Thread: CSC Server Performance *** UPDATE: Problem Linked to Google Chrome

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

CSC Server Performance *** UPDATE: Problem Linked to Google Chrome

ADMIN EDIT: This only seems to be a problem with Google Chrome. For instructions on how to fix it, scroll down to post #25 or click here.

Ralph / Bob, I know that you guys have many more important things to worry about with your real jobs. I just want to put this out here as I'm sure many people are experiencing the same delays in performing the simplest of tasks on CSC. This only started after the site was moved to the new servers. I'm not sure if it's a hard coded speed/duplex setting on the new hardware or maybe latency with the database.

I'm seeing delays in server response when clicking to view a thread, reply to a thread or to create a new thread. It took over 20 seconds after clicking the "New Thread" button to create this thread, I got no response and clicked it several more times before I was directed to the new thread page.

I've also noticed that there are many double posts. I'm not sure if that is because people are moderating their own posts (doubtful) or because they post, the server response is too slow so they attempt to post again and end up with a duplicate.

In running a continuous ping to the server I'm seeing inconsistent response times ranging from 9ms-200ms. I know that you are doing this on your own time, and I thank you for all the time and effort you put into keeping CSC running. I just wanted to make you aware in case this is something you may want to look into....in your copious three seconds of spare time of course!
    Last edited by Admin; Mon Aug 22nd, 2011 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Identified Chrome as the problem & added link to instructions on how to fix it.

Leah
    05 Raven R1
    01 YZ250F