I have seen interest in the hill climb in other sections of the forum and hope no one minds a few car photos scattered in with the bikes.

Here in Colorado we're fortunate enough to have the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb a few hours away from our back yard. It's a unique, international event that draws all kinds of different competitors. This was the last year of the road being about half unpaved, and half paved. They start paving the rest of the course shortly after the race. While most people are disappointed to see the course going to full asphalt, I'm sure it will open the door to many more competitors which can't be a bad thing. Everyone suspected the much coveted 10:00 barrier would fall as soon as the course was partially paved, it took years before the 10 min barrier would be broken. I look forward to seen more records fall for years to come.

Watching from Devils Playground (16 mile marker) above 12,000 feet high.

IMG_1611 by berg2639, on Flickr

Devils Playground offers arguably the best view on the course as many lower sections can be seen from above looking down the hill.

IMG_1616 by berg2639, on Flickr

A long zoom is always better....right?

IMG_1648 by berg2639, on Flickr

Foreign hardware even makes the trip over the pond to take a lovely scenic drive up the hill.

IMG_1688 by berg2639, on Flickr

Jeff Zwart picked this Porsche GT2RS up at Porsche headquarters and drove it over 1100 miles to the hill climb before racing to the top setting a new class record. Not shabby for a stock car.

IMG_1708 by berg2639, on Flickr

To find the Monster, look for the dust.

IMG_1783 by berg2639, on Flickr

Visibly faster than the competition in every way - this was the year for Tajima - breaking his own record and setting a new unlimited class record of 9:51.

IMG_1801 by berg2639, on Flickr

Tajima was ecstatic for the record and donated all his winnings to Tsunami relief.

IMG_1805 by berg2639, on Flickr

Overheating by the time he reached the top of the mountain, Tajima left nothing on the hill, except for water dumping out the overflow.

IMG_1815 by berg2639, on Flickr

Millen suffered brake problems for the second year in a row. Sadly, it wasn't to be for him.

IMG_1866 by berg2639, on Flickr