Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTF people...

WTF people...

Earlier today my sister was driving along here in the Springs, doing the limit, going through a green (solid) light.
    Chick (looks to be either military or military wife) ran the red doing over the limit right in front of my sister.
    So my sister's 96 Grand Cherokee smacks that chick's rear bumper, tears off the front of the Jeep, ROLLS the freaking Ranger, and
    NOBODY FUCKING STOPS

This was on Cache la Poudre and Weber in Colorado Springs. NOT a rarely traveled street, and I guarantee at least two or three people saw it. There was just a fucking rollover, the front of a Jeep is torn off, what the fuck else has to happen before somebody stops to ask if everyone's ok???

Oh, and she had just gotten back from getting some dentistry work, was driving home from the office, where apparently she was put under to be worked on. So because she didn't feel like calling a friend to pick her up she totaled two vehicles.

/Rant

Re: WTF people...

That is messed up.
    http://www.rapidfirebunker.com
    $15 FFL TRANSFERS. $15 Private Transfers
    Emergency Preparedness Store, Survival BULK Food, knives, Guns, Ammo, FREEDOM

That sucks. My wife got hit by the Jeep the other day. Thankfully it wasn't bad, just $1500 of damage to the side fender. Basically the same thing, wife was travelling through an intersection, Jeep couldn't wait and turned left into the side of her, and then tried to blame it on my wife. I mean, wife was going straight, FRONT of Jeep impacts SIDE of wife's Neon. The woman's excuse was "she made a lane change in the intersection!" I mean, wtf?

On a side note, she likely wasn't military (POSSIBLY a spouse, but unlikely) because whenever they put you under they FORCE you to bring a designated driver, that driver has to sign you in, and wait through the duration, or they won't do the surgery. Trust me, been under a few times. (Wisdom teeth, hernia surgery, sinus surgery...)

*edit*
    In my wife's case, it was later, less traffic, but still nobody stopped.
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR
    '11 Suzuki V-Strom DL-650 *SOLD*
    '07 Aprilia RSV R Factory *SOLD*

It is people in general being self-centered.

Two springs ago I got taken out in rush hour traffic while on the motorcycle. Dude left turned into me with wall to wall traffic at Fountain and Powers. Traffic all stopped as me and my bike were all over the intersection and it took a long time before a soldier got out and helped me (I was in uniform) pick my 700 pound bike up and drag my carcass to the shoulder.

Not one other person did squat.

John

So turns out the woman wasn't put under, she just plain wasn't paying attention...
    Didn't see my sister even up to the moment my sister smacked her rear quarter panel...
    Thankfully my sister is fine, and it seems the other woman will be, but just wow...

I got in an accident in chicago and it took a good five mins before the traffic stopped around had someone step out and ask questions. I'm not sure if it was my own 911 calll that got EMS on the spot.
    2006 DRZ SM
    2003 RIZLA GSX-R 1000 (sold)
    2008 R6

I never stop for accidents anymore unless I think the person may be injured. I was a witness for one accident and got hounded for 2 years by insurance adjusters making me repeat the whole stupid story.

I would rather drive by than waste my time for 2 years.

if others are already stopped...I'll pass on by, but if i am the first one there I'll stop...I'm glad your sis is alright

that bus driver ran the red light. Video showed she wasn't distracted, the red just didn't register in her brain.

I know in the years I've been driving, and the hundreds of thousands of miles, there's been a stop sign or two where I went, "oh shit, WTF, didn't notice, oops."

Glad your sis is ok, surprised no one bothered to stop, crazy shit happens.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

that really sucks man! i hope everything pans out alright.
    when i was 19 i wrecked my motorcycle. 2am, just got off work. 1/4 mile from home. started to ran so i ducked behind my windscreen and gave it some gas. got up to around 95mph and hit a pit bull. slid 300 feet. (my dad measured the next morning). when i woke up i was in a ditch with the bike on my legs. i checked myself out while laying on my back and no broken bones, pushed the bike off my legs. i looked to my left and saw really bright lights. i thought to myself holy shit! the (seeing the light) thing is true. so i pulled out my cigarettes and lit 1 up thinking what hell would be like. and then VROOM! the bastard just kept on driving. its not like you couldnt miss the headlight and taillights shining from the side of the road. i manage to stand up. and hop to the closest house door, about 15 meters away. and knocked on the door. a guy answered and saw me barely standing and immediatly slammed the door in my face. he wouldnt open the door again. so i walked over to the neighbors house and they hooked me up with calling my folks.

what kind of person does it take to see someone on there front porche completly fucked up blood all over there body asking for help and yet still not think twice about shutting the door and going back to bed.
    the cop that did the report on the wreck even asked the man about the situation and the homeowner just said he thought i was a crackhead or something.
    Rooster

1- glad ur sis is doing well, I hope she is all good from the crash
    2-sue sue sue!

Quote Originally Posted by vort3xr6 View Post
    I never stop for accidents anymore unless I think the person may be injured. I was a witness for one accident and got hounded for 2 years by insurance adjusters making me repeat the whole stupid story.

I would rather drive by than waste my time for 2 years.
    Considering one vehicle rolled the fuck over and the other had a front clip torn off (grille, bumper cover, hit hard enough to push the radiator into the fan clutch, headlights, turn signals, etc) it seems to me injuries are likely, especially since my sister went to the ER tonight after the adrenaline wore off complaining of extreme pain near her rotator cuff.

And yes I do think that's fucked up of you. I've had the same thing happen but I still stop every time I see an accident just to make sure people are ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrider View Post
    Considering one vehicle rolled the fuck over and the other had a front clip torn off (grille, bumper cover, hit hard enough to push the radiator into the fan clutch, headlights, turn signals, etc) it seems to me injuries are likely, especially since my sister went to the ER tonight after the adrenaline wore off complaining of extreme pain near her rotator cuff.

And yes I do think that's fucked up of you. I've had the same thing happen but I still stop every time I see an accident just to make sure people are ok.

I am not an EMT, I have no idea how to do CPR, and I can't put a fire out. The most effective thing I can do in this type of situation is to call 911 and GTFO. I add no positive influence to the situation other than having a working cell phone.

If I was an EMT, and I witnessed an accident, it would be awful of me not to stop and use my resources.

Quote Originally Posted by mutantsquirl View Post
    that really sucks man! i hope everything pans out alright.
    when i was 19 i wrecked my motorcycle. 2am, just got off work. 1/4 mile from home. started to ran so i ducked behind my windscreen and gave it some gas. got up to around 95mph and hit a pit bull. slid 300 feet. (my dad measured the next morning). when i woke up i was in a ditch with the bike on my legs. i checked myself out while laying on my back and no broken bones, pushed the bike off my legs. i looked to my left and saw really bright lights. i thought to myself holy shit! the (seeing the light) thing is true. so i pulled out my cigarettes and lit 1 up thinking what hell would be like. and then VROOM! the bastard just kept on driving. its not like you couldnt miss the headlight and taillights shining from the side of the road. i manage to stand up. and hop to the closest house door, about 15 meters away. and knocked on the door. a guy answered and saw me barely standing and immediatly slammed the door in my face. he wouldnt open the door again. so i walked over to the neighbors house and they hooked me up with calling my folks.

what kind of person does it take to see someone on there front porche completly fucked up blood all over there body asking for help and yet still not think twice about shutting the door and going back to bed.
    the cop that did the report on the wreck even asked the man about the situation and the homeowner just said he thought i was a crackhead or something.
    So did YOU check on the Pitbull you hit?
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vort3xr6 View Post
    I am not an EMT, I have no idea how to do CPR, and I can't put a fire out. The most effective thing I can do in this type of situation is to call 911 and GTFO. I add no positive influence to the situation other than having a working cell phone.

If I was an EMT, and I witnessed an accident, it would be awful of me not to stop and use my resources.
    Actually it'd be illegal IIRC.

That's my point though, at least stop and make the call, check to see if someone is alright. The Ranger that the other chick was in rolled clear over and landed back on it's wheels. There were two other cars stopped at the light she blew through and both went on their merry way...

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    So did YOU check on the Pitbull you hit?
    i did actually. cause i didnt know what i hit and there are allot of bobcats where im from. so at first i just hit 1 and there were more around. so i literally ripped the headlight out and used it as a flashlight to look around while i was waiting for my parents. and i saw that it was a dog, it was laying dead in the middle of the road about 15 meters ahead of me.
    Rooster

Quote Originally Posted by mutantsquirl View Post
    i did actually. cause i didnt know what i hit and there are allot of bobcats where im from. so at first i just hit 1 and there were more around. so i literally ripped the headlight out and used it as a flashlight to look around while i was waiting for my parents. and i saw that it was a dog, it was laying dead in the middle of the road about 15 meters ahead of me.
    At least you checked...poor doggy
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

I will stop, and sometimes even if it looks like there is plenty of help there can be something you can do. I came across a bike down south of Deckers, there were already a couple bikes and a couple cars stopped. I stopped anyway and found out there was no cell service so I flew down the road until I could get signal and called 911. While I was on the side of the road another bike stopped and asked if I had signal. After calling I went back and told them help was on the way and took off.

I think there's a lot of reasons people don't stop. IMO, part of it is our society's aversion to people in general. Think about how we were brought up: "Don't talk to strangers". Over and over again, we were, and kids are still told this simple phrase. It leads us to mistrust everyone, even if their vehicle just flipped over 10000000 times.

When was the last time you saw someone stranded on the side of the road, asking for help, and you considered the idea that this person might kill you and steal your vehicle when you pull over? It seems selfish, but what is more important? Is it more important that I stay alive, or that I stop and see if this guy is ok and take the risk? It's easier to opt for safety and convenience.

I know that any accident I've been in (every one has been someone else's fault), the other people become upset and start yelling. Funny that the person at fault, is the one yelling. I've always been the one to run up and ask if everyone is alright, because hey, it's just a car. Why would I want to subject myself to that bullshit if it's not even my accident?

But really, if I saw an accident, and saw how it occurred, there's no way in hell I'm not going to stop and give my statement, and call 911. Even if hassled for 2 years, that statement of mine could lead to a case being prosecuted correctly, and the innocent receiving the treatment and replacement car they deserve. But for absolutely no body to stop, seems very odd.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

[QUOTE=Wrider;537800]Actually it'd be illegal IIRC.

QUOTE]

In CO there is not a "duty to act" law, so it would not be illegal
    Firefighters find them hot, leave them wet

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    At least you checked...poor doggy
    yeah it was pretty sad. apparently he had gotten loose from his chain that night and was running around on the roads. the owner was actually a guy that lived about a mile away and tried to sue me for killing his dog. i countered and made him pay for my medical bills and a new bike. i havent seen a dime yet.
    but it was still a dick move to sue someone for hitting your "loose" dog.
    Rooster

I have had the same problem before. Last year I rolled my car on C-470, and could do nothing but watch and cuss as people continually drove past. After about a half an hour I came down from the adrenaline rush enough to look for my phone. Too bad the screen was cracked to much to use haha. But thanks to helpful Colorado drivers I only had to wait 45 minutes more until a cop drove by and saw me.
    To the best of my recollection, I must recall on my memory, I cannot remember.

Gold Member

I stop. But I drive a tow truck.

People don't want to stop because heaven forbid, they will actually have to interact with another living human being. actually talking..*shudder*
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...