Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steeles Cycles

Steeles Cycles

Looked at a couple of bikes at their englewood location, will probably check out windsor tomorrow. Anyone know of them? bought a bike or parts?
    Would like feedback both + and -
    Thanks.
    Whatdja learn?

Re: Steeles Cycles

Quote Originally Posted by Ol'Skool View Post
    Looked at a couple of bikes at their englewood location, will probably check out windsor tomorrow. Anyone know of them? bought a bike or parts?
    Would like feedback both + and -
    Thanks.

PM Smitty, he's been out there a couple times recently
    Last edited by Reyven; Fri Jan 21st, 2011 at 06:55 AM.

Treated me like shit the only time I went there. Whole place can take a flying fuck in a rolling donut. I've heard pretty similar stories from most folks who have had the misfortune to end up there.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Bought a brake disc and rearsets for the race bike there last year. I got the feeling they were making a great sacrifice from watching their Nascar or picking their nose to come help me out. That and unless you kind of know what the going prices for parts are on eBay or CL, they will overcharge you.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Not even that will help. I asked them to be semi-competitive. They told me if I found it cheaper on eBay then I should stop wasting their time and leave.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

I’ve had better exp there back when Rick Steele was the owner. It is a salvage yard and their attitude is take it or leave it. Buying a bike there may be different then the salvage side.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

I got a really good deal on my Ninja there with little hassle. Of course, the guy I dealt with was gone by the time I went back to get the rest of the paperwork a few weeks later. They were a little shady on giving me the total cost, but I got a good deal on the bike and they didn't give me any crap.
    CEO, Angry Marmot Motorsports
    07 Passion Red Kawi 650R

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    Treated me like shit the only time I went there. Whole place can take a flying fuck in a rolling donut. I've heard pretty similar stories from most folks who have had the misfortune to end up there.
    this
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    I couldn't have said it better. If you search the forum, there's still a thread here where someone tells the story about how they sent his wife away in tears. I've had bad experiences there myself and I won't give them another dime. There's plenty of places I can get used parts from without resorting to him. Same with bikes.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

They totally could care less about customer service, but they have been able to get me hard-to-find parts when I have been in a jam, at decent prices.

I heard that they are under new management, and that they have started cleaning up the shop, so maybe this will make things a little better.

I would rather go elsewhere, but I would go to them if I was in a pinch, and they had what I looking for.

Sometimes you have no choice, like you need an original '73 Honda signal switch housing to match your starter switch. Then they let you scrounge around all afternoon .. after that they treat you like shit.
    Last edited by asp_125; Fri Jan 21st, 2011 at 07:59 AM.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

they should rename the place Dick's Last Resort
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

More like "Cock Juggling Thunder Cunt's Motorcycle Parts & Emporium"
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

I've bought quite a few parts from them and had no problems doing it. I've gotten prices that have been comparable to what I've found on the internet. The only person that I've dealt with there is Randy though. Grated he doesn't smile much but I haven't had a problem dealing with him.
    “The knack of flying is in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

Speedin' Motorsports
    Sol Performance - Pirelli

probably depends on whether they are going through withdrawals or not. If the latest shipment came in, they're probably in a great mood and treat people real well.

1999 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    they should rename the place Dick's Last Resort

haha i used to love going to that place when i was stationed in cali, but i brought my mom there once and didnt tell her about the whole thing, she was afraid to order lol
    -Eugene-

2007 black hayabusa touring beast
    2003 KTM 525sx/exc hybrid
    2002 black and blue hayabusa- (SOLD)
    2000 ZX7R STREETFIGHTER-(SOLD)

probably depends on whether they are going through withdrawals or not. If the latest shipment came in, they're probably in a great mood and treat people real well.

This

bunch a meth heads

The Best Ride could be the next ride

I brought all my shoes and all my glasses so I would have them

A junk yard that thinks it sells gold. I'm w/ the majority here...the place blows, don't waste your time.
    ~Travis~
    It's okay...I'm a Doctor.
    Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
    Everybody on CSC knows everything
    2003 GSX-R600 - Former Love
    2003 Kawasaki ZX6R - Former Love
    1999 Suzuki TL1000R - Former Love
    2004 DRZ400E - New Dirty
    2002 KFX 650 - Quad

I disagree.

Steeles is the only place that people go out of their way to make sure everyone knows how shitty they are. You can look at any other of the 100's of shops and dealings people have with them. Plenty of posts where people might say, "not my favorite place but they haven't outright screwed me."

Steeles, folks foam at the mouth at the opportunity to share their opinions. I think that says something.

1999 DR650SE

After all this I almost want to stop by to just see what all the fuss is about.
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR
    '11 Suzuki V-Strom DL-650 *SOLD*
    '07 Aprilia RSV R Factory *SOLD*

I disagree.

Steeles is the only place that people go out of their way to make sure everyone knows how shitty they are. You can look at any other of the 100's of shops and dealings people have with them. Plenty of posts where people might say, "not my favorite place but they haven't outright screwed me."

Steeles, folks foam at the mouth at the opportunity to share their opinions. I think that says something.
    ^^Agree.

poor or no customer service is one thing. It's a junk yard, I get it. I'm not looking for someone to wipe my ass and polish my sack.

Actively trying to be shitheads is another thing. I'd rather send my money to China, wait six months for a part, and then have to return it because it didn't fit, than give those knobgobblins a goddamn cent of my money for the right part that fits.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

this one is my favorite where they sent dudes wife away in tears:

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...2&postcount=21

1999 DR650SE

It was 3 or 4 years ago that the Steele's sold it. Rick and Brandon (his son) were still working there last time I dropped by a couple years ago.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

So, we went to both locations this week. The englewood store had about a dozen bikes and no one was in a hurry to help me. Very um "urban" (ghetto) environment.
    The windsor store was much larger much cleaner and greg the sales guy actualy walked us bike to bike giving us the low down and was very personable. I couldnt get him to drop the price on an FZ1 but hey, thats cool its the cheapest in town.
    Whatdja learn?