Thread: Northglenn I-25 speed traps

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Northglenn I-25 speed traps

For those of you that are familiar with the speed trap run off the pedestrian bridge over I25 just North of 104th Ave, this will be some useful information for you. I hate speed traps, but I also respect the idea that excessive stupidity and speed can endanger yourself and others. However, I'm not excited about the idea of creating an unsafe situation on the road, in an effort to catch people speeding.

The last 2 times this trap was run (it's known as IMPACT DAYS to Northglenn police), I was nearly sideswiped by someone paying attention to the police, and not to those around them. With 7+ officers having people pulled over, it creates a traffic jam, and people become inattentive and make stupid decisions. I've started feeling unsafe on that stretch of road while this trap is being run. Every other day, it's quite normal. Forget my hate for speed traps, I'm now feeling unsafe while they run this trap. I contacted the Northglenn police and expressed my concern with their tactics and what it does to traffic while it's running. I explained that I'd take another way to work on the days they run them, if I knew beforehand. Especially when I'm on my bike. The chief of police gladly provided me with the list of days they plan to run these impact days, and said I could share them with whoever. He says the idea is to get people to slow down, and reduce accidents. Not to generate revenue. Being that he gave me this info and wants me to share it, that makes it seem like it's more about safety than revenue generation, and for that I give them kudos.

Enjoy!

Day Shift Impacts
    March 30 (Wed)
    April 7 (Thu)
    April 21 (Thu)
    May 12 (Thu)
    June 9 (Thu)
    July 21 (Thu)
    August 4 (Thu)
    August 25 (Thu)
    September 1 (Thu)
    October 13 (Thu)
    November 3 (Thu)

Night-time CDOT Speed Grant Impacts
    May 6 (Fri)
    May 28 (Sat)
    June 10 (Fri)
    June 25 (Sat)
    July 1 (Fri)
    July 30 (Sat)
    Aug 12 (Fri)
    Aug 20 (Sat)
    Sept 10 (Sat)
    Sept 30 (Fri)

Edit: I've never seen them run this on the Southbound side of I-25. Only for Northbound traffic.
    Last edited by Ricky; Tue Apr 12th, 2011 at 01:48 PM.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F