Thread: Jefferson Parkway coming soon??

Jefferson Parkway coming soon??

Longmont, Colorado Tuesday, April 26, 2011 Publish Date: 4/25/2011 By John Fryar © 2011 Longmont Times-Call BOULDER —Boulder County commissioners on Tuesday will consider a three-party pact that could clear the path for construction of the Jefferson Parkway toll highway. An intergovernmental agreement among Boulder and Jefferson counties and the city of Boulder also could lead to preventing development of a 640-acre parcel southwest of the Rocky Flats Wildlife Preserve. Most of that land is now owned by the Colorado State Land Board, with some surface and subsurface lease interests in private ownership. Under the proposed agreement announced last week, Jefferson County would put up $5.1 million toward the cost of acquiring the parcel, which is in northern Jefferson County near the intersection of Colo. Highways 93 and 72. By the end of this year, Boulder County and the city of Boulder would contribute $2 million each to an escrow account for the parcel’s eventual purchase. Boulder County’s $2 million share would come from non-sales-tax open-space funds. One possible source for at least part of that contribution would be the lottery-funded Conservation Trust Fund money that Boulder County and other local governments receive from the state annually for local parks, recreation and open space projects. If the acquisition of the 640-acre property inefferson County isn’t completed by Jan. 1, 2016, Boulder County would get its money back. Boulder and Jefferson counties and the city of Boulder would also agree to work to seek any additional funding from other sources, if they’re needed to complete the purchase of the property in question. Under the three governments’ plan, once the property is bought, it would be transferred to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service for inclusion in an expanded Rocky Flats wildlife refuge. In a memo for Tuesday’s meeting, Boulder County policy analyst Megan Davis noted that this county’s officials have had “a longstanding desire” to preserve the parcel as open space. That, Davis wrote, is because the property “provides connectivity” between the open spaces to the west of Colo. 93 and the wildlife preserve to the east of the parcel. In return for the three-way effort to buy that parcel, Boulder County and Boulder would withdraw their longstanding opposition to construction of theefferson Parkway. That 10-mile-long toll road would start at Colo. Highway 128 in Broomfield’s Interlocken area, run south along the eastern edge of the Rocky Flats refuge, and then veer to the southwest to end at an interchange with Colo. 93 north of Golden. The proposed intergovernmental agreement would also specify, however, that no future conversion of existing lanes of Colo. 93 to toll lanes could occur without the support of Golden, Boulder andefferson counties and the city of Boulder. Boulder County commissioners have scheduled a Tuesday afternoon public hearing on the pact, and Jefferson County’s commissioners have the agreement on their own Tuesday meeting agenda, as well. The Boulder City Council is expected to consider the agreement on May 3. John Fryar can be reached at 303-684-5211 or jfryar@times-call.com. _

"Don't hate me because I'm Beautiful, hate me because I'm better than you, better yet, hate me because I'm fuckin bad ass!!!"

Re: Jefferson Parkway coming soon??

Wall of text, WINNING!!!
    "Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame" - Benjamin Franklin

SV650

"Soon" is relative. Purchase of the property may take until 2016 before dirt is even moved. The bottleneck is still going to be getting through Golden to reconnect with C470/I70.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

So...7.1 mil to ruin a bunch of open space and give me a shortcut, that I have to pay a toll on, to get to the moutains 10 min quicker? I may ease a little congestion on 93 but then there'll be more traffic on 36 to get to the toll road. Look at how little E-470 is used. What a waste, I don't understand the motivation?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Look at how little E-470 is used. What a waste, I don't understand the motivation?
    Where does this come from? E-470 isn't "little used".
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

People are cheap, they won't want to pay for what they can get for free now. Although E470 is a godsend when you have to get out to DIA (or are late for grid at HPR). I used the toll lanes on I25 all the time when I had to commute to DTC. It's time vs money.

If you google the history of the c470 e470 debacle it's been a fight between who's paying for what right of way and who's getting the revenues.

http://arvada.org/about-arvada/histo...litan-beltway/
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    .. I don't understand the motivation?
    Uhh... money?

NW parkway and E470 are both run by a private company. IIRC some south american outfit.
    my Facebook, SpeedShots

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    It's SANITY vs money.
    Fixed
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

I for one would LOVE to see this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Where does this come from? E-470 isn't "little used".
    Everytime I go by the Northwest Parkway, it's mostly empty. I'm not saying it's never used, but I've sat there for a few minutes and didn't see a car go by. That's never happened on 36, 25 or 70. To me, personally, it's such a waste that they take up space, create a huge highway, and it doesn't get used that much (imho).

Uhh... money?

NW parkway and E470 are both run by a private company. IIRC some south american outfit.
    Thanks Jeff, I understand that.

But do you really think they'll recoup 7+ mil on a 10 mile streatch of road? I guess I have reservations that necessity of this road doesn't justify the cost.

Northwest parkway and E-470 are different, even if run by the same company.

That said, I'd rather pay $4 to drive on a road with no traffic, than want to pull out my gat and kill a motherfucker in the left lane pacing the car next to them going 52 mph under the god damn speed limit. See, just talking about it makes me want to bus' a cap in some moron's ass

470 toll portions didn't get used much at first, but look at them now. The idea was that these private roads were built in areas with relatively low today traffic, and potentially high future traffic. Do you think that if that road were not a toll road, that it would not get used?

The price tag for a road is not $7m. It says $5.2m to start, then $2m per year from boulder until the land is purchased. That's just the land by itself. If you want to know if creating a private toll road is profitable, just ask the people at e-470. I'm sure they're more than just profiting. They are creating jobs, and keeping a road in better shape than the state keeps our public roads, and with higher speed limits.
    Last edited by Ricky; Wed Apr 27th, 2011 at 03:22 PM.
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

E470 has higher speed limits? Last I was on it going to the airport it was 70mph when it could clearly be 75mph. I take it every time I go to DIA, the money means nothing...its the point of not battling Denver traffic that is so nice.

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    E470 has higher speed limits? Last I was on it going to the airport it was 70mph when it could clearly be 75mph. I take it every time I go to DIA, the money means nothing...its the point of not battling Denver traffic that is so nice.
    There is no road within the 470 loop that is higher than 65mph. Speed limit only goes up once you are outside the 470 loop. E470 and NWP are 70mph. I was more pointing to the in-city freeways...
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

as long as the road is within state lines...you'll still have to deal with CO drivers...

facepalm.jpg

93 isn't even over trafficked. Hope this doesn't happen.
    George Mock | 2008 ZX6R | GoPro Hero | 3:551 5806

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAWD View Post
    as long as the road is within state lines...you'll still have to deal with CO drivers...

facepalm.jpg
    hatehatehate
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by Vellos View Post
    93 isn't even over trafficked. Hope this doesn't happen.
    I had to deal with morning and evening rush on 93 for years.
    my Facebook, SpeedShots

I had to deal with morning and evening rush for 93 years.
    How old are you Jeff? Those asians just don't age!

what are you talking about...93 is pretty bad...all those people driving the speed limit!!!!

and zach

I am so bored right now. I'm sitting alone in an office rebuilding RAID arrays and configuring data integrity measures on our machines. I have been browsing CSC, Thumpertalk, and SMJ for the past 6 hours. Yawn.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    I am so bored right now. I'm sitting alone in an office rebuilding RAID arrays and configuring data integrity measures on our machines. I have been browsing CSC, Thumpertalk, and SMJ for the past 6 hours. Yawn.
    That sucks.

advrider--->ride reports--->hours of wasted time

I had to vent.

Back on topic. Yes. Roads and stuff.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAWD View Post

facepalm.jpg
    Its not the CO drivers its the people moving here from CA that stink so bad.