Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bell Helmets

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

Bell Helmets

We talked to Bell out at Indy and they really wanted us to carry thier line of full face helmets. So after talking with them we are happy to say we'll have the Bell Star's, RS-1's, Vortex, and Arrow. Prices start at just $99 for the arrow on up to the top of the line Bell Star $549-649

Bell literally invented the helmet and the name has been around for a long time and is just making a resurgence in the street market. If you have not seen the Bell line of helmets up close stop in at 303 and we'll show you all the features and benifits of the new Bell line of helmets.

You want something truly unique to set you apart from the rest? Stop in at 303, your ONLY place for Bell, RS Taichi, Dainese, Knox, Forcefield, Sartso, Brembo, Arlen Ness, and others. You can set yourself apart or follow.
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Re: Bell Helmets

I had Bell helmets for years when I was younger, until I started wearing Shoei, which was pretty much the time Bell got out of streetbike helmets in the mid-'80's (due to tiresome litigation). They LOOK cool, but I've never talked to anyone that owns one, or even read a review about one, so, they're somewhat of an unknown quantity now as you can't use what they did 20+ years ago as a reference. And, in fact, the major reason I switched to Shoei was that they had styrofoam in the chinbar unlike the rubber in the Bell, which was much safer if you hit your face (styrofoam absorbs impact energy and crushes unlike the rubber in the Bell). Best of luck with it though. I'd love to see Bell get back into the market in a serious way with quality helmets.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

^^ Check out webbikeworld... several Bell reviews. Very positive... Especially for the price.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motor...t/bell-vortex/
    http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motor...et/bell-arrow/
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

I have a bell star and I really like it, very comfortable. I've never crash tested it, thankfully.

After talking with Bell I can say I'm extremely impressed with their new line of helmets. I wouldn't hesitate to wear one at all, in fact it will be my next helmet for sure! That Bell Star Cerwinske will look good on the Kawi

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Quote Originally Posted by konichd View Post
    After talking with Bell I can say I'm extremely impressed with their new line of helmets. I wouldn't hesitate to wear one at all, in fact it will be my next helmet for sure! That Bell Star Cerwinske will look good on the Kawi
    I really want that cerwinske carbon.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ^^ Check out webbikeworld... several Bell reviews. Very positive... Especially for the price.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motor...t/bell-vortex/
    http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motor...et/bell-arrow/
    Thanks! I'll check 'em out. I'd be in the market for a new one but I'm short the $$ and my boot needs fixing (or replacing) first as it's becoming semi-functional.
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Account Deactivated at users request Yearly Supporter

Bell definitely has some of the tastiest graphics. I look forward to seeing them in person to feel the quality and fit. You guys are kickin' butt with some great brands. Nice job!

I have a Vortex (RSD one), and I love it. Most comfortable helmet I've ever worn. Build quality is top notch considering the sub $200 price. Snell 2010 rated as well. I'll be getting an RS-1, probably, by the end of this year. On that note, What are you guys gonna be selling the RS-1 at?
    Last edited by BC14; Thu Apr 7th, 2011 at 06:24 AM.
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    '12 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '08 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '05 Suzuki SV1000S - Sold
    '07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 - Sold

We should have our stock in on Monday afternoon. The RS-1's are right at $349 to 399 from solids to graphics. We ordered the Panic Zone and Shattered for the graphics and solid black.

do you have any tear-offs for the Star in stock or do you need to order?
    Jon
    MRA #80
    MSF Rider Coach

Sponsors: ABATE of Colorado, Aurora Honda, Vanmar Racing, Michelin, Woodcraft, Armour Bodies, GoPro

I have a new RS-1, nicest liner of any helmet I've owned including a Suomy. Only ridden in it twice, but all positive things to say. Want to get the Solflex visor for it like my Akuma had and it'll be the perfect helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by TopTier View Post
    do you have any tear-offs for the Star in stock or do you need to order?
    We will later this week as Bell doesn't make them but the Rider Optics work and a couple others

We will later this week as Bell doesn't make them but the Rider Optics work and a couple others
    cool. I'll probably stop by this weekend.
    Jon
    MRA #80
    MSF Rider Coach

Sponsors: ABATE of Colorado, Aurora Honda, Vanmar Racing, Michelin, Woodcraft, Armour Bodies, GoPro

that lid does look sick.

The Bells are starting to come in! Right now we have all the full face range in stock from the Arrow, Vortex, Revolver, RS-1 and Star. We are getting more in the upcoming weeks to get more stock. However feel free to stop on down and take a look at all the models that Bell has to offer.

Wow wish I would've known you were getting them, wouldn't have bought mine online :P Go buy these lids guys, they are sick!! Do you stock Dainese leather pants? Would prefer to buy local.

We had a few of the alien pelle in stock but have sold them out. Let me know what you are looking for and its not a problem to get you taken care of!

I'm wearing a Bell Helmet as I type this!

Great review on the RS-1...

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/3/9731...et-Review.aspx

Oh, and why the hell has it taken so long for a helmet company to come out with a photo chromatic visor?! Or have I just been looking at the wrong manufacturers?
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!

More coming in early next week to expand our inventory. The photochrome shield is pretty sweet and works really well

^^ always wanted one, but never saw them for my Shoeis.

It's one of the reasons I moved over to helmets w/ secondary internal visors. I got sick of riding night blind when I forgot to take a clear visor with me.

The big reason you don't see another other company doing it is because of the transition time (full clear to dark is about 2 minutes, full dark to clear the same). A lot of companies are hesitant to release a shield like this because if you ride into a tunnel per say, the lense cannot change fast enough making you open the visor. There aren't many situations like this but they are out there.

Now if your riding to work, etc. its nice to only have one lense with no need to switch in between different ones while riding.

Also with the additional breath box ($9.95) these are great for snowmobiling as well. The shields are a snap to remove, and the interior quality is excellent and very plush.

If you haven't seen a Bell helmet in person you have to take a look!

The big reason you don't see another other company doing it is because of the transition time (full clear to dark is about 2 minutes, full dark to clear the same). A lot of companies are hesitant to release a shield like this because if you ride into a tunnel per say, the lense cannot change fast enough making you open the visor. There aren't many situations like this but they are out there...
    Like riding under heavy tree canopy, where you have quickly changing bright and dark conditions. ie Some roads back east and most dirt trails.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

i ride with a dark shield on all the time... I manage pretty well.. I'd love one of those Transitions shields, but they are pricey
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    '12 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '08 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '05 Suzuki SV1000S - Sold
    '07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 - Sold