Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Non-Harley hangout

Unhappy Non-Harley hangout

I am looking for a regular place to go that does not cater to the HD crowd in the Highlands Ranch/Littleton area.
    To quote Seinfeld, "not that there's anything wrong with that" but I am not a doctor or lawyer and I wear a helmet when I ride. (probably should wear one around the house too) LOL. I am just a hard working schlub who likes to enjoy good grub and a beer without being sneered at for not riding the right bike nor am I into the fashion show.
    My wife and I go to Platte River often, but last Sunday my Suzuki was the only non-HD/custom chopper in the place. Love the place, just tired of feeling out of place- know what I mean, Vern?
    I would love to find a place where all bikers are welcome (yes, including Harleys)
    Not trying to piss anyone off, just looking for a new hangout. Any suggestions are appreciated.
    Thanks.

Re: Non-Harley hangout

Oskar Blues in Lyons, always a mix of bikes and it is accessible from some decent riding.

I really don't have anything for you, as I really don't give a crap what bikes are there. I pulled into the Piper on my Ninja 250. Got some looks, but then again that might have just been in my head.

Most of the 'bar' scene caters to the HD crowd, as they bring in a very steady flow of revenue. I'll second Oskar Blues, as they seem to have just about every type of bike in there on a regular basis, esp sat afternoons.
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    '12 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '08 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '05 Suzuki SV1000S - Sold
    '07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 - Sold

Let me know if you find a good place, I just moved up to Lone Tree from Colorado Springs & would like a good place to hang out.
    2006 Lexus GX470
    2010 Ducati Streetfighter
    2007 Ducati M695
    1994 Yamaha TZ250 (track smoker)

Sounds like a rotating bbq (at peoples' houses) needs to be arranged...

Quote Originally Posted by brennahm View Post
    Sounds like a rotating bbq (at peoples' houses) needs to be arranged...
    I second that notion. I however, live in Murphy Creek and no one ever wants to come this far out lol.

Come hang out with us Friday nights at Alibi's! There's also off broadway/little ricci's, sunset grill and dirk's. We're in your area and we're out often
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Skip right across the street to the Old Mill Brewery (behind McD on Rapp St). Good food and excellent beer. Regular hangout for me when I lived over there.

http://www.oldmillbrewery.com/
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I have been to all of those places besides Old Mill and Alibis. The wife and I are going to try Alibis for lunch today. I guess the time of day that I go out might have something to do with the atmosphere. Most of the time, it is the business people that are there.
    Socal4life, a rotating BBQ sounds like fun. I spent last Wednseday in Cross Creek and Thursday and Friday in Murphy Creek. Not too far via the toll road.
    Thanks again for the input, hope to see some of you around.

When I lived down there, I was at Lansdowne Arms a lot. It is still a destination even though I'm way up in Westminster now.

The only place I ever stop for more than a few minutes is Deckers.
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Caldonia's in Aurora has always been a good place for sportbikes. The Harley guys go across the street. It's not HR or Littleton, but it's not that far of a ride.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    Caldonia's in Aurora has always been a good place for sportbikes. The Harley guys go across the street. It's not HR or Littleton, but it's not that far of a ride.
    That's a classic!

Couple years ago there was some racial issue or something. I don't totally recall the details. Challengers down the street has great happy hour with wings deal
    2006 DRZ SM
    2003 RIZLA GSX-R 1000 (sold)
    2008 R6

I live in the Ranch and would be up for creating a spot or taking over a spot. I like the Platte river and don't really care what other bikes are there. Next time you are heading over there just post it up and see if we can take up some of those bike parking spots. I live right next to Little Ricci's so any where in the Ranch works for me.

i say go anywhere, ive gotten crap from harley's at places and then i just tell them i bought my bike for performance, not chrome and ape hangers and that my bike has more power in first gear then there oversized lawnmowers got in any gear. normally shuts them up. one guy didnt belive me and wanted to do a quick sprint down a back road. he learned his stock 883 harley had nothing on my 1441cc stroked busa.. he said he missed a gear, i told him to get a real bike and a shirt that isnt black that has sleeves.
    -Eugene-

2007 black hayabusa touring beast
    2003 KTM 525sx/exc hybrid
    2002 black and blue hayabusa- (SOLD)
    2000 ZX7R STREETFIGHTER-(SOLD)

AKA "Devaclis"

Off Broadway Grill on Broadway and 470 (south of 470)

Dirks on University and Dry Creek

Alibis

The Shack on Mineral and Broadway

Landsdowne Arms on Highlands Ranch Parkway and Lucent
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

I've found that Harley riders need places to hang out because they spend so little time actually riding. They typically spend more time getting "the look" just right than they do in the saddle, that way they can go for a "long ride" that lasts about an hour out so. That's why you see so many 10+ year-old Harleys for sale with under 12k on the clock.

:LOL:

I asked one of my co-workers where they rode over the weekend, he said they went from Golden up to the Little Bear in Evergreen.

I've found that squids need places to hang out because they spend so little time actually riding. They typically spend more time getting "the look" just right than they do in the saddle, that way they can go for a "long ride" that lasts about an hour out so. That's why you see so many squids doing townie rides and hanging at 7-11.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post

I asked one of my co-workers where they rode over the weekend, he said they went from Golden up to the Little Bear in Evergreen.

I've found that squids need places to hang out because they spend so little time actually riding. They typically spend more time getting "the look" just right than they do in the saddle, that way they can go for a "long ride" that lasts about an hour out so. That's why you see so many squids doing townie rides and hanging at 7-11.
    Down here, the squid prefer to hang out at the Shell station on N. Academy I would've said the same for squids, but the OP mentioned Harley riders.

Golden to Evergreen, eh? That's an impressive 40-mile round trip ride!!! I'm sure they needed new tires and 3 quarts of oil afterwards!
    Last edited by CaneZach; Mon Mar 28th, 2011 at 01:02 PM.

^^ Right up there with a pirate I was talking about who rode all the way to Estes Park from Castle Rock...

Of course, they spent the night and made the return trip the next day.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

the squids up here hang out at Discount Tire and Starbucks...

They normally do an annual ride around Horsetooth... facepalm.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CaneZach View Post
    I've found that Harley riders need places to hang out because they spend so little time actually riding. They typically spend more time getting "the look" just right than they do in the saddle, that way they can go for a "long ride" that lasts about an hour out so. That's why you see so many 10+ year-old Harleys for sale with under 12k on the clock.
    Well, my bike will have lousy resale, since I put 14k on in 11 months.... Damn me and my riding
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    Sold
    Sold

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post

Well, they can't do any longer than that, because the bugs really start to sting when they go above 40mph.
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    Sold
    Sold

Bostons Pizza called me last week and asked if we would come back there.
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach