Rossi came out and talked to Simoncelli. The crowd went fucking bananas. After a quick word, he signed a handfull of autographs but took off for a press interview. I got very close, but he left before I could get him to sign. Rest assured I try again later in the weekend.

We headed over to the motogp press tent and waited for 40 minutes for all the riders to come out. Stoner got mobbed! He only signed a couple quick autographs(he's notorious for not signing anything), then jumped on the scooter with his wife and took off. This is as close as I got to him. Damnit.

We went around the other areas of the pit to see AMA bikes, electric bikes, etc:

Eric Buell's new 1190RS carbon fiber. facking crazy. His team was out there racing this weekend.

The electric bikes are starting to look pretty cool. This is the bike that won the race. It was 7 seconds slower than Josh Hayes' time. They are starting to get very very fast. (mike cyz or however you spell it, came in second)

Disalvo was there

Rainey:

OK, time to set up camp. Got up after a few hours sleep and met with the cornerworkers. We're off to work for the day:

I was posted in turn 1. I could see almost the entire track which was awesome, including turn 2, so I got to see all the action.