Thread: I kinda went crazy today

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Swift's Avatar

I kinda went crazy today

Brand new Sidi Adventure boots, Olympia Bonneville Jacket, and Olympia Airglide3 Pants. Grand total: somewhere in the $750 range.

3 good things about all of this are I finally have some real protection besides my helmet and gloves, I won't freeze my ass off when its cold in the mornings nor will I over heat during the day, and best of all is I don't need rain gear.

None of these items are the most "stylish" gear out there but everything fits my frame, all of it is extremely comfortable, and I now have plenty of protection. All of it is functional and every aspect of all the gear has a purpose in some way or another. Even my gloves are BMW summer gloves but they are goretex with gauntlets so they work in the cold and resist water/wind really well. Even the rubber windscreen wiper is a nice touch on my left index finger. lol

As much as I would have liked to grab an AStars leather over the bonneville, I have extremely broad shoulders so the euro cut doesn't work with me at all.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. I'll shut up now.
    2003 BMW R1150R - For Sale - PM for details
    2007 BMW 328Xi Coupe - The Cage

Re: I kinda went crazy today

Good for you, good gear is gear you wear, not hang in a closet.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

all my gear hangs in the closet

Those Sidi boots are NICE! I've been flip floping between getting those or the Gaerne Balance. You may need some conditioner or saddle grease stuff for the hinge. I hear they can squeak like a flock of geese if you don't keep them condionioned. Good pick.
    To those dead souls inching along the freeways in their metal coffins,... ..we show them that the human spirit is still alive

Hyper 1100
    KTM 450 XCW

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Swift's Avatar

I ended up having to take the Sidi's back. F%$&ing things didn't fit between my peg and shifter. Those boots are obviously made for true sport bikes because they only fit when I had crazy ankle angle going on, and even then I was having to look down to make sure I was on the shifter. NOT GOOD. Immediately put my worn out DSW bought boots back on. I think the Sidi's are gonna have to wait till I step up to an R1 or something of that nature.

Also literally just got back from an unplanned consumer test tonight. Was comfortable downtown with the weather being around the 40's while riding but as soon as I got past ridgegate pkwy down south of park meadows, holy shit. 20 degrees or so according to the bike's temp gauge. All I had on under neath my gear was boxers, an underarmor cold gear long sleeve, and a t-shirt. I was SOOOOO comfy considering the lack of clothing. Definitely recommend Olympia. As annoying as all the straps and things are on the jacket I got, damn I'm glad I had it on tonight. lol
    2003 BMW R1150R - For Sale - PM for details
    2007 BMW 328Xi Coupe - The Cage