Droid X last week. Think I'm gonna regret it.
    10x better than the OG Droid. And I liked that one. Someone decided they wanted it more than I did so the new one was forced on me lol.
    And for the Android phones "Advanced Task Killer" is an absolute must if you dont have it.

Quote Originally Posted by PoweredMotives View Post
    10x better than the OG Droid. And I liked that one. Someone decided they wanted it more than I did so the new one was forced on me lol.
    And for the Android phones "Advanced Task Killer" is an absolute must if you dont have it.
    Yeah I have task killer. Tesla LED is a pretty cool flashlight app. Only other ones I've downloaded are Out Of Milk and Super Mario sounds

Damn, that swype thingy is slick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ-RAefCG_c
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

For anybody that was interested in this app, it has been updated with a lot of bug fixes and is now free!
    http://www.androidcentral.com/8pen-k...dated-now-free
    ~Jess~