Thread: Trailer hitch installed

Trailer hitch installed

I need to get a hitch put on a 2009 Nissan Rogue. I have called a couple Nissan dealers and they won't touch it. Does anyone have a good and cheap place to go? I need this done ASAP as I need it for this coming weekend. Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: Trailer hitch installed

Did they mention your warranty and possibly voiding it? Do you care?

FWIW, the early Tundra's were not allowed to have plows mounted on them or you would void your warranty. I'm sure you already checked, just throwing that out there...

Have you tried Uhaul....I only say this as I've seen many cars with Uhaul hitches.
    2011 Ducati 848 Evo "Bautista"
    2002 Honda RC-51 "Big Boi"

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!"

+1 on Uhaul. They were the only ones I could find that would do my wife's 2005 Neon, turns out they're also the cheapest and the hitches aren't usually that bad. I had Nissan put the one on my Frontier and paid almost twice as much. (Mostly because I needed the Nissan factory wiring harness, which handles trailer brakes.)
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR
    '11 Suzuki V-Strom DL-650 *SOLD*
    '07 Aprilia RSV R Factory *SOLD*

I didn't think about asking the dealership regarding the warranty. Thanks for the idea.

I will call U-haul in the morning. I always think of them as renters not installers. Thanks all.

Senior Member Yearly Supporter green_zx7r's Avatar

+2 on U-Haul. Had a U-Haul hitch attached to my Nissan Murano. Don't remember exactly how much but it wasn't that expensive. Maybe around $200?

Had it done at a U-Haul garage in Boulder in a couple of hours.
    Yusuke (U-skay)
    2002 WSBK Eric Bostrom Monza Wild Card Replica ZX-7R
    2006 Track prepped ZX-6R

Always and forever will be a Kawasaki rider.

CSC co-founder

1) Def. ask Nissan why they won't do it, even based on the Tow capabilities printed in your auto manual.

2) +1 for U-Haul... you can even negotiate a couple bucks between the dealers for the install. Also, look at what the internet hitches are going 4 to educate ur self.

01' Accord + Hitch = most of the time enough to tow 1 R1
    PHX, AZ

+3 on Uhaul. They installed on my old Sebring years ago, rewired my Dodge truck when I had issues moving out here (mid-move even).

Be interested to hear what the dealer says about the hitch. I rarely see Volvo S60Rs with hitches, but they haven't said anything to me about voiding my warranty, wonder why a Rouge would be any less suitable.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Be interested to hear what the dealer says about the hitch. I rarely see Volvo S60Rs with hitches, but they haven't said anything to me about voiding my warranty, wonder why a Rouge would be any less suitable.
    I'm going with "it's for a 4 banger hooked to a CVT."
    Neither are optimal for towing, so chances are they don't want to screw with it and have an unhappy customer.

owners manual should cover towing restrictions. besides, receiver hitches are used for more than just towing boats these days. A cat 1 hitch can be used for bike racks to tailgating party accessories. If a Goldwing or a Roadking can handle a hitch.....
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

We bought our Subaru hitch here...

http://www.hitchcorner.com

They offer installation and seemed like a good place.

I have used Lampert Hitch several times and have been very satisfied, they list your hitch as available and in stock:

http://www.lamperthitch.com/prodDeta...20%20Rogue,MX1

Uhaul installed a hitch for me once, but if you go there I would recommend sticking around and getting your hands dirty. They only had one person there to install my hitch and it is definitely at least a two person job. Also, installing a hitch often means removing parts and drilling, so if you want to make sure it gets done with care you should be there to at least supervise.
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000

I'm guessing it's the "4 banger CVT" excuse. They weren't recommending a class III hitch on my Murano either. I went on the Nissan boards and sure enough there were folks towing with it. I tow my bike trailer just fine.
    Last edited by asp_125; Mon Apr 4th, 2011 at 10:14 AM.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

uhaul is normally a franchise. The services offered, and the quality received can vary widely from one to the next.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    I have used Lampert Hitch several times and have been very satisfied, they list your hitch as available and in stock:

http://www.lamperthitch.com/prodDeta...20%20Rogue,MX1
    Lampert appears to be the local favorite. When we were looking at fifth wheels, just about every dealer suggested Lampert for the install. I was very impressed to pick up my truck and see that they actually put the right bolts in the right holes. Great price and very friendly, too!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Each vehicle is different, my Ford Focus ST the holes the hitch I bought lined up and it was just a matter of putting the bolt through the hole and putting the nut on. So no drilling needed...if you had more time (you should of planned) I would check the Murano boards out and see which hitch people are buying and does the install require any drilling!!!

Max Air off of County Line and Valley Highway 303-706-0000
    Hitch Corner near Ken Caryl and 470 303-904-1558

I got the hitch for my Mo' done at Trailersource in wheatridge.
    http://www.trailersourceinc.com/
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

+1 for Uhaul. And depending on the vehicle, some just pop right on. I installed mine from uhal on my truck, by myself. $189, lifetime warranty.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    I'm guessing it's the "4 banger CVT" excuse. They weren't recommending a class III hitch on my Murano either. I went on the Nissan boards and sure enough there were folks towing with it. I tow my bike trailer just fine.
    Pah-shaw! To the likely excuse, not necessarily you. People all over the world tow with 4-bangers, we just seem to think we should be able to run down the highway at 75 towing the max vehicle weight.

Sure, it ain't a bumper hitch, but it is a Beetle! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BNMvBnm14o
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR