Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Traffic Collision!!

Re: Traffic Collision!!

will be even better when his insurance drops him. all because his thong was crawling up his ass too far one morning.... Bet his wife will be proud.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Whatever you do, do not post the video, (at least until the issue is resolved)

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    BTW, were you on the bike, or in your car?

this was all in the Wife's car...

No air bag deployment luckily! Everyone is OK it was a minor bump and very little damage to both cars.
    €~~~ Ramon Uribe ~~~€. 2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R (Current 2019)

-"CSC Community" Trailer - Is Available As Of (Stolen!!!!!!!) FML - @ My Home
    720-475-6984

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    will be even better when his insurance drops him. all because his thong was crawling up his ass too far one morning.... Bet his wife will be proud.

funny, his wife did come to the scene to give some paperwork he didn't have at the time, i didn't see her face but my wife said she looked really mad. Hopefully both of our wives take it easy on us....

720-475-6984

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    Spelling Nazi says.....

*brakes[/spelling lesson]
    Thank you!

I had some f*tard brake check me on the freakin' highway during normal traffic flow. I ended up rear ending him since SUV's don't stop on a dime. He was being a d-bag and couldn't get his "made-up" story straight when he told it to the officer. After he figured out the guy was lying, the Highway Patrol Officer ended up writing the d-bag a ticket and let me go. HE was so awesome! D-bag then proceeded to try and make a claim on my insurance for a new bumper (on a Ford Taurus) because of a few scratches and they told him to take a hike because he was the one who received the ticket. The State asked me if I wanted to make a claim and I said no since my car really wasn't that bad and I didn't want to go through all the hassle, plus I got rid of the SUV shortly thereafter.

Many people drive like idiots and are only concerned about themselves, watch out for yourself!
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

legally as the one merging it is your responsibility to merge into traffic safely. You must yield to all vehicles on the roadway you're merging onto. The other driver is not required to yield to you.

Leah
    05 Raven R1
    01 YZ250F

This was before your BMW?

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Thank you!

I had some f*tard brake check me on the freakin' highway during normal traffic flow. I ended up rear ending him since SUV's don't stop on a dime. He was being a d-bag and couldn't get his "made-up" story straight when he told it to the officer. After he figured out the guy was lying, the Highway Patrol Officer ended up writing the d-bag a ticket and let me go. HE was so awesome! D-bag then proceeded to try and make a claim on my insurance for a new bumper (on a Ford Taurus) because of a few scratches and they told him to take a hike because he was the one who received the ticket. The State asked me if I wanted to make a claim and I said no since my car really wasn't that bad and I didn't want to go through all the hassle, plus I got rid of the SUV shortly thereafter.

Many people drive like idiots and are only concerned about themselves, watch out for yourself!
    2006 DRZ SM
    2003 RIZLA GSX-R 1000 (sold)
    2008 R6

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Yea, but if the guy speeds up when you do to merge in front of him and then slows down as you do when the lane ends, that's called being a dick. Also, trying to merge when the lane ends isn't cause to slam on the brakes. Mind you, I wasn't there so maybe there's more to the story, but I'm glad you had your GoPro.
    "With every broken bone, I swear I lived."

If "being a dick" was illegal, prison overcrowding would exponentially worse.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauliep View Post
    This was before your BMW?
    Yep, it was in the Infiniti. And the guy was like in his 60+'s.
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

What I'm curious about is if the cop wrote the other guy a ticket did he drop yours?
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    What I'm curious about is if the cop wrote the other guy a ticket did he drop yours?
    Nope,,,,,, ill have to fight it i think, but getting some other opinions first, something about how he can't but still pending

720-475-6984

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    Thats what I'm wondering too. How can both be ticketed?

Quote Originally Posted by King Nothing View Post
    It's your job to merge safely. Not his job to let you merge.
    Not true most states have laws saying it is illegal to PREVENT someone from merging. Meaning you are not suppose to intensionally block someone like some asshats try and do. Not sure if the case in CO...but its also illegal to slam on the brakes for no reason...good I hope your video makes your insurance not pay the dude.

you mean he's not one of those LEO/Judge guys?
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

My guess would be it's against policy for an officer to invalidate a ticket he wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCBX View Post
    Thats what I'm wondering too. How can both be ticketed?
    Because the citation is merely a charge asserting a violation of the law. If you rear-end a drunk driver at a stop sign because you weren't paying attention, you'd get a ticket for following too closely or careless driving while he'd be arrested for DUI. Writing a citation to one driver doesn't automatically invalidate a citation to the other.

Okay had to look this up with my Traffic Code software...again sorry I don't have the CO edition maybe I will buy it sometime.

So assuming Co has the same type of law...

(7) When a vehicle approaches the intersection of a highway from an intersecting highway or street which is intended to be, and is constructed as, a merging highway or street, and is plainly marked at the intersection with appropriate merge signs, the vehicle shall yield right of way to a vehicle so close as to constitute an immediate hazard on the highway about to be entered and shall adjust its speed so as to enable it to merge safely with the through traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    Okay had to look this up with my Traffic Code software...again sorry I don't have the CO edition maybe I will buy it sometime.

So assuming Co has the same type of law...

(7) When a vehicle approaches the intersection of a highway from an intersecting highway or street which is intended to be, and is constructed as, a merging highway or street, and is plainly marked at the intersection with appropriate merge signs, the vehicle shall yield right of way to a vehicle so close as to constitute an immediate hazard on the highway about to be entered and shall adjust its speed so as to enable it to merge safely with the through traffic.
    Colorado doesn't. We have a law about refusing to let someone pass you, but not for merging. I'll have to take a look at the statute regarding being overtaken and I'll post it up.

ETA: It's CRS 42-4-1003, but it applies mostly to vehicle being overtaken on the left. The only time overtaking on the right is permitted is when a veicle is turning left.
    Last edited by CaneZach; Mon Mar 28th, 2011 at 03:24 PM.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaneZach View Post
    Because the citation is merely a charge asserting a violation of the law. If you rear-end a drunk driver at a stop sign because you weren't paying attention, you'd get a ticket for following too closely or careless driving while he'd be arrested for DUI. Writing a citation to one driver doesn't automatically invalidate a citation to the other.
    Booyah.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Colorado doesn't. We have a law about refusing to let someone pass you, but not for merging. I'll have to take a look at the statute regarding being overtaken and I'll post it up.

Does CO have this which would mean the other driver forfeited his right of way by speeding:
    (5) The driver of a vehicle traveling at an unlawful speed shall forfeit a right of way which the driver might otherwise have under this section.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

I'd like to see that one.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

I am confused. Did the guy break check you immediately after merging in behind him or did this happen a bit later down the road?
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

You're always killing me with this logic and shit

1999 DR650SE