Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fake Cops Assaulting Women in Denver

Exclamation Fake Cops Assaulting Women in Denver

Be careful out there...

http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=210228

DENVER - Sex crimes detectives are warning the public about two suspects impersonating police officers that sexually assaulted a woman early Sunday morning.

Aurora Police Det. Bob Friel says the woman was pulled over by what she believed were police officers during a traffic stop just before 2 a.m. She says the "white police-type sedan," which had an emergency bar with rotating lights on it, stopped her in the 10400 block of East Alameda Avenue.

Friel says the victim was ordered out of her car by the first suspect. At some point, he says the second suspect joined the first suspect, and the two sexually assaulted the woman on the sidewalk along Alameda Avenue. The victim told investigators the suspects got into their car after the assault and left the scene.

"They are a real threat to the public, and that's why we're putting all this information out there," Friel said. "We want people to be aware that they are out there, with the hope that somebody will see something and give us a call."

The victim contacted Denver Police because the incident happened on the Denver-Aurora border, and she was concerned the suspects may have been Aurora Police officers. DPD did a preliminary investigation and the Aurora Police sex crimes detectives have taken over the investigation due to recent developments.

"The critical next steps in this case are to get the DNA evidence we've analyzed as quickly as possible. Also, get the victim down to the police department here so that she can help us complete a composite sketch so we can get it out to the community," Friel said.

Friel says the victim described the first suspect as a Caucasian or Hispanic man between 30 and 40 years old and is 6 feet 1 inch tall. He had black spiked hair and did not have facial hair at the time of the incident.

The second suspect was described to investigators as a Caucasian or Hispanic man between 40 and 50 years old with gray, combed back hair, a thick mustache and a potbelly. He is between 5 feet, 6 inches tall and 5 feet, 8 inches tall.

Friel says both suspects wore a dark blue police-style uniform with a gun-belt and a displayed badge.

Aurora investigators are also working with the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office because of a similar incident that happened Monday afternoon near Wadsworth Boulevard and Bowles Avenue. Deputies say in the police impersonation case they are investigating, the woman was not assaulted.
    Jefferson County Sheriff's spokesperson Jacki Kelley says a fake police car with the same description given in the Aurora case pulled a woman over around 3:30 p.m. A man in a police uniform matched the physical description of one of the Aurora suspects, most notably his mannerisms and "large belly," Kelley said.

The woman noticed the man was wearing a police shirt, with a sheriff's patch on his shoulder and did not appear to fit the typical image of an officer or deputy.

"It was a gut feeling that she had," Kelley said.

The man ordered her three times to get out of her vehicle, but the woman refused and began to dial for help on her cell phone.

"The suspect went back to his car and drove away," Kelley said. "And she knew then he was not a real police officer."

Anyone with information about this case is asked to contact Sex Crimes Detective Ron Hahn at 303-739-6066. Aurora Police are offering a reward of up to $2,500 for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the two individuals involved in this crime.
    (KUSA-TV © 2011 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Re: Fake Cops Assaulting Women in Denver

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Same thing happened in va back in 05 scary stuff and they need to be stopped policemen are peoe everyone trusts so it's easy for these assholes to pickup victims

This seemed to always pop up in the Detroit area too...you were always advised not to stop till you are at a public area, or call 911 so they could verify it was a REAL cop and then stopping.

Its why I am totally against unmarked vehicles making routine traffic stops...no need for it. It should always be a clearly marked vehicle, with an officer wearing an actual uniform and not some plains clothes detective.

Even me being a male would call at 2am if its an unmarked vehicle...just too many nuts out there.

I've told my wife many times not to stop for an unmarked unit. Her instructions are to safely drive to the nearest police station with the unmarked in trail. If that's not possible, then she's to continue to the nearest populated area.

I remember this happening back in the 90's in Teller county. At that time, I think I understood that it was perfectly legal to do as I describe above. I have no idea if that's still true. Even if it isn't, I'd rather have my wife ticketed for evading (all the way to the police department) than accosted by some sicko.

+1 when stopped by an unmarked car, you can always request the presence of a marked unit.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

It's really an abuse of public trust, and I wish there were far stricter punishments for impersonating officers, especially in cases where it leads to assault/rape.

While I'd never wish it on a legitimate officer, I do hope these fucks get hit by a truck at their next "traffic stop".

Failing that, I hope someone catches them before they move on and/or disappear...
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    +1 when stopped by an unmarked car, you can always request the presence of a marked unit.
    I think these guys are posing in a "marked" car:

She says the "white police-type sedan," which had an emergency bar with rotating lights on it
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Scary stuff, but this why people should envoke their 2nd Amendment rights. Just saying...Cop or no cop, she should have some way of protecting herself when attacked for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I think these guys are posing in a "marked" car:
    Clarification. Light bar does not constitute a marked unit. Mall cops or CDOT vehicles can drive around with light bars. You have a right to request a unit that has all the markings and decals of an official cop car.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by Trainwreck View Post
    Scary stuff, but this why people should envoke their 2nd Amendment rights. Just saying...Cop or no cop, she should have some way of protecting herself when attacked for no reason.
    thusly why my wife be packin when she walks to work even if it is only 7 minutes away!

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tim K View Post
    I've told my wife many times not to stop for an unmarked unit. Her instructions are to safely drive to the nearest police station with the unmarked in trail. If that's not possible, then she's to continue to the nearest populated area.

I remember this happening back in the 90's in Teller county. At that time, I think I understood that it was perfectly legal to do as I describe above. I have no idea if that's still true. Even if it isn't, I'd rather have my wife ticketed for evading (all the way to the police department) than accosted by some sicko.
    Both of the events in the article were in pretty populated areas IMO. You're better off not expecting the public to do a damn thing to help you. I think if you don't know where the local police station is, just dial 911 and *keep driving*. They will get your location from the GPS in your phone, and will be able to tell you if it's a legitimate stop. If it is, you won't get ticketed for evading since you were talking to a dispatcher about it, and given these kinds of events no judge is going to slap you for trying to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainwreck View Post
    ... let me try that again . "Cop or no cop"? Are you kidding me? If it IS a cop, they have full legal authority to kill you if you pull a piece on them. You can protect yourself when attacked, but let's think this through just a bit. If not a cop then I see where you're going and agree, but pulling a gun on a peace officer for any reason is going to have one conclusion.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

the suspect vehicle was not marked and has the old style light bar like Denver has: example. And a police shirt with a sheriff's patch is a dead giveaway. If your put in this situation, just call 911 and see if there is an officer/sheriff at your specific location pulling over your car (description and license plate), hazards lights while driving in the mean time.

Quote Originally Posted by D Berns R6 View Post
    the suspect vehicle was not marked and has the old style light bar like Denver has: example. And a police shirt with a sheriff's patch is a dead giveaway. If your put in this situation, just call 911 and see if there is an officer/sheriff at your specific location pulling over your car (description and license plate), hazards lights while driving in the mean time.
    enough said thats exactly what you should do!

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    Both of the events in the article were in pretty populated areas IMO. You're better off not expecting the public to do a damn thing to help you. I think if you don't know where the local police station is, just dial 911 and *keep driving*. They will get your location from the GPS in your phone, and will be able to tell you if it's a legitimate stop. If it is, you won't get ticketed for evading since you were talking to a dispatcher about it, and given these kinds of events no judge is going to slap you for trying to be safe.

... let me try that again . "Cop or no cop"? Are you kidding me? If it IS a cop, they have full legal authority to kill you if you pull a piece on them. You can protect yourself when attacked, but let's think this through just a bit. If not a cop then I see where you're going and agree, but pulling a gun on a peace officer for any reason is going to have one conclusion.

So if a LEO demands you out of your vehicle, gets you up against the side, and proceeds to attack you for no reason, with no indication of a threat from yourself, and no warning from said LEO, you would not do everything in your power to protect yourself? insanity! Don't get me wrong here, i'm not a cop-hating-asshole, i have the utmost respect to our Police/Sheriffs/Troopers, but I will not become a statistic of some LEO that is on a power trip.

In this case, this POS should have been taken down by a well prepaired citizen that has all the right in the world to protect it's self.

And i agree with your statement: "but pulling a gun on a peace officer for any reason is going to have one conclusion"...but just because they are a LEO does not give them a free pass to do whatever they want. If no lawful orders are given to me, or reason given to why the stop was made or why this traffic stop was taking place, and then the LEO tries to beat the shit out of me...? Sorry, but I'm going to do what is needed to protect my own life. If it comes down to Him or me, I'd rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6. YMMV.
    Last edited by Trainwreck; Thu Jul 28th, 2011 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Who proof reads anymore?!?! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    It's really an abuse of public trust, and I wish there were far stricter punishments for impersonating officers, especially in cases where it leads to assault/rape.

While I'd never wish it on a legitimate officer, I do hope these fucks get hit by a truck at their next "traffic stop".

Failing that, I hope someone catches them before they move on and/or disappear...
    They aren't abusing the public trust, that's what happens when a cop does something like this, or tazers someone wrongfully, or plants evidence or purgers themselves on the stand or holds a double standard for themselves or others they know personally or or or or or. If these guys aren't police officers they are just people committing horrible crimes, the public hasn't put any trust in them, unlike actual police, which is probably wrongfully placed anyways.

Honestly these guys could easily turn out to be police, wouldn't surprise me.

And as for trusting the police, who the hell trusts the police? I'd more willingly trust my life to some random person on the street than a cop.

I'm sure there's a decent cop out there, somewhere but imho they are few and far between, and I've yet to meet one.

You guys read too many Westword articles...

+1 to someone taking out these imposters.

Quote Originally Posted by laspariahs View Post
    They aren't abusing the public trust, that's what happens when a cop does something like this...

I'm sure there's a decent cop out there, somewhere but imho they are few and far between, and I've yet to meet one.
    Your paranoia aside, the uniform implies trust--something most normal people would see as a person to help you. Once they start raping you it's too late to realize that these are imposters and not cops.

If they weren't using the uniforms they wouldn't be able to pull people over in the first place, fear of authority and trust in the police uniform allow them to commit their crimes.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    Clarification. Light bar does not constitute a marked unit. Mall cops or CDOT vehicles can drive around with light bars. You have a right to request a unit that has all the markings and decals of an official cop car.
    Yep that was the first surprise moving out here to CO is that any Joe Blow can have a light bar with blue lights. In MI its totally illegal for anyone except a cop to have blue lights of any kind they are reserved for POLICE ONLY. I think that is a good law and one that helps to crack down on impostors.

In fact its illegal in MI to even put blue ground effects on a vehicle, its illegal to have very BLUE headlights...like I said the color is reserved for Police. Fire, Ambulances, Road crews make do with the other colors typically yellow.

Resident Hater Site Admin Canuck's Avatar

RIP Gene. You are a good friend that will be missed. I'm Gene Bazyl Bitch!!

Jesus. Talk about psychotic paranoia...

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Thanks for the info. It's why I'm glad I have a bluetooth headset in my helmet and can call 911 with out stopping or taking the helmet off. Stay safe out there everyone.
    "With every broken bone, I swear I lived."

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post

Norway lessons

Read and think.

The video there makes you sick and cops wonder why people don't like them. Total uncalled for especially when the guy is trying to say he has a CCW...LOL That is a cop that needs to be fired, so damn ridiculous that he gets paid vacation time. Video is pretty clear...no investigation needs to be done.

On the flip side, WTF was the guy doing in that neighborhood!!!! He probably was up to no good.