Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: To the asshat who ran from the cops today...

Re: To the asshat who ran from the cops today...

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    Nah man no defense of anyone. More annoyance of people acting like the upright white knight morality keepers of the interwebs.

Think for yourself. Question aurhority.
    Ah ok cool.

Now to play devil's advocate again in reference to the questioning part... Why?

This him?

When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Hahaha!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spooph View Post
    +1

Now, there is something here that hasn't been said: This makes Vellos look bad and I would simply like to offer my testimony to Vellos' abilities. I have ridden with the guy a lot, and he is a much better group leader than I. He always knows where he's going, and on official, posted rides is very responsible. Please don't let other's actions influence his reputation.

That's my opinion. I guess if you have to, feel free to flame, but it seems reasonable to me.
    +1000.

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Crybabies ...
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

To further stir the pot. I cant believe the infatuation some of you have with this "asshat"
    "Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame" - Benjamin Franklin

SV650

I prefer straw hats for my ass.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by Finklestein87 View Post
    To further stir the pot. I cant believe the infatuation some of you have with this "asshat"
    And its funny, all of the people posting that are "infatuated" and furious with it are not the ones that got pulled over.
    Last edited by WolFeYeZ; Sun May 22nd, 2011 at 04:20 PM.
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

Yeah, I'm not upset about the situation of being pulled over. Nor was I going to give the officer any information about Luna to get him in trouble. But I would like to never see Lunasgixxer or Thankgod on any of the group rides that I'll be posting in the future.

Luna you were riding illegally in many forms, and running from the cops makes all sport bikes look bad to the LEO. While you weren't doing anything wreckless beforehand, the cop that was trying to pull you over damn near hit Adam and Brad. It's irresponsible of you for putting our group in danger like that.

Thankgod you knew about all of this, but neglected to tell anyone. I'm sure you didn't think anything would come of it, but you do a lot of stupid things regardless. For example when the cop had his lights on behind us you were tapping your helmet to indicate "police", or when the second cop at Palmer Lake said they were looking for a bike without plates you said "we saw some of those". You are also always too close to other members of the group and are clearly riding outside of your skill level.

That is all.

Last edited by Vellos; Sun May 22nd, 2011 at 05:14 PM.
    George Mock | 2008 ZX6R | GoPro Hero | 3:551 5806

Quote Originally Posted by WolFeYeZ View Post
    And its funny, all of the people posting that are infatuated and furious with it are not the ones that got pulled over.
    I don't think anyone is "infatuated" as you would describe them, rather, I think some folks are just frustrated with the response of "the club". While not an avid club rider, I have seen the CSC work very hard over the years to promote an image of responsible and safe motorcycle riding - whether it is on the street or the track. As a result, the club has gotten some notable sponsors for group events (tech days, St. Patty's Day Parade, etc.), and continues to volunteer time and man power to the Colorado motorcycle community whenever it can.

Group rides (especially "noob" rides) are where the mentality and attitude of the club is on full display, not only to "noob" riders, but the general public. And the general public is far more likely to notice an indiscretion of one man in a pack of a few dozen riders, than a lone wolf making a fool out of himself on some back road. In such a large group setting, one guy acting foolish can tarnish the image of the entire club.

Now follow it all up with club members posting their opinions here on the official CSC forum, only to be ridiculed by fellow club members. What's the point of having a club, rules, or any kind of riding etiquette, when... quite frankly... it's clear that nobody gives a shit? This guy will change his handle, and likely end up riding with most of you again in the future without any of you knowing, mainly because he knows ya'll just don't care... And that he's not going to be held accountable for his actions.

He has made blatant threats to defame and tarnish the image of the CSC, and the best anyone can do is call other people "snitches", label them as "infatuated", or make fun of them for being the "moral police."

Good luck finding people to ride with you, or join/defend the club, with that kind of attitude.

Last edited by JustSomeDude; Sun May 22nd, 2011 at 04:31 PM.

this is the best drama I've seen here since signing up.

carry on

1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Swift's Avatar

I hope there's something to be gained from all of this. For instance, putting in the required read items prior to becoming a full member on the board not to pull this kind of bullshit. You would think it would be common sense, but apparently some people just lack the mental capacity to understand humanity 101.

Thankgod, I was cool with you when I met you at the St. Patricks day parade, but your actions and posts since then have shown your true colors. If you ever happen to show up to another group ride that I'm apart of, I'll make it abundantly clear when I leave that you are the reason I didn't stick around for fear of my own safety.
    2003 BMW R1150R - For Sale - PM for details
    2007 BMW 328Xi Coupe - The Cage

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    this is the best drama I've seen here since signing up.

carry on

My wife and I are a few episodes into season 3 now...this made me laugh hard. Well played, sir.
    2016 Hyundai Veloster
    2007 SV650...NAKED!
    2007 MINI Cooper (sayonara, you piece of garbage)
    2002 Acura TL Type-S (Sold)
    2003 Triumph Speed Triple...NAKED! (DECEASED)
    2000 Suzuki SV650...NAKED! (DECEASED)
    2004 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)
    ~Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Do'Urden View Post
    My wife and I are a few episodes into season 3 now...this made me laugh hard. Well played, sir.
    I thought season 3 was good but the wife doesn't have the stomach for it. I've been going through motorcycle club drama withdrawls. Compounded by the news that Days of our Lives has now been canceled too.

Thanks for filling the void CSC.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Are you shitting me?? Days is cancelled??
    This is the end of the world

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    Nah man no defense of anyone. More annoyance of people acting like the upright white knight morality keepers of the interwebs.

Think for yourself. Question aurhority.
    If he was out on a random canyon run, no worries, this post wouldn't have happened, but as JustSomeDude so eloquently put it, this was a club ride that Jason and others had put a lot of hard work into and it puts a bad light on sportbike riders and on the CSC. That's what I take exception too. I really want to thank Vellos for keeping his head and keeping his group together.
    "With every broken bone, I swear I lived."

I thought season 3 was good but the wife doesn't have the stomach for it.
    Heheh...not my wife. She'd watch the whole third season in a day if I let her...friggin' addict. =P
    2016 Hyundai Veloster
    2007 SV650...NAKED!
    2007 MINI Cooper (sayonara, you piece of garbage)
    2002 Acura TL Type-S (Sold)
    2003 Triumph Speed Triple...NAKED! (DECEASED)
    2000 Suzuki SV650...NAKED! (DECEASED)
    2004 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)
    ~Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    I hope there's something to be gained from all of this. For instance, putting in the required read items prior to becoming a full member on the board not to pull this kind of bullshit. You would think it would be common sense, but apparently some people just lack the mental capacity to understand humanity 101.
    I think somewhere in the required reading materials when obtaining a drivers license it says something about not running from the cops. And yet it doesn't stop people.

1999 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by 60pan View Post
    Are you shitting me?? Days is cancelled??
    This is the end of the world
    the end of the world was yesterday

didn't you drink the koolaid?

1999 DR650SE

I thought season 3 was good but the wife doesn't have the stomach for it. I've been going through motorcycle club drama withdrawls. Compounded by the news that Days of our Lives has now been canceled too.

Thanks for filling the void CSC.
    Attachment 17575
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Swift's Avatar

I think somewhere in the required reading materials when obtaining a drivers license it says something about not running from the cops. And yet it doesn't stop people.
    Ain't that the truth. I guess they need to put in the fine print that eating a bowl of cereal while driving is considered distracted/dangerous too.
    2003 BMW R1150R - For Sale - PM for details
    2007 BMW 328Xi Coupe - The Cage

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeDude View Post
    I don't think anyone is "infatuated" as you would describe them, rather, I think some folks are just frustrated with the response of "the club". While not an avid club rider, I have seen the CSC work very hard over the years to promote an image of responsible and safe motorcycle riding - whether it is on the street or the track. As a result, the club has gotten some notable sponsors for group events (tech days, St. Patty's Day Parade, etc.), and continues to volunteer time and man power to the Colorado motorcycle community whenever it can.

Group rides (especially "noob" rides) are where the mentality and attitude of the club is on full display, not only to "noob" riders, but the general public. And the general public is far more likely to notice an indiscretion of one man in a pack of a few dozen riders, than a lone wolf making a fool out of himself on some back road. In such a large group setting, one guy acting foolish can tarnish the image of the entire club.

Now follow it all up with club members posting their opinions here on the official CSC forum, only to be ridiculed by fellow club members. What's the point of having a club, rules, or any kind of riding etiquette, when... quite frankly... it's clear that nobody gives a shit? This guy will change his handle, and likely end up riding with most of you again in the future without any of you knowing, mainly because he knows ya'll just don't care... And that he's not going to be held accountable for his actions.

He has made blatant threats to defame and tarnish the image of the CSC, and the best anyone can do is call other people "snitches", label them as "infatuated", or make fun of them for being the "moral police."

Good luck finding people to ride with you, or join/defend the club, with that kind of attitude.

Couldn't have said it better, and yet, again, the majority of replies are dismissive at best, mocking or derogatory at worst.

The incident itself was bad enough, but the general attitude of indifference to mockery really undermines any attempt to promote the various rules the club claims to abide by in order to keep us from looking like the jerks most of the world--and especially cops--already assumes we are.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by BC14 View Post
    Guess I should've walked the line of bikes before we all took off. That could've saved that group a ton of grief. Lesson learned, I will do that from now on during large rides.
    I didn't think that would need to happen, but maybe I expected adults to show up to CSC rides/events.

Quote Originally Posted by bornwildnfree View Post
    We had the map from Jason, but it didn't have distances on it so he thought he had missed the exit. Spooph got volunteered by me at the when we got to Moco to lead a ride so not really his fault.
    Sorry about that. That's the kind of feedback I need for future rides of this scope.

Quote Originally Posted by lunasgixxer View Post
    My bad my plate flew off Friday. Shit happens crying like a bunch of little 2nd grade girls damn Get over it grown ass men n women tryin to snitch. My group getsmy apology and the snitches get a fuck you
    If your plate flew off on Friday, then you should have skipped the ride. It's that simple. Like others have said, if you were current on your registration and license then there was nothing to worry about (assuming you have no warrants or anything out there).

You should apologize to your group -- heck, you should apologize to the entirety of CSC for taking away our hard earned community friendly reputation. You single-handedly gave CSC and sportbike riders a bad name with the Trooper.

U know we could handle all this without words just saying. Ha get over it.
    I'll be at the Bike Night at Hooters on Wednesday if you need to talk about this in person.

Quote Originally Posted by CaneZach View Post
    Then why would you run? It's a simple traffic violation that the officer could have checked on, assuming you had your current registration card. No hostility and no judging. I'm just curious.
    What he said.

Ridin dirty. Its on me I ran oh well like I said instead of being n internet soldier say shit to my face. Travis
    Hooters. Oh, and ride. That should give you 3 days to get new plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellos View Post
    I followed the directions given to us perfectly. Unfortunately the directions I was handed were wrong, and had us looking for restaurants on Chapel Hill Dr. instead of a few blocks down.
    Sorry for the confusion, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    +1000.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellos View Post
    Yeah, I'm not upset about the situation of being pulled over. Nor was I going to give the officer any information about Luna to get him in trouble. But I would like to never see Lunasgixxer or Thankgod on any of the group rides that I'll be posting in the future.

Luna you were riding illegally in many forms, and running from the cops makes all sport bikes look bad to the LEO. While you weren't doing anything wreckless beforehand, the cop that was trying to pull you over damn near hit Adam and Brad. It's irresponsible of you for putting our group in danger like that.

Thankgod you knew about all of this, but neglected to tell anyone. I'm sure you didn't think anything would come of it, but you do a lot of stupid things regardless. For example when the cop had his lights on behind us you were tapping your helmet to indicate "police", or when the second cop at Palmer Lake said they were looking for a bike without plates you said "we saw some of those". You are also always too close to other members of the group and are clearly riding outside of your skill level.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by bornwildnfree View Post
    If he was out on a random canyon run, no worries, this post wouldn't have happened, but as JustSomeDude so eloquently put it, this was a club ride that Jason and others had put a lot of hard work into and it puts a bad light on sportbike riders and on the CSC. That's what I take exception too. I really want to thank Vellos for keeping his head and keeping his group together.
    Photogallery * Google+ * Facebook! * STFU
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    god bless thongs and low self esteem women.