Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Exhaust Do You Like?

Which Exhaust Do You Like?

Hey guys, thinking about buying an exhaust very soon. Just wondering what guys have on your bike.

I'm looking for a slip on pipe that has a nice bass mean sound, but still screams at the high rpms. The devil pipe is something of interest as well as the Leo Vince, and Two brothers.

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Re: Which Exhaust Do You Like?

I've had a bunch of Leo Vince stuff over the years and can say the following things about them

1) The US customer service is very good. They have always taken very good care of me.

2) The parts fit. They are well engineered and the instructions for installation are quite good.

I've been nothing but impressed by them and feel good about spending my money with 'em.

S

Stay away from 2 Bros, or Yosh if you are looking for a Bass sound.

My recommendations?

1. Akrapovic
    2. Leo Vince
    3. Arata

But seriously, the Akrapovic is the best sounding pipe I have ever heard for any bike.

I like the factory exhaust.
    The City of Denver does too.
    It's quiet and doesn't piss off neighbors, and it keeps the authorities attention off of you.

But... if your mom didn't hug you enough when you were a kid, then go for it.

I had the full Akropovic Evo on my race bike. It's one of the best exhausts for power on the R6, but its pretty pricey. Don't know much about the slipon version...
    Casey D

My Akropovic slip-on definitely lightened up the bike and gave me a little more HP. I'm on an '07 ZX-6R and it didn't make the bike much louder, but still louder than stock...which was like a sowing machine.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

+1 for Akrapovic. Deep and throaty without being obnoxious. But my Yosh RS3 had a very deep growl as well. I've liked the sound of every Yosh pipe I've heard.

Avoid D&D like the plague. In my opinion, Vance&Hines pipes that I've heard usually have a very high pitch.
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    It's quiet and doesn't piss off neighbors, and it keeps the authorities attention off of you.

this

but the full yosh RS-3 on my gixxer sounds good and isn't obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by jbnwc View Post
    +1 for Akrapovic. Deep and throaty without being obnoxious.
    Agree. It's enough of a pitch change, weight savings, and performance increase without needing to be a look at me look at me pipe
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

+1 Yosh, Akra, Leo.
    +10000 Stay away from 2 bros. Might as well gut your stock exhaust or chop it off and put an autozone tip on there. M4 is also LOUD as f*ck.

It all really depends on how much you want to spend and how loud you want to be.

My Yoshi's on my R1 sound great. It's way more of deep sound than a high pitched screamer, but I think it's more of a result of the 09'+ crossplane.

If you've got the cash though, Akra's are sweeeet.

I have a m4 full system was a good price and makes good power but is super loud
    If You Can't Ride It or Take it to Bed. It Ain't Worth Having!

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Guess the 2Bros haters haven't heard my R1.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Joe, you might want to read the above question as to what i was looking for. It seems as though u missed it completely. I don't like the quiet exhaust, people on the road cannot hear me. Its unsafe, and not as fun.

Thanks for all your feedback. I like the two bros. I have heard it on a gsxr and it sounded like it had a very nice bass sound. I don't want a pipe that is too look at me look at me. Like not D&D loud. But I am looking for a nice clean bass sound that sounds just as badd ass in the high notes. lol How much did you guys pay for your LEO VINCE? Im very interested in that pipe.
    Last edited by R6biker122; Fri Apr 1st, 2011 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Was not finished with the post.

Quote Originally Posted by R6biker122 View Post
    Joe, you might want to read the above question as to what i was looking for. It seems as though u missed it completely. I don't like the quit exhaust, people on the road cannot hear me. Its unsafe, and not as fun.
    Nope, I understood your question perfectly.

I can guarantee Joe knew what you were talking about and read your post. He is saying no matter what your aftermarket exhaust is illegal in the city and county of Denver.
    Stock is not unsafe, riders are the problem. I have ridden with stock and aftermarket loud exhausts and it just is not the life saver that people try to make them out to be. Learn how to ride in traffic and save your own life. Loud annoying exhausts will get more rules and regulations shoved down our throats as is evidenced with the current noise regulations both on and off road.

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...market+exhaust

loud pipes give headaches

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

+1 ... here's why: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...ead.php?t=6689
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Leo Vince SBK. I got mine from 303Cycle.

With the quiet baffle in there, it is no louder than stock, but has a deeper tone.
    2005 Yamaha YZF-R6 (SOLD)
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    Stupidity should be painful.

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

I don't like the quiet exhaust, people on the road cannot hear me. Its unsafe, and not as fun.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Guys, i think many of you are misunderstanding where i am coming from. First of all, I am not looking to be an obnoxious loud rider, bringing attention to my bike all the time. I would simply like an exhaust that sounds a little louder than the stock pipe. Keeping the stock pipe on my R6 is not going to happen so stop telling me to do so.. I would enjoy having a pipe that has a meaner sound but still can be quiet in neighborhoods and such. My goal once again is not to tarnish the public's view of sportbike riders. I consider myself to be a great rider already with many seasons of experience. I don't get the theory of people saying that just because someone would like an aftermarket pipe means they can't ride. This is ridiculous..
    Isan't it true one can get a pipe that is not abonoxious, that sounds better, increasing the fun meter ten fold? If you're a courteous aware rider respecting the cars around you, how can a little more Db's hurt you? Just like riding with your brights during the daytime helps save lives, i think it is fair to say that a little more noise may be effective as well. Anything that appeals to the senses to let somone know you're around. Now once again... not talking about getting a D&D pipe.. Everything in moderation.

When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Guys, i think many of you are misunderstanding where i am coming from. First of all, I am not looking to be an obnoxious loud rider, bringing attention to my bike all the time. I would simply like an exhaust that sounds a little louder than the stock pipe. Keeping the stock pipe on my R6 is not going to happen so stop telling me to do so.. I would enjoy having a pipe that has a meaner sound but still can be quiet in neighborhoods and such. My goal once again is not to tarnish the public's view of sportbike riders. I consider myself to be a great rider already with many seasons of experience. I don't get the theory of people saying that just because someone would like an aftermarket pipe means they can't ride. This is ridiculous..
    Isan't it true one can get a pipe that is not abonoxious, that sounds better, increasing the fun meter ten fold? If you're a courteous aware rider respecting the cars around you, how can a little more Db's hurt you? Just like riding with your brights during the daytime helps save lives, i think it is fair to say that a little more noise may be effective as well. Anything that appeals to the senses to let somone know you're around. Now once again... not talking about getting a D&D pipe.. Everything in moderation.

Are you trying to bring REASON into a conversation on the CSC?! ON A FRIDAY?!?!?

As a biker driving my car home from work one day 2 yrs ago I darn near ran over a stock CBR(I think) while he was hanging in my blind spot on Lincoln Ave because I couldn't see or hear him. If that was you; sorry.
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000

You asked for opinions on the internet, and that is what you will get. Many seasons of riding should have put you around many bikes with slipons and you haven't been able to decide on your own?