Thread: Rider Mentoring

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rider Mentoring

There has been mention in a number threads of having experienced riders pair up with new or new to canyon riders for some one on one instruction time and riding evaluation.
    This would be a good place to ask for and offer the help.
    I think posting an open invite will just result in a group ride that will not offer any real quality help.

I propose that if you are looking for some help and your ego isn't too large, you can post up here and then if you aren't a total ass on here, and some one is willing to spend some time with you they can PM you and set up a meeting.

I would suggest posting times you would be available for 2-3 hours and then the mentors can see what fits into their schedules.

I hate to be the one who pushes the track thing because I know both worlds and some people have no interest or are intimated by the thought or riding track but I will throw that out here also. If you would like to visit IMI and really learn how to make your bike go around corners it will cost you all of $35 and no real bike prep. And they have fewer rules for rider gear than some of the recent rides posted here.

I don't know how to determine if those offering help are actually qualified per say to do so. I am too hoping this does not turn into noob helping noob.
    Everyone is so sensitive to their noobness that they get all pissy if it is questioned.

I am thinking more on the lines of you should have been riding for a minimum of 4-5 years and be one of "those guys or gals" that has a reputation for quick. Quick is different from fast.
    Last edited by Bueller; Sun Jul 10th, 2011 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Merge posts