Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 150lbs Of Boost

Re: 150lbs Of Boost

Quote Originally Posted by Spooph View Post
    Archeon, didn't UDP go out of business? I use to work with Steve's dad....

Unfortunately, yes.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    There's nothing that will ever replace the warm feeling of a perfectly blipped 6th-to-4th downshift, that drops right lane traffic like 1st first semester chem-lab.

Quote Originally Posted by Penadam View Post
    Can't wait for the production bike! Gimme a 250 TDI! I'd have SO MUCH FUN smoking out bicyclists in the canyons....
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrider View Post
    Black Knight I love your truck. I learned how to drive in the 98 extended cab version of that truck. If I could I'd use a 2500 (don't haul too much) lifted Cummins as a daily driver.
    Yeah those first gen 24 valve Cummins rock. The old school 12 valver's are great too. Hard to find either of those that don't have a million miles on them. Good motors though. I love mine to death, I've had two. An 07 5.9 and now this 08 6.7 Cummins. Would have kept the 07, had it not been for the payment and no one wanting to re-fi. So I snagged this 08, for about $150 less a month, granted with more miles. Looking back though, I'm glad I did it. While the 5.9 is a bad ass motor, the 6.7 blows it away stock v. stock. You can't beat the 6 speed auto the new 6.7's have and the exhaust brake just owns all!! I came down Fillmore hill with that same load in the picture behind me, without touching the brakes, starting at 35mph it managed to hold 39mph all the way down with just tow/haul engaged and the exhaust brake on. If you know Fillmore, you know how steep it is.

I think the Cummins beats all of the new diesel's. Granted it's down on steam to the Duramax and the new Powerstroke. But everyone I've talked to, hate the fact that you have to keep filling up the UREA on the new Ford and Chevy. Plus the exhaust brakes those trucks have only work with the brake pedal depressed. That defeats the whole purpose of having an exhaust brake, so you don't have to ride the brakes. Plus the fact that the Cummins has 40% less moving parts that the V8's makes it nice down the road come time for mechanical issue's.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."