Thread: Saying goodbye

Saying goodbye

Been lurking for a long time, staying in the shadows. It is now time to say good bye. I enjoyed the past, thank you all for the great experiences. I may every once in a while check in to see if I have a PM, other that that...

I bought a new toy and selling the purple and pink, as well as the darkside.

If you see it in Colorado, don't be affraid to wave. Goodbye my friends.

Re: Saying goodbye

Why say goodbye?? Some purists may disagree but you are still riding! Also the Spyder is definitely the most sporting of any 3 wheeler!

There's another CSCer with a white Spyder. He was on today's ride. It's not two wheels but then again it's not a Harley.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Hell... we have people who have hung around who haven't owned any type of 2-3 wheeled vehicles in a LOOONNGG time. No need to jump ship now.

I definitely wouldn't mind having a Can-Am in the garage.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

I want a can am. Someone buy me one. Make sure it's white.

CSC co-founder

From the beginning of the Club, I can honestly say you would be more than welcome to come on the rides....

1) Great to stow all the stuff people want to bring but don't have room on the "Sport-Bikes"!

2) Great place to put the bitch when you want to tear through the twisties free!

3) Great place to sit when the cycle crashes / don't work no more!

4) I would still consider her a sport bike!!

I should know... I had a big fat pig ZX-1100 that fit all of the above!!

Dietrich
    PHX, AZ

Apparently, Spyder owners say the front trunk doubles as an ice cooler for carrying post ride beverages, just sayin'
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

I believe it is will-T who owns the white Can Am (or perhaps I'm confusing someone else). He joined us to Bishop's Castle two weeks ago and we all had fun.

You're always welcome to ride with CSCers, especially if you take asp_125's suggestion on the ice cooler...
    '09 Duc Monster 696
    '00 Suz SV650 (Dad's, garaged with mine)
    I like mountains because they make me feel small.

Hell yeah it does. Little garbage bag liner and some ice. Nice little drain plug incase the garbage bag rips...

I was never one for going fast when I was on 2 wheels, so I'm probably not the best example now, but someone with more crazy in them than me or someone who's immortal could easily keep up with the best of the 2 wheelers out in the canyons on a Spyder. The bike (roadster, whatever the hell you want to call it) is not the limiting factor in my slow ass pace...

Besides, if someone really complains, just hang off on the outside of the turn and you'll be on a 2 wheeler just like everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    There's another CSCer with a white Spyder. He was on today's ride. It's not two wheels but then again it's not a Harley.
    I'd rather be seen on my Sportster than on one of those things. And it's not that I don't consider them a bike or inferior, it's just they're butt ass ugly.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sat Apr 2nd, 2011 at 06:36 PM. Reason: typo
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

I'd have to agree. The 2011 RS-S inspired by UPS is U-G-L-Y!

Account Deactivated at users request Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by will-t View Post
    I'd have to agree. The 2011 RS-S inspired by UPS is U-G-L-Y!

A helluva lot sweeter than a Sportster.

will-t rolled with southies a couple weeks ago and again today.

Hang tough!

John

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarX View Post
    A helluva lot sweeter than a Sportster.
    Different strokes for different folks.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

I actually like the Can-Am look and think it's pretty badass, but I'm not sure if I'd ever own one.
    -Greg
    2013 BMW R1200GS

Personally after riding one I don't think I could get used to the handling. Might have just been the tires on that one or something. Otherwise I think they're a great idea, especially for older/disabled riders. (but not just for them)

I've driven one, while the (Aprilia) 990 Rotax doesn't move it like it does on a bike, it's a kick in the pants. You just can't countersteer it, you ride it more like a snowmobile.
    my Facebook, SpeedShots

Dude, it's definately a head turner and still a motorcycle in my book!

Not sure if you bought it to ride more two up, but that would probably be a factor if i was to get one.
    2011 Ducati 848 Evo "Bautista"
    2002 Honda RC-51 "Big Boi"

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!"

Well thanks all.

I guess I might just lurk around, and pop in every once in a while.

The byke is a kick in the pants. It Rides like a 4-wheeler on the street. Touchy handling, and when you want, you can fishtail like a champ.

I have a trunk liner so I wont be able to hold as many drinks as Will-T. I will maybe join a summer BBQ just to see everyone again.

Airreed.... I bought it because I was tired of having 2 bikes that just sat in the garage. Riding season up here is shorter than CO, so the 3 wheels give me more confidence with all the sand they use. The spyder is a mix between a cruiser and a sportbike, thats why I decided on it.

I would think touring on one would be a lot of fun, less to worry about and probably can ride further when tired (its not fun picking up a VMax in a parking lot when you forget a kickstand after 18 hours of riding).

Down side is lane sharing is not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    I would think touring on one would be a lot of fun, less to worry about and probably can ride further when tired (its not fun picking up a VMax in a parking lot when you forget a kickstand after 18 hours of riding).

Down side is lane sharing is not possible.

I Flew out to St. Louis MO to pick it up. 970+ miles, did 600+ in one trek, wasn't bad at all!

Lane sharing with bikes is actually quite possible. I've flown in formation a few times on mine and you just have to keep the outside tire an inch from the white or yellow line. You can also stack normally at a stoplight.

It just requires you to be a little more aware of your lane position. And occasionally you scare the pants off cagers because you're sooooooo close to their lane.

Quote Originally Posted by will-t View Post
    Lane sharing with bikes is actually quite possible. I've flown in formation a few times on mine and you just have to keep the outside tire an inch from the white or yellow line. You can also stack normally at a stoplight.

It just requires you to be a little more aware of your lane position. And occasionally you scare the pants off cagers because you're sooooooo close to their lane.
    I actually meant this (some call it Lane Splitting, we who want it legal in all states call it 'Lane Sharing'):

I never liked riding side by side in parade formation, I like having MY lane and that extra room for an escape route.

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post

I never liked riding side by side in parade formation, I like having MY lane and that extra room for an escape route.
    +1000 I have never done the side by side Harley hand holding formation. Freakin dangerous. My lane, and I use ALL of it.
    http://www.rapidfirebunker.com
    $15 FFL TRANSFERS. $15 Private Transfers
    Emergency Preparedness Store, Survival BULK Food, knives, Guns, Ammo, FREEDOM