Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motoport and bright clothing

Re: Motoport and bright clothing

Think-
    Dude you are at the Army Safety Mecca (Ft Rucker)...do some rolling burnouts down to the Safety Office and go see a crusty CW5 and get his take on this, but make sure you have your PT belt on...for Safety!!!
    2011 Ducati 848 Evo "Bautista"
    2002 Honda RC-51 "Big Boi"

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!"

Quote Originally Posted by Airreed View Post
    Think-
    Dude you are at the Army Safety Mecca (Ft Rucker)...do some rolling burnouts down to the Safety Office and go see a crusty CW5 and get his take on this, but make sure you have your PT belt on...for Safety!!!
    I was planning on organizing a stunt sesh in the parking lot of the post commander's officer.
    -Greg
    2013 BMW R1200GS

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    I was planning on organizing a stunt sesh in the parking lot of the post commander's officer.

I'll bring you a carton of cig's for your new roomate, to help ease the transition.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Honestly, I don't know if it would help or not? The only times would be good, would be for oncoming traffic (cars making left turns in front of you or at night), but otherwise people that merge into your lane, rear end you, or something else, are just not paying attention and on their phone. Personally, I like Hi Res gear, but my girlfriend says she'll leave me if I start wearing it

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    people that merge into your lane,
    Like the dumbass who tried to pin me against the pickup truck in the next lane yesterday when she suddenly decided she needed to go from the left lane to the right lane of Arapahoe (3 lanes) with me in the middle. Where was Boulder's finest? A mile or so up the road playing laser tag cash register. Public safety my ass.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

i work on buckley afb im in the army, i was told by the safety officer that if i didnt have my vest on with all the other requirements, my family wouldnt get my life insurance if i died in a crash. so i stuff my vest in my inside jacket pocket when i canyon ride, so if i wreck hope fully someone will sling it over me before the cops come. but it doesnt help people see me, in fact i seem to have more close calls coming home from work with it on then when i dont have it on.
    -Eugene-

2007 black hayabusa touring beast
    2003 KTM 525sx/exc hybrid
    2002 black and blue hayabusa- (SOLD)
    2000 ZX7R STREETFIGHTER-(SOLD)

Personally, I like Hi Res gear, but my girlfriend says she'll leave me if I start wearing it
    Hahahaha... that seems a bit extreme.
    -Greg
    2013 BMW R1200GS

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    Like the dumbass who tried to pin me against the pickup truck in the next lane yesterday when she suddenly decided she needed to go from the left lane to the right lane of Arapahoe (3 lanes) with me in the middle. Where was Boulder's finest? A mile or so up the road playing laser tag cash register. Public safety my ass.

Dirk
    Saw the same thing yesterday. They have started picking up patrols at 84th & I25 because of the construction that has started there. Even though there was absolutely no work going on there yesterday, they were still out there looking for those double construction zone fines.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    Like the dumbass who tried to pin me against the pickup truck in the next lane yesterday when she suddenly decided she needed to go from the left lane to the right lane of Arapahoe (3 lanes) with me in the middle.
    Kind of sounds like you were in her way? You should pay more attention to her needs. Didn't you get the memo that now states that 99% of Boulder drivers have the world revolve around them?

Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    Hahahaha... that seems a bit extreme.
    Yeah, sometimes I wish she wasn't a keeper!

Honestly, I don't know if it would help or not?
    It is ineffective against Priuses
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    It is ineffective against Priuses
    You're right, it wouldn't have mattered. The SFB was looking at her cell phone, not the road. I could have been wearing a pink tutu, ri-res jacket with my hair on fire and she would have never known.

Quote Originally Posted by Stthings View Post
    Hey guys and gals, I had a couple of question. Number one, does anyone have motoport gear and can they attest to its quality?
    Never tried it, but I know some people who have.

Here are 100 odd pages about Motoport:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80138

Here is a dude that had a pretty bad experience:

http://journal.drfaulken.com/motopor...cket-take-two/

Board Newbie

Yeah the people's republic of boulder is not a fun place to ride in.... unless you want to die

Update on my previous post on the vests and being in the Military. The *Official* Guideline is BRIGHT clothing during daytime hours, (I wear nothing but bright white jackets) and reflective at night, which calls for the vest.
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR
    '11 Suzuki V-Strom DL-650 *SOLD*
    '07 Aprilia RSV R Factory *SOLD*

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Update on my previous post on the vests and being in the Military. The *Official* Guideline is BRIGHT clothing during daytime hours, (I wear nothing but bright white jackets) and reflective at night, which calls for the vest.
    that is what i saw too, but the gate people had a fit when i came in with just my blue jacket, i told then it is bright, and they said yes but matches my bike so i wouldnt work?? wtf so i wear my vest over it when i ride to and from work.. so lame
    -Eugene-

2007 black hayabusa touring beast
    2003 KTM 525sx/exc hybrid
    2002 black and blue hayabusa- (SOLD)
    2000 ZX7R STREETFIGHTER-(SOLD)

Rode last night at dusk with the GoPro, and I was amazed how the day-glo yellow just stands out.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

I have 5-6 motorcycle jackets. Mostly black ones even though I think black is the dumbest color ever for motorcycle gear. It's hot and when someone does a quick "head check" to see if the lane is clear you blend in like a shadow.

I also have a "Stupid Bright" yellow jacket I bought just for commuting. I have to ride down I-70/270/I25 during rush hour traffic. The kind of traffic where you will end up in someone's blind spot no matter how hard you try not to. It's pretty obvious how much more visible I am with the yellow coat on vs the black ones. Kinda hate the coat, but have to admit you can be seen it it. Especially when people to the quicky look in the mirror, or head check before changing lanes.

Old Pic, but you get the point.

Cole
    07 R1 .....now KTM 950 ADV!!!
    07 WeeeeeeStrom!
    2x KLR650s
    www.MotumMagazine.com

I can vouch for Cole's jacket's. We work in the same building, and his entire floor glows fluorescent green when he rides his bike to work
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Board Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I can vouch for Cole's jacket's. We work in the same building, and his entire floor glows fluorescent green when he rides his bike to work
    :P haha yeah. So now the question is, does anyone have Motoport appareal?