Thread: Helmet style?

Helmet style?

What do you guys prefer? Street full face? Dirt with goggles? Hybrid/supermoto? I was thinking street style for strictly street days and dirt with goggles for mixed days. Just curious.
    2006 Triumph Daytona 675-Track Only For Me!

Re: Helmet style?

I wear the MX with goggles all the time. Only downsides to me are that the nose guard on the goggles inst quick big enough, so if you are doing a good clip down dirt road behind somebody, you can get continuously pegged in the lips by pebbles and shit. And it can be a bit chilly around this time of yeah, but a balaclava really helps with that.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Depends on what I am doing, but I have a MX helmet with goggles and an "Enduro" style which is basically a MX helmet with a flip up face shield, like a full face street helmet, then of course a couple full face street helmets. For most of the dirt applications, the Enduro helmet works awesome, unless it is really dusty, then it is MX helmet and goggles.

There's no place like home............

Quote Originally Posted by dallas View Post
    Depends on what I am doing, but I have a MX helmet with goggles and an "Enduro" style which is basically a MX helmet with a flip up face shield, like a full face street helmet, then of course a couple full face street helmets. For most of the dirt applications, the Enduro helmet works awesome, unless it is really dusty, then it is MX helmet and goggles.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

What are some things to look for in a MX helmet and goggles? Brands? Thanks!

I don't know much about it, but I've been checking these out. http://www.rideicon.com/product_deta...=3427&id=12187
    C. Smith

Scorpion VX-17. Fit me awesome, didn't have much trouble with pebbles in the face like Zach was talking about. I'd still be wearing it if the IMI pavement hadn't autographed it. FWIW, I REALLY racked my head in that highside and never got so much as a headache, sorespot, or anything. I'll be replacing it with another.

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

I love the purpose build DS helmets.
    I had been using an Arai XD since they came out 6-8 years ago.
    Since then I just picked up a slightly used Shoei Hornet DS. As my head is a Shoei shape it fits better as I had to preshape the Arai for no pressure spots. I really like the shield with the visor. Good up to 80 or so then the visor starts to pull back due to catching the wind. I cant stand goggles, I feel clastraphobic wearing then and have always just used a pair of wrap style shades. Lately a few other helmet manufactors have jumped on the DS bandwagon, including some decent examples from AFX, rebranded Polaris, Icon, Joe Rocket, and the popular but pricier Arai XD3 and Shoai Hornet DS.
    Check'um out.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Thanks guys. Im a Scorpion fan as well brennahm, Ive been looking at those.

I wear the ICON VARIANT I like it but I also have a mx helmet for motocross. But for Supermoto style I wear the icon.

I just wear thongs. Oh, were we talking about helmets?

For Commuting and Riding TO/Around Trails...
    AFX FX-37
    It's Comfy, Dirt Cheap, and you can throw on goggles once you've ridden to the trail and need more airflow. I've had mine for 2 years and still like it.

For Racing and Riding trails (that I've Driven To)...

Good Ol' Fashioned HJC Dirt helmet with goggles.

DO NOT Commute in a dirt helmet, I've been caught in 2 hailstorms, and have been hit by way too many microscopic rocks and bugs on the tip of my nose to ever make that mistake(s) again.

Last edited by modette99; Mon Nov 7th, 2011 at 05:02 PM.

For Commuting and Riding TO/Around Trails...
    AFX FX-37

If dust is a problem, you can always remove the visor and wear goggles.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...